'14 TN OL/DL Charles Mosley (UT Signee 2/5/14)

Right but you can guarentee that the strength and conditioning coaches put him on a workout/rehab plan the second he was able to walk

Hell he was probably working out while he couldn't walk. He obviously wasn't doing lower body stuff, but offensive lineman are one of the positions that benefits the most from a strong upper body so they can get that initial punch into the dlineman.

You can keep your mouth shut and people may think you're a fool but then you open your mouth and remove all doubt.
Take that BS and get somewhere, silly little punk.

tumblr_ncnhv5F2Yn1smmsbuo4_500.gif

Did you play football?
Whether I did or not is totally irrelevant. If you have a contrary opinion, back it up with something other than some snarky remark.

This OL is atrocious....and backed up by STATISTICAL EVIDENCE, smarta$$. We gave up more sacks in the first few games than all of last season.

Whether I did or not is totally irrelevant. If you have a contrary opinion, back it up with something other than some snarky remark.

This OL is atrocious....and backed up by STATISTICAL EVIDENCE, smarta$$. We gave up more sacks in the first few games than all of last season.

Of course it's relevant and for reasons obvious to most.
You've taken the long way to say... "no"

Now... Go back to your bedroom and stay off your grandmother's computer.

Reactions: 1 person

This is a serious question, did Butch play in high school or college?

Edit: I see he played at Ferris State. I wasn't sure since that picture of him floating around of him in the band.

Last edited:
I'll be honest, if his size is correct, there is no way he can play in the Oline. Way to big to move and fire off the ball. Way to big to pull. Way to big to put a body on a defender in a screen pass.

JMO

I'll be honest, if his size is correct, there is no way he can play in the Oline. Way to big to move and fire off the ball. Way to big to pull. Way to big to put a body on a defender in a screen pass.

JMO
Mosely in time will lose the weight. He'll be a great pull guard here. There's two things great OL have, hands and feet. Mosely has some of the best footwork you will see for a guy his size.

Mosely in time will lose the weight. He'll be a great pull guard here. There's two things great OL have, hands and feet. Mosely has some of the best footwork you will see for a guy his size.

It's been awhile so I really don't remember how well he moved.
I'll take you word for it though. I've heard he is around 350lbs. That's a lot of weight to lose.

It's been awhile so I really don't remember how well he moved.
I'll take you word for it though. I've heard he is around 350lbs. That's a lot of weight to lose.

Many have said he is a Gabe Jackson 2.0. At this time I think that's a pretty accurate assessment of what Mosely could be.

Reactions: 2 people
Many have said he is a Gabe Jackson 2.0. At this time I think that's a pretty accurate assessment of what Mosely could be.

I would be thrilled with a Gabe Jackson 2.0. I think Big Charles will be an excellent OG. Great footwork and talk about a road grader pulling around the edge.

What has Charles been doing? I know it's a broad question but is he studying film, learning technique with his hands, and which group of players does he go to meeting with (OL or DL)?

What has Charles been doing? I know it's a broad question but is he studying film, learning technique with his hands, and which group of players does he go to meeting with (OL or DL)?

OL and I would hope he is doing those things. I assume he is mainly doing film study, playbook, upper body strength and lower body rehab

Shouldn't he be getting close to being back in pads? The surgery was 7-7-14, so almost exactly 4 months ago.

Callahan said he had been doing mainly upper body so far I believe. I also read a poster said they had talked to him and Charles said he would be starting off at OT. Tifwiw

Reactions: 2 people
we've mentioned before that there are some in the program who believe he can be a tackle. They'll probably give him at least a look there to see if he can play tackle, because Tennessee obviously could use some help there. He's pretty athletic for a guy his size, so I would say it's at least possible.
That said, most people thought throughout his recruitment that he would end up at guard, so if I was putting odds on which position he's more likely to play in the long run, I probably would say guard is his most likely destination. But tackle definitely isn't out of the question.
Callahan's post on it.

VN Store

Back