'14 TN OL/DL Charles Mosley (UT Signee 2/5/14)

Who broke his leg? Wait, don't tell me! Knowing who people are talking bout on a VN thread just doesn't seem right.

Just imagine a DT rotation in the future that consists of Moseley, McKenzie, Tuttle, Settle, and Picou. Hey, I can dream.

I'm curious to see how Mixon and Sawyers will fit into this mix. Weren't the expectations as great, if not higher, for both of these on the DL as they were for Moseley?

Dream? I'd say the odds are with us that happens.

And that would be fantastic. I know Settle might not make it in, but if he can and chooses UT, that's got trouble written all over it for at least 3 years to opposing interior O-lines. I'd definitely put that haul up there with the days of Henderson/Haynesworth.

I'm curious to see how Mixon and Sawyers will fit into this mix. Weren't the expectations as great, if not higher, for both of these on the DL as they were for Moseley?

Yeah, I was just pointing out the newcomers and since Mosely will redshirt, I added him to the list.

And that would be fantastic. I know Settle might not make it in, but if he can and chooses UT, that's got trouble written all over it for at least 3 years to opposing interior O-lines. I'd definitely put that haul up there with the days of Henderson/Haynesworth.

Sorry I didn't read that the first time I read your post..I feel really good about getting one of Settle/Tuttle.. I don't think we get both. Tuttle is looking like he's close to a lock at this point.

Sorry I didn't read that the first time I read your post..I feel really good about getting one of Settle/Tuttle.. I don't think we get both. Tuttle is looking like he's close to a lock at this point.

I'm still real surprised the staff is pushing for Settle with Tuttle's impending commitment. Not that I'm complaining, but that would be a ton of beef in just one class.

I wonder if Big Chuck will even be on the DL. Some like him at guard, I don't think he has the footwork for OL, and at leaSt on the DL, he would clog up the middle ór take two guys on.

Hope all goes well with his rehab, we are going to need him next year

I wonder if Big Chuck will even be on the DL. Some like him at guard, I don't think he has the footwork for OL, and at leaSt on the DL, he would clog up the middle ór take two guys on.

Hope all goes well with his rehab, we are going to need him next year

If you don't have the footwork to play on the OL, you damn sure don't have the footwork to play on the DL.

If you don't have the footwork to play on the OL, you damn sure don't have the footwork to play on the DL.

Really, just seems like you could throw him in there to clog the lanes like a Terrence Cody.
I figured his footwork would be more important on the OL. Guess I really don't know the details to it.

With kahlil and a very good chance of shy Tuttle coming to Tennessee what are the chances that big charles ends up on the oline? Would love to have a guy with his side holding down the oline. Especially with the NEED. If he will be a much better DT Then leave him there and have a great group going into 2015 but it would be nice if he's would be good enough to secure a spot on the OL

Anyway anyone have thoughts??

With kahlil and a very good chance of shy Tuttle coming to Tennessee what are the chances that big charles ends up on the oline? Would love to have a guy with his side holding down the oline. Especially with the NEED. If he will be a much better DT Then leave him there and have a great group going into 2015 but it would be nice if he's would be good enough to secure a spot on the OL

Since he committed, I have hoped he would stay on defense. After seeing our first few games our DL has looked pretty good, and will only get better with the arrival of the 2015 class. I wouldn't mind seeing him on offense now. He could be a very good guard IMO. I'm just glad to have him on the team, because I really think he will be a force on either side of the ball.

I don't see it happening. If he were to move to the O-line, he would be an OG in all likelihood, but where we are really hurting is at OT. Our young talent and depth is looking pretty good at guard.

Aside from that, Mosely is VERY large. I don't know that he would fit our scheme even as a guard. We want smaller (relatively speaking) guards who can run up and down the field and keep up with the tempo we are trying to play at. I just don't see him fitting that mold.

I think Mosely will find his niche as a big, run-stopping DT. JMO.

Reactions: 1 person
I don't see it happening. If he were to move to the O-line, he would be an OG in all likelihood, but where we are really hurting is at OT. Our young talent and depth is looking pretty good at guard.

Aside from that, Mosely is VERY large. I don't know that he would fit our scheme even as a guard. We want smaller (relatively speaking) guards who can run up and down the field and keep up with the tempo we are trying to play at. I just don't see him fitting that mold.

I think Mosely will find his niche as a big, run-stopping DT. JMO.

I'd be surprised if he isn't on the OL personally

He's going to make an impact no matter where he plays. Would love to see him on the o line if he has the skill set. But if he ends up on the d line it has to be because that's where he will be best. Either way having Khalil, possibly Tuttle, and mosely is huge for us. Figuratively and literally lol

VN Store

Back