'14 TN OL/DL Charles Mosley (UT Signee 2/5/14)

Never a OT.maybe a G.. Have to be light on your feet

I don't understand this...
Tackles are usually bigger and don't have to pull. Wouldn't he fit better at tackle because of this? Or does our system just never call for pulling guards? If it doesn't it should lol

I don't understand this...
Tackles are usually bigger and don't have to pull. Wouldn't he fit better at tackle because of this? Or does our system just never call for pulling guards? If it doesn't it should lol
OT's have to be light on their feet because of the speed rushers they have to compete against.

Since he committed, I have hoped he would stay on defense. After seeing our first few games our DL has looked pretty good, and will only get better with the arrival of the 2015 class. I wouldn't mind seeing him on offense now. He could be a very good guard IMO. I'm just glad to have him on the team, because I really think he will be a force on either side of the ball.
Same here....if we can get Tuttle to join K-Mack. We NEED a road-grading OG more than we need another DT, IMHO. I wish he could have played this year. It might have been him that got moved to RG rather than Robertson. His size could have made up for a lot of freshman mistakes

If Mosley does end up on the OL, you've gotta think that the coaches at least give him a look at OT. Especially if we don't add another OT recruit.

Sure, he may not have the athleticism to stick there and will likely be moved inside, but he'll probably have 3-4 guys ahead of him on the depth chart at OG anyway. He doesn't stand to make much of an impact there next season anyway. Why not try him out at OT and see if he can surprise? He has the size to be a prototype RT if he can get his weight in the 320-330 range.

Maybe it's me but us running the 4-3 more like 4-2 but that's another story. I feel like if we were a 3-4 defensive he would be better used as a nose tackle but with us running a 4-3 and our offensive line struggling IMO he ends up on the offensive line, but that also depends on how well the offensive line recruits come in and play too.

He took his team photo with Oline but that was before Jashon moved so who knows. Sucks Carr didnt stick around and give OT a shot.

Charles should be an OT with his build and long arms. As long as he has decent footwork he could be a solid RT but would need to trim up just a tad bit or at least rearrange his weight.

Charles said this weekend that he thinks that he'll be OL.
It's a shame he's not healthy enough to play now. We could use him on the DL THIS year. I know we are doing better than expected there, but we are still smallish. We could have used Big Charles in key situations, to clog up the middle or crush the pocket up front, so Trevor Knight would have been a lot more uncomfortable in that backfield.

Nevertheless, if KMack and Tuttle both end up signing, Mosley would be a great OG, to plow open some holes for Hurd, Scott, and Paulk.

Not really. Zach Fulton was about the same size/build, and he is the starting RG for Kansas City.

Mosley is listed at 370. I think Fulton played at about 330. That being said I think Mosley will end up as a guard but he definitely needs to lose some bad weight, and I think he will when he gets back healthy.

Last edited:
Mosley is listed at 370. I think Fulton played at about 330. That being said I think Mosley will end up as a guard but he definitely needs to lose some bad weight, and I think he will when he gets back healthy.
If he were like 6'2" and 370lbs, I would be worried, but at 6'5"-6'6" that's not a ton of bad weight. Remember, Khalil McKenzie is up there in weight, too, and yet is amazingly slender for a DT. McCullers lost a lot of bad weight and he was still in the 350lb range.

I'm sure Dave Lawson will stay on him to bring that weight down between now and the start of fall camp, next year. He can do a lot of cardio work in the pool until his leg is healed up.

How would you like to be an undersized 275lb DT taking on an OG weighing 370lbs? By the 4th Qtr. you are feeling like you fell off a cliff. :)

Last edited:
No update from me, but when the OL came out for their warm-ups Saturday, Mosley was with them. Could be somewhat telling if he's on the OL.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back