'14 TN OL/DL Charles Mosley (UT Signee 2/5/14)

From 247...

Tennessee football source on freshman lineman Charles Mosley’s car accident: “I hate that he got hurt, but ... damn, if that car broke his leg, I can’t even imagine what he did to that car. That’s a big ol’ boy, now.”

Somebody reads VN.

Calculating caloric output to digest food is a different metric than calculating metabolic increases.

Meal frequency with the same amount of daily calories, DEFINITELY, increases metabolism.

Calculating caloric output to digest food is a different metric than calculating metabolic increases.

Meal frequency with the same amount of daily calories, DEFINITELY, increases metabolism.

The british journal of nutrition studied the effects of weight loss specically using groups who ate the same calories. One group ate 3 meals daily the other ate 6 over an 8 week period. Both groups lost the same amount of weight.

Increased meal frequency does not promo - PubMed Mobile

So where is the boost?

A lot of research suggests that's a myth.

I have had literally tons of patients (pun intended) lose weight by only doing the 5-6 small meals when they could not exercise due to injuries. My experience is considered anecdotal to the researcher, but if I have seen significant positive results, I do not care about the researcher...:)

Medicine is both an Art and a Science. Many times the Science has not caught up with the Art. :salute:

I am not that Oprah doctor that gets paid by the diet companies either...:hi:

Reactions: 1 person
I have had literally tons of patients (pun intended) lose weight by only doing the 5-6 small meals when they could not exercise due to injuries. My experience is considered anecdotal to the researcher, but if I have seen significant positive results, I do not care about the researcher...:)

Medicine is both an Art and a Science. Many times the Science has not caught up with the Art. :salute:

Hah! I'm not out to change anyone's opinion. At the end of the day you have to go with what works.

My only point was that weight loss is all about calories in vs calories out and one should focus on eating patterns that suit his or her own lifestyle.

Since everyone is argueing about things in here today. Here's my two cents worth.

Global warming...........myth

Hey folks. You know that hole in the O-Zone? It's always been there. Is it getting bigger? Yep it sure is. Just like it is suppose to do.

Let's travel through a brief history of the world. Millions upon millions of years ago, the earth was very hot and humid and dinosaurs lived on he planet. The hole was big. More ultraviolet rays got through. Then we had an Ice age. Hole smaller. Less ultraviolet rays. Over millions of years the hole grew again, warming the planet back up.

Isn't it nice to know that our O-Zone hole is doing it's job?

:hi:

Reactions: 3 people
Since everyone is argueing about things in here today. Here's my two cents worth.

Global warming...........myth

Hey folks. You know that hole in the O-Zone? It's always been there. Is it getting bigger? Yep it sure is. Just like it is suppose to do.

Let's travel through a brief history of the world. Millions upon millions of years ago, the earth was very hot and humid and dinosaurs lived on he planet. The hole was big. More ultraviolet rays got through. Then we had an Ice age. Hole smaller. Less ultraviolet rays. Over millions of years the hole grew again, warming the planet back up.

Isn't it nice to know that our O-Zone hole is doing it's job?

:hi:

You said hole

Yeah...what do DOCTORS know? :unsure:

With all due respect, just because he is a doctor, does not mean all his claims are to be held as truth. It's unfortunate for physicians that so many doctors write books on misinformation.

Not true can speed it up by eating every 2-3 hours. Small meals of course, it jumps keeps the metabolic rate going at all times

You point out your cherry picking, yet you still hold your claims as truth. Just because your clients consumed 6 small meals a day and lost weight, that does not mean meal frequency was the reason for the weight loss. There is no strong evidence to suggest an increase in metabolic rate and body fat oxidation by way of increased meal frequency. Meal frequency would have to either effect BMR (basal metabolic rate) or TEF (thermic effect of food).

Richmond mentioned in 247 interview that Mosley had to have a rod put in his leg. Is that a pretty big deal in terms of athletics?

Richmond mentioned in 247 interview that Mosley had to have a rod put in his leg. Is that a pretty big deal in terms of athletics?

I would imagine that is fairly common with a break like his to stabilize his tibia and fibula so it grows back correctly. Youth is on his side as well.

Hubbs said the car flipped 3 times and went down into a ravine. If it happened at night, nobody would have found them. Said Charles was with his family, but Charles got the worst of it.

Hubbs said the car flipped 3 times and went down into a ravine. If it happened at night, nobody would have found them. Said Charles was with his family, but Charles got the worst of it.

Not sure if anyone is familiar with that area around exit 134 but its one of the worst areas you could have that wreck. I always get some nerves going driving over the bridge. Extremely lucky it blew out where it did and not over the river

Not sure, but athletes come back from bad leg breaks like this all the time. Kevin Ware for example is expected to make a full recovery. It's the achilles injuries, acls and such that are harder to come back from. With the way medicine and surgery has progressed, I doubt that a small titanium rod would have much impact on his agility or health. If anything it just aids in recovery.

VN Store

Back