'14 TN OL/DL Charles Mosley (UT Signee 2/5/14)

Then why don't you follow their football program? Just seems pretty convenient to pick and choose teams to cheer for who happen to be at the top of their sport. I'd imagine its a pretty hollow feeling as well.

Most people who grow up and pull for a team is always based on family influence because that is who introduces you to the team. I have always pulled for the Orioles and Reds because family connections spending summers in both cities going to their games at the ball park. Neither have been a major threat to win the WS in MLB for some time. They have had some good years but neither have the payroll other teams do. I am also still a Colts fan and saw many a game in the snow before they left town in the middle of the night. Now my granddad before he passed away said no family member should pull for or ever mention that name again but I still like the Colts. Family connection the same with UA.

So all this I was born in orange that people say is because of their family guiding them that way.

So if it is hollow to follow family and support your family I guess I am hollow.

Most people who grow up and pull for a team is always based on family influence because that is who introduces you to the team. I have always pulled for the Orioles and Reds because family connections spending summers in both cities going to their games at the ball park. Neither have been a major threat to win the WS in MLB for some time. They have had some good years but neither have the payroll other teams do. I am also still a Colts fan and saw many a game in the snow before they left town in the middle of the night. Now my granddad before he passed away said no family member should pull for or ever mention that name again but I still like the Colts. Family connection the same with UA.
So all this I was born in orange that people say is because of their family guiding them that way.

So if it is hollow to follow family and support your family I guess I am hollow.

So what's your tie to Tennessee? There must be one......

Disagree to an extent. It's not that black and white. I think family influence is a factor that you didn't think about. For example, I was born and raised in Florida. My mother played in the marching band at UT when she attended so naturally the house was decked out in Vols stuff. I did not go to Tennessee due to out of state tuition costs. Was about to accept to live in Gibbs when I made a mature decision and stayed in state. I follow the Vols, cheer for them, call them mine and support them in many ways.

Am I a bandwagoner because I didn't live in Tennessee? No. I have a family connection. And if I remember right, TW does too... with an uncle or something. The point is that it is pretty pompous to think its black and white because there are many acceptable common scenarios that go against your logic. I just provided one scenario.

You didn't prove anything. I agree, there are many ways to connect to a program. So no that doesnt make you a bandwagon fan. it makes sense. Family is one way or where you went to schoo is another way. I didn't take the time to explain every understandable scenario. I addressed the one at hand and it is black and white. He has more reasons to be a UT fan than bamer. He chose to hate his home, brag about it, and act like he has accomplished something.

Reactions: 2 people
This I agree with. Many people in WNC are UT fans because they are the closet top CFB program over the years and way before cable who they grew up watching on TV.

According to the other poster I guess all the Braves fans are bandwagon fans as well or maybe he is to young to remember that the only baseball team in the south at one time was the Braves and hence why so many people outside of the state of GA are Braves fans.

And that's why it makes sense! There were no other baseball teams around so you cheered for the closest thing to you. Which was the braves for most. They represented the south in a way. Every state doesnt have a pro team. So there's a connection, totally different. That's why they choose the braves instead of the Mariners because its closest to home. You have no connection to UA, that's why you're a bandwagon fan. You can't get around it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Good post. I wasn't born in TN either, my family relocated there when I was in middle school though. And I didn't really become a huge UT fan until I went to school there. But I've been bleeding orange ever since.

You are correct, utvols88, being a fan isn't always black and white. Just like recruiting :)

And you can see how that's very different. It's your home team now and you went to school there. Lots of connections that make sense. You don't necessarily have to be born there.

How many people on this board were born in TN or went to school at UT? By many on here they are not true fans either.

By FAR most are from UT and/or went to school at UT. Yes, everybody has bandwagon fans. We are talking about you. Do you really not consider yourself a bandwagon fan? Lol! Just be proud of it!

Wrong! By far most pull for where they are born because its home, and it's not even close. It's a natural thing! Most don't have multiple influences from family from so many different teams. Most people are born and stay in the same state. It's called home field advantage, you know, "root root root for the home team". You wouldn't understand, you're a bandwagon fan!

As long as you pull for the team, watch the games, and wear the gear when they suck just as much as when they are good - I don't really care where you are from

You didn't prove anything. I agree, there are many ways to connect to a program. So no that doesnt make you a bandwagon fan. it makes sense. Family is one way or where you went to schoo is another way. I didn't take the time to explain every understandable scenario. I addressed the one at hand and it is black and white. He has more reasons to be a UT fan than bamer. He chose to hate his home, brag about it, and act like he has accomplished something.

Ignorance is bliss because you seem confuse and a little self righteous here.

Find one place I said I hated where I am from or bragged about it or that fact UT. I have no issue with my heritage and your attitude that if you are from TN you have to pull for UT is a joke. My family resided in TN long before the university existed and for the matter lived there prior to be a state. I am very proud of my heritage and my family and the blood they gave for that state was red not orange.

And if having a connection to AL is needed my GGGGGF served under Jackson fighting Indians in what was then the MS territory k own today as the state of AL

Haha man I used to love watching his show growing up.

I always watched Hank Parker's show too, I love that guy. "House needs paintin', grass needs mowin'...but where is he at?....gooooonnneeee fishin'!"

Classic Bill Dance bloopers...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqLbQp4xZVs[/youtube]

Bill Dance blooper reels are some of the funniest videos on youtube. When he goes to put the battery in the boat, I lose it everytime. One that isn't on that video but is a classic is when he's making a sandwich on his boat. He dumps a whole jar of mustard in his lap. I don't know why that one gets me so bad, but I'll laugh to the point of tears every time I see it.

Douchewarrior calling people self righteous ... I've seen it all now

Ignorance is bliss because you seem confuse and a little self righteous here.

Find one place I said I hated where I am from or bragged about it or that fact UT. I have no issue with my heritage and your attitude that if you are from TN you have to pull for UT is a joke. My family resided in TN long before the university existed and for the matter lived there prior to be a state. I am very proud of my heritage and my family and the blood they gave for that state was red not orange.

And if having a connection to AL is needed my GGGGGF served under Jackson fighting Indians in what was then the MS territory k own today as the state of AL

You're the self righteous one! If you cant see that then youre the ignorant one! I didn't say you have to pull for your home team. Some dont, and they are called bandwagon fans like you. I said most do because its normal and you know it.

As far as your so called connection to UA, what a joke! Your GGGGGF? So forget all the connections to TN, you just desperately hold on to that. You pull for them because they are good, you have no connection! You wish you could defend it but cannot. You wish you weren't in the minority, but it's reality!

Last edited:
Bill Dance blooper reels are some of the funniest videos on youtube. When he goes to put the battery in the boat, I lose it everytime. One that isn't on that video but is a classic is when he's making a sandwich on his boat. He dumps a whole jar of mustard in his lap. I don't know why that one gets me so bad, but I'll laugh to the point of tears every time I see it.

Lol absolutely.

The snake blooper is the best damn thing I've ever seen.

By the way TW, when you go down to bamer, do all those people in bama think that people from bama should root for bama? Or, do they think everyone should check and see what their GGGGGGGF did first and ignore what's right in front of them? Guess they are ignorant. As I said, do what you want, you can be a bandwagon fan if you want. Just don't act like people in TN pulling for UT or people in AL pulling for UA are the "ignorant" ones. Because its you!

You're the self righteous one! If you cant see that then youre the ignorant one! I didn't say you have to pull for your home team. Some dont, and they are called bandwagon fans like you. I said most do because its normal and you know it.

As far as your so called connection to UA, what a joke! Your GGGGGF? So forget all the connections to TN, you just desperately hold on to that. You pull for them because they are good, you have no connection! You wish you could defend it but cannot. You wish you weren't in the minority, but it's reality!

Actually that is not why I pull for them you implied you needed a connection the I have one. Do not get defensive over your remarks I just replied.you made the statement I hated my home and bragged about that is ignorance for your assumption. So please defend that but I can quote your statement

Am I a bandwagoner because I didn't live in Tennessee? No. I have a family connection. And if I remember right, TW does too... with an uncle or something. The point is that it is pretty pompous to think its black and white because there are many acceptable common scenarios that go against your logic. I just provided one scenario.

This is a funny discussion. If you're a fan, you're a fan in my book. Don't care how you got there. I don't think there generally should be a hierarchy of fandom.

I get called out sometimes because I only have a masters degree from Tennessee. I do have family connections, having been born in Johnson City and with most of my family on both sides either from Chattnooga (father) or Cheatham County (mother). Most of them are Tennessee fans (with some Vandy fans sprinkled in).

I sometimes have to convince people I'm a real fan by pointing out that my grandfather received his degree from Tennessee and my uncle went to high school with Pat Summitt. But I've learned that's not enough for folks...

By the way TW, when you go down to bamer, do all those people in bama think that people from bama should root for bama? Or, do they think everyone should check and see what their GGGGGGGF did first and ignore what's right in front of them? Guess they are ignorant. As I said, do what you want, you can be a bandwagon fan if you want. Just don't act like people in TN pulling for UT or people in AL pulling for UA are the "ignorant" ones. Because its you!
Ignorance is believing because you are from a state you have to pull the state school.

This is a funny discussion. If you're a fan, you're a fan in my book. Don't care how you got there. I don't think there generally should be a hierarchy of fandom.

I get called out sometimes because I only have a masters degree from Tennessee. I do have family connections, having been born in Johnson City and with most of my family on both sides either from Chattnooga (father) or Cheatham County (mother). Most of them are Tennessee fans (with some Vandy fans sprinkled in).

I sometimes have to convince people I'm a real fan by pointing out that my grandfather received his degree from Tennessee and my uncle went to high school with Pat Summitt. But I've learned that's not enough for folks...[/

I sometimes have to convince people I'm a real fan by pointing out that my grandfather received his degree from Tennessee and my uncle went to high school with Pat Summitt. But I've learned that's not enough for folks...

The best post yet and I agree. Fans that feel a sense of supremacy because of their connection. Like you said a fan is a fan

Actually that is not why I pull for them you implied you needed a connection the I have one. Do not get defensive over your remarks I just replied.you made the statement I hated my home and bragged about that is ignorance for your assumption. So please defend that but I can quote your statement

I know what I said dipsh!t. You have no connection, that was a pitiful try. So then why do you say you pull for them? Look, if you want to pull for Germany in the Olympics and not the USA because your GGGGGGGGGGF fought there, do it! I just don't get the denial

That's plenty of reason, and you won't find anybody on here who disagrees. Totally different than TW.

Ignorance is believing because you are from a state you have to pull the state school.

You don't have to! It's just normal! That's why most do it! You can be a bandwagon fan if you want. How would the college landscape look if everyone was like you. Ignorance is believing its ignorant to pull for the home team.

The real reason TW pulls for Bama is because he found out he is his own first cousin and he knew he had to pull for KY or Bama so he chose Bama. Simple. :)

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back