'14 TN OL/DL Charles Mosley (UT Signee 2/5/14)

Just saying a game over .500 is not exactly a glory year. And while Bama beat UT that year, I would have much rather had our season where we played in the SEC title game and was ranked 12th in the BCS. I would think a Bama fan would start referencing 2008 on when they were actually relevant.

I was really only referencing 07 because that is when Saban arrived.

I thought it actually all began with the UT booster from Memphis. Anyhow it does not matter UA got caught and it is what it is.

That may have been what the crux of the investigation was about once it started, but Spurrier tipped the NCAA off after losing to Bama twice in 1999.

Yes the glory years started again in 2007 with Saban after a handful of bad coaches and bad decisions with breaking the rules.

Actually it was 2008. In 2007 UA was 6-6 with a late loss to Louisiana Monroe. Hardly back to glory years.

Edit: I see I'm a little late

I thought it actually all began with the UT booster from Memphis. Anyhow it does not matter UA got caught and it is what it is.

I thought it was a Bama booster in Memphis that was paying a Memphis high school player a few thousand to sign with Bama?

You didn't prove anything. I agree, there are many ways to connect to a program. So no that doesnt make you a bandwagon fan. it makes sense. Family is one way or where you went to schoo is another way. I didn't take the time to explain every understandable scenario. I addressed the one at hand and it is black and white. He has more reasons to be a UT fan than bamer. He chose to hate his home, brag about it, and act like he has accomplished something.

Didn't say I "proved" anything. Perhaps you confused that with my statement of providing just one scenario in the many that are possible without living in Tennessee or going there.

Ask TW, I have my fair share of making fun of him by starting the image of him in a basement drinking Mountain Dew with positive vol post alerts. But I think you are exaggerating a bit right now. He's been a fan since he was 8. Not since 2008. He Went though the Shula years so he's fine in my book. If he got into unc grad then I feel safe to say he'd be accepted to Bama if it was right for him. Not everyone likes Tennessee just like nobody sane likes Alabama or Florida. Point is, if he "chose to hate Tennessee", so what? It's his prerogative.

I seriously can't believe I'm defending TW right now. Smh.

Good post. I wasn't born in TN either, my family relocated there when I was in middle school though. And I didn't really become a huge UT fan until I went to school there. But I've been bleeding orange ever since.

You are correct, utvols88, being a fan isn't always black and white. Just like recruiting :)
Great tie in to the forum topic :hi:

Reactions: 1 person
You get so defensive when wrong and keep avoiding my post. I could care less what fan title you put on me because I know who I pull for and never did I say it was ignorant to pull for the home team if so please quote but you can't because are avoiding my post regarding you assumption I hate my home and brag about it. Your words not mine

Again I have nothing to defend about who I pull for or what my connection is to UA but heritage I will

Roll Tide Roll

Couldn't care less.*

Kthanks

Hmmm...and all this time I thought it was the $$$ and cheating that got Bama caught

Never said any different. Logan(UA) booster gave money to Albert means both of whom are from Memphis but it was a UT booster that had the goods to start with

Either way UA cheated got caught but the same guy that all the info on the Jordan Robison kid that signed AU but found out he had falsified transcripts

I was referring to the UT booster who is well connected in Memphis runs the UT group there that got UA caught

Oh, I understand now. It was the fault of a UT booster in Memphis that Bama cheated and got caught. Bama really did nothing wrong, it was the UT boosters fault that Bama was cheating. I know that Bama only cheats when they think they won't get caught which makes it O.K. :unsure:

Last edited:
Didn't say I "proved" anything. Perhaps you confused that with my statement of providing just one scenario in the many that are possible without living in Tennessee or going there.

Ask TW, I have my fair share of making fun of him by starting the image of him in a basement drinking Mountain Dew with positive vol post alerts. But I think you are exaggerating a bit right now. He's been a fan since he was 8. Not since 2008. He Went though the Shula years so he's fine in my book. If he got into unc grad then I feel safe to say he'd be accepted to Bama if it was right for him. Not everyone likes Tennessee just like nobody sane likes Alabama or Florida. Point is, if he "chose to hate Tennessee", so what? It's his prerogative.

Finally!

Oh, I understand now. It was the fault of a UT booster in Memphis that Bama cheated and got caught. Bama really did nothing wrong, it was the UT boosters fault that Bama was cheating. I know that Bama only cheats when they think they won't get caught which makes it O.K. :unsure:

Lay off the crack pipe.:crazy:

I think family plays a MAJOR role.

Family may play a roll for most but my dad is a uk fan, and in the 70,s my uncles were reds fans in baseball, Celtics and cowboys so I became a dolphin fan a Sixers and a pirates and Astros fan. But I was born to be a VOL fan because from k-8 then high school our color was orange and white. Plus some of my family has lived in Tennessee since 1798.This is the volunteer state And the University of Tennessee Volunteers is the home team and the only team but all my life I have saw many bandwagon fans more in the pros than collage because who ever wins the tital in baseball, basketball, and football instantly have several million new fans that a year before could not tell you one player or coach from the team. I live 10 minuets from the ky and Virginia state line and there are fans of ky, unc, Virginia, duke AND UT and a few other schools in basketball but 90 precent are Tennessee football fans

Guys just wondering if Mom not letting Mosley commit a good thing for us? He's coming to campus on the 12th?

This would be such a great instate pick up! Hope the upcoming visit swings him. Do we have a legit shot or is Saban gonna steal a Tennesseean?

TW? *language

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIE0xpwMWeo[/youtube]

VN Store

Back