'14 TN OL/DL Charles Mosley (UT Signee 2/5/14)

Butch just said in his Monday press conference that Charles is down to 350 which is the lightest he has been in several years. His rehab has been going great, and the goal is for him to be ready for spring practice. He has the flexibility to play o-line or d-line, but right now the plan is for him to start out on the o-line this spring.

Edit: Butch really lit up when asked about Mosely. He also said he has a bet with Charles. Butch is trying to lose 10 lbs, and Charles is trying to get to 345. Right now Charles is beating him.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10 people
Butch just said in his Monday press conference that Charles is down to 350 which is the lightest he has been in several years. His rehab has been going great, and the goal is for him to be ready for spring practice. He has the flexibility to play o-line or d-line, but right now the plan is for him to start out on the o-line this spring.

Edit: Butch really lit up when asked about Mosely. He also said he has a bet with Charles. Butch is trying to lose 10 lbs, and Charles is trying to get to 345. Right now Charles is beating him.

I can't wait for Big Charles to get back to practice. He is one of the best characters on the team and I can see him taking a big time leadership role on the OL next year. They need someone to take ownership and push them.

Also, I can just hear the convos between Big Charles and CBJ about the weight loss challenge. I'll bet it's a hoot and a holler! :post-4-1090547912:

Reactions: 8 people
I still can't imagine what the car frame must have looked like after Mosley broke it with his tibia.

I know the circumstances were bad, but I'm glad this guy was able to redshirt. He will be very fresh and physically ready. Him, along with Blair, could fix a lot of the issues on the OL.

Reactions: 4 people
I know the circumstances were bad, but I'm glad this guy was able to redshirt. He will be very fresh and physically ready. Him, along with Blair, could fix a lot of the issues on the OL.

Those two will be a big help. Next year we shouldn't have anyone playing out of position unless there are injuries. That will be big.

A redshirt was the best case scenario for Charles. I just wish that he could have had the practice, conditioning, and strength training that usually accompanies it.

Just Imagine the Size of this O-Line next year: LT - Blair, LG - Mosely, C - Crowder, Wiseman, or Thomas (preferrably, since that is his natural position), RG - Robertson, - RT - Kendrick, Jack Jones or possibly Drew Richmond.......................I just hope all of them can move their feet

Just Imagine the Size of this O-Line next year: LT - Blair, LG - Mosely, C - Crowder, Wiseman, or Thomas (preferrably, since that is his natural position), RG - Robertson, - RT - Kendrick, Jack Jones or possibly Drew Richmond.......................I just hope all of them can move their feet

Isn't Marcus Jackson gonna be a Senior? Doubt he loses his spot to a redshirt freshman.

Reactions: 1 person

@BigCharless: Coach Jones isn't winning this bet either 😑

Big Charles on his bet with Butch....

Isn't Marcus Jackson gonna be a Senior? Doubt he loses his spot to a redshirt freshman.

I think Big Charles gets one of the guard spots (he's a prototypical size for that spot) and I think Jackson & Robertson battle for the other position, however the only problem w/ Big Charles is can he maintain at that weight in a fast paced offense

Kerbyson will be starting somewhere.

Reactions: 1 person
I think Big Charles gets one of the guard spots (he's a prototypical size for that spot) and I think Jackson & Robertson battle for the other position, however the only problem w/ Big Charles is can he maintain at that weight in a fast paced offense

That's a lot of hype for someone who hasn't played a down.

Reactions: 5 people
I haven't figured out why the staff put Kendrick at LT this year. It allows Kerbyson to play his natural guard position.

It will take Mosley some time to get his technique and footwork down before he can contribute. I think he would be in the 2 deep at best, but not a starter. Because of the snaps he has gotten this season, Thomas will be ahead of Mosley.

It will take Mosley some time to get his technique and footwork down before he can contribute. I think he would be in the 2 deep at best, but not a starter. Because of the snaps he has gotten this season, Thomas will be ahead of Mosley.
If we are talking about OT, but I think Mosley will supplant Robertson. I'd rather move Robertson to C or backup Jackson at LG. Mosley gives us the road grader we desperately need. I hope Crowder doesn't get to see another start, at UT. He's way undersized for the SEC and gets blown up a few times every game.

We need some big hosses that can move the pile and open holes. Bama has a big DL and we need an OL that can hold up against them. Mosley is one good answer. Just wish we had another 2 or 3 like him. :)

VN Store

Back