'14 TN OL/DL Charles Mosley (UT Signee 2/5/14)

I know he's on crutches and will redshirt but it could end up being a good thing for this kid. Linemen like him are supposed to take a redshirt year. But this guy could be a great player for us before it's all said and done. It looks like he's lost a little of the bad weight thru the nutrition program is looking very Tiny Richardson-esque at 6'6 and a similar build. This is him at the scrimmage the other night.

Agree with everything except the Tiny reference. Richardson was something like 12% bodyfat. It was pretty unreal. Though Mosley has done very well with not blowing up (which was my concern) and has definitely lost some weight, let's not compare him to Tiny's freakish build.

Problem with Big Dan was he was recruited to basically clog space and be disruptive at Nose in Sal's 3-4 Defense. As we know, that didn't end well and Dooley was fired with Big Dan being much less affective as a 4-3 DT.

Mosley will end up being a really solid OG or OT I think for us..

I would love to see Mosley become the next Haynesworth or Henderson. Of course, with our worries at OT maybe he can be the next great there.

Problem with Big Dan was he was recruited to basically clog space and be disruptive at Nose in Sal's 3-4 Defense. As we know, that didn't end well and Dooley was fired with Big Dan being much less affective as a 4-3 DT.

Mosley will end up being a really solid OG or OT I think for us..

I am wondering if the coaches are hoping he pans out at RT. If you looked at the photos from media day yesterday, he was dressed out in 78 and taking pictures with the OL.

I am wondering if the coaches are hoping he pans out at RT. If you looked at the photos from media day yesterday, he was dressed out in 78 and taking pictures with the OL.

Yeah I would bet the house on this staff putting him on Offense from everything I've heard. He doesn't exactly fit the mold of what our Defense scheme is looking for on the D-Line. I'd say he's a OG or RT for us all day. And he has a year to work on his fitness, footwork, and to get in the playbook.

Reactions: 1 person
It's all about the rehab process. If he takes it seriously and dedicates himself to getting his leg back to full strength, he'll be just fine. As soon as the cast comes off, he has to get to work.

Trying to figure out where they are going to put all these OG's. Robertson is there now, Zack Stewart will probably be one when he arrives. I would say with Jackson and Kerbyson back as seniors, that Big Charles is slotted for OT.

Talking about Tiny makes me wish he had stayed :( I think he would have been better off putting in another year at UT.

Talking about Tiny makes me wish he had stayed :( I think he would have been better off putting in another year at UT.

Chronic knee pain.

He had to make coin while he still had a chance. If he was 100% healthy, then you would be right, but the clock was ticking fast.

OG's and DT's can't wear number's in the upper 70's? He is 370 plus pre injury. See many OT's north of 360 baby avi?

Maybe the staff have used the famous bod pods on him and knows that with hard work he can trim down to 330. Looks like he can from the pics.

He really isn't. He's a guard.

I am not arguing OT versus OG… I'm arguing OL versus DL. I think flat top keeps saying he will play on the DL… I am saying OL, and just threw out the question about the possibilities at RT.

I know he's on crutches and will redshirt but it could end up being a good thing for this kid. Linemen like him are supposed to take a redshirt year. But this guy could be a great player for us before it's all said and done. It looks like he's lost a little of the bad weight thru the nutrition program is looking very Tiny Richardson-esque at 6'6 and a similar build. This is him at the scrimmage the other night.
Severely breaking your leg is never "good for a kid". If you mean RSing, most thought he would pre injury anyways. In no way is this a good situation. It is a setback

VN Store

Back