'14 TN OL/DL Charles Mosley (UT Signee 2/5/14)

Yea I agree that if he ends up on D its obviously at DT/NT. I was hoping that the tweet was buying us some time in the event we're recruiting him for the defensive side of the ball.

I'm sure this has been covered, but with the bama offer going out to DT Elam and him repeating he is #1 on their board at that position, if Mosley did commit, I'm assuming it's at OL? So that tweet last week meant nothing?

I thought the tweet was intended to show his versatility.

I also thought we were looking at him to possibly play at nickleback against spread offenses. I've read he's as graceful and light-footed as a gazelle covering receivers across the middle...

Reactions: 1 person
Was getting on to post same thing. Bama friend has told me the rumor as well. There is A poster on bama boards who is friends with Moseley's high school DC saying it. But supposedly saban is telling moseley not to announce yet. May hold off til next week.

this is true

Guess his head coach didn't know what he was talking about telling folks he didn't see Mosley going to bama.

Guess his head coach didn't know what he was talking about telling folks he didn't see Mosley going to bama.

Eh, we'll see. It's still a rumor. Until something concrete comes out, that's as far as someone should take it. I would like to add Mosley, but if we land guys like Poona and Barnett and get a JUCO guy like Lamin or Lambert we will be fine.

Brighton, TN lineman Charles Mosley has worked on both sides of the ball. The primary emphasis has been on the DL. Following one drill, Mosely was pulled aside by Nick Saban, who told the 6-4, 352-pounder, "You can definitely play noseguard for me."

One HS coach at the camp said that Mosley has been "extremely impressive." The coach thinks Mosley could be an outstanding player on either side of the ball. Word is that Mosley is a potential destroyer at OG.

Mosley is leaning to Alabama over Tennessee and Ole Miss. Internet rumors today were that he committed to Alabama. He doesn't plan to announce a decision until the fall..

If you notice on his 247 page (Charles Mosley), you can clearly see that he is wearing a Crimson Tide football shirt. If you look closer, you can see it is a 2006 football shirt. Looking like he is an AL fan and has been for quite some time. In my opinion, no true Tennessee fan would ever be caught wearing a tide shirt...let alone one from 2006. Even if Saban gave me the shirt off his back, I wouldn't wear it. Take it and sell it on ebay to some bamer fan, absolutely, but I'd never wear it.

If you notice on his 247 page (Charles Mosley), you can clearly see that he is wearing a Crimson Tide football shirt. If you look closer, you can see it is a 2006 football shirt. Looking like he is an AL fan and has been for quite some time. In my opinion, no true Tennessee fan would ever be caught wearing a tide shirt...let alone one from 2006. Even if Saban gave me the shirt off his back, I wouldn't wear it. Take it and sell it on ebay to some bamer fan, absolutely, but I'd never wear it.

I highly doubt he still wears the same size shirt he wore in 2006.

Reactions: 2 people
From my bama friend:

What???? FWD: @AndrewJBone: Johnny Dwight, three-star DT from Wilcox County HS in Rochelle, Ga., commits to #Alabama.

From my bama friend:

What???? FWD: @AndrewJBone: Johnny Dwight, three-star DT from Wilcox County HS in Rochelle, Ga., commits to #Alabama.

They'll cut him loose on signing day and leave him hangin

Bama currently has 2 3* DTs committed

Although that doesnt matter because Bama is taking Mosley as an OL

Last edited:
Rumored to have committed this morning to Alabama, will go public in a few days.

computer-close-hulk.gif

Rumored to have committed this morning to Alabama, will go public in a few days.

Hey phaz. good to see you man. this is a big pickup for alabama. since you guys are looking at CM at dt or oline how many more dlinemen do you see you guys getting?

Well, check back tomorrow and they will both magically become 4 stars

Kind of like the Sterling kid at the osu camp this past weekend. Henderson made him look like a 1* and yet the osu homers were talking him up like he was the next Tiny Richardson. Always depends on who you ask.

I highly doubt he still wears the same size shirt he wore in 2006.

The point is that he is wearing a Bama shirt period. Once I saw him wearing that, it shows me that he has no love for UT. We want players who are committed to our team. As somebody that grew up in TN, I can't believe a kid that whom is also from TN would wear a Bama shirt and still be a TN fan. I could take him or leave him based on those photos alone. But then again, I think his mind is already made up on his school of choice.

The point is that he is wearing a Bama shirt period. Once I saw him wearing that, it shows me that he has no love for UT. We want players who are committed to our team. As somebody that grew up in TN, I can't believe a kid that whom is also from TN would wear a Bama shirt and still be a TN fan. I could take him or leave him based on those photos alone. But then again, I think his mind is already made up on his school of choice.

I think you are taking it a little too seriously, or maybe I don't take it seriously enough. I consider myself a diehard VOLS fan. Been a fan since Johnny Majors was the coach. I hate Bama as much as the next person, but because he has on a shirt in a photo does not mean that he is a Bama fan.

My dad, who works for Nike, gave me a bunch of hats, and Bama was one of the hats. I have worn it when it a time or two, but if someone asks me if I am a fan, I tell them it is just a hat that matched what I was wearing that day.

VN Store

Back