'14 TN OL/DL Charles Mosley (UT Signee 2/5/14)

No update from me, but when the OL came out for their warm-ups Saturday, Mosley was with them. Could be somewhat telling if he's on the OL.

He was in team pic with oline and helping host Pat Allen. I'd say he is an olineman. I guess a guard but wouldn't hurt to see what he can do at OT

He was in team pic with oline and helping host Pat Allen. I'd say he is an olineman. I guess a guard but wouldn't hurt to see what he can do at OT

I don't see any way he could be quick enough to play OT at his current weight, he is like 370 Ibs according to the roster.

Mosley to OL makes the OL recruiting a little less of a concern because we have a guy redshirting in Mosley that will add numbers to that area of need going forward.

Mosley to OL makes the OL recruiting a little less of a concern because we have a guy redshirting in Mosley that will add numbers to that area of need going forward.

The area of concern is outside at OT, and Mosley doesn't address that need. We are still barren at the OT position.

Reactions: 1 person
I think Moseley is a future OT and probably a starter at one of the positions. Hes got weight to cut which will make him a lot quicker. He already had a great first step, but he wont win any races thats for sure. I think hes athletic enough and has the arm length to be an effective RT for sure.

Except he can't maximize his redshirt yr because he has a bum leg.

Thought the same thing but looking at recent pictures he seems to be cutting weight the right way. Once hes able to start working out which should be soon since the boot is off I think he will make big strides. I dont think he will be a starter next year but I think he will provide depth and could push for a spot as a RS So.

The area of concern is outside at OT, and Mosley doesn't address that need. We are still barren at the OT position.
I don't agree. Roberson hasn't entrenched himself. No one on the OL has. I suspect Jackson at LG is the closest thing to a lock on his position, but even that is not a given, considering the poor OL play, overall.

I would love to see Roberson moved to C, so we have plenty of size in the interior of the line (assuming Mosley plays RG). Hopefully, we recruit some 4* OT's this class, to fill in the gaps at that position.

I don't agree. Roberson hasn't entrenched himself. No one on the OL has. I suspect Jackson at LG is the closest thing to a lock on his position, but even that is not a given, considering the poor OL play, overall.

I would love to see Roberson moved to C, so we have plenty of size in the interior of the line (assuming Mosley plays RG). Hopefully, we recruit some 4* OT's this class, to fill in the gaps at that position.

My point was that the interior seems to have been addressed over the past two classes (2014 & 15) more so than the OT spots. We signed Robertson, C. Thomas, Raulerson, and Mosley last year, and have J. Jones, Boulware, Stewart, and C. Hall committed for next year. There isn't a sure-fire LT in that group of players.

My point was that the interior seems to have been addressed over the past two classes (2014 & 15) more so than the OT spots. We signed Robertson, C. Thomas, Raulerson, and Mosley last year, and have J. Jones, Boulware, Stewart, and C. Hall committed for next year. There isn't a sure-fire LT in that group of players.
Understood, however, Roberson and Mosley were not recruited for the OL, but at DT.

The staff realized how woeful our OL situation was and moved Roberson over to OL at the last minute, in fall camp. Crowder wouldn't start for MTSU or Memphis. I cannot get out of my head one of the Utah State DT's knocking Crowder, then sacking Worley.

Seeing that we had no run game prior to that....I knew our OL problem would be more severe than any of us anticipated.

Understood, however, Roberson and Mosley were not recruited for the OL, but at DT.

The staff realized how woeful our OL situation was and moved Roberson over to OL at the last minute, in fall camp. Crowder wouldn't start for MTSU or Memphis. I cannot get out of my head one of the Utah State DT's knocking Crowder, then sacking Worley.

Seeing that we had no run game prior to that....I knew our OL problem would be more severe than any of us anticipated.

Did you play football?

Mosley would be a great OT if he lost 60 pounds. His quickness would go up a lot. I'd like to see it.

You can keep your mouth shut and people may think you're a fool but then you open your mouth and remove all doubt.

He was in a car accident and pretty badly injured. Should be ok in the long run but suffered a broken leg that required surgery.

Right but you can guarentee that the strength and conditioning coaches put him on a workout/rehab plan the second he was able to walk

VN Store

Back