'14 TN OL/DL Charles Mosley (UT Signee 2/5/14)

"He was just telling me he loves me. He told me he loves how I came and camped and worked out because I could have just said I don't want to do anything," Mosley said. "But, I went in and put in the work and he said he liked that even though I already had the offer. He said he knows I'm a competitor and that I just want to get better."

"I got to go against Jack Jones and that was cool," Mosley explained. "He was a young guy and I didn't know he was that big. He's going to be a good lineman. That was a huge commitment for Tennessee. That kid is going to be huge."

"I'm trying to go visit everybody. I'm trying to see everybody's that given me a scholarship," he said. "I want to go to their school because they've shown interest in me. I like the SEC and that's where I want to play, but I have talked to Miami lately. They want to get me down there so I might get down there."

"I think Tennessee, they're right there behind Alabama," Mosley said. "It's close, real close."

- VQ

Reactions: 3 people
"He was just telling me he loves me. He told me he loves how I came and camped and worked out because I could have just said I don't want to do anything," Mosley said. "But, I went in and put in the work and he said he liked that even though I already had the offer. He said he knows I'm a competitor and that I just want to get better."

"I got to go against Jack Jones and that was cool," Mosley explained. "He was a young guy and I didn't know he was that big. He's going to be a good lineman. That was a huge commitment for Tennessee. That kid is going to be huge."

"I'm trying to go visit everybody. I'm trying to see everybody's that given me a scholarship," he said. "I want to go to their school because they've shown interest in me. I like the SEC and that's where I want to play, but I have talked to Miami lately. They want to get me down there so I might get down there."

"I think Tennessee, they're right there behind Alabama," Mosley said. "It's close, real close."

- VQ

Like the Cornholio situation, I think bama has to tell him no for us to have a real chance at getting him. JMO

Good news here is that we are and have been steadily gaining momentum with him. The battle for his signature is a long one but I think there is a real chance we could win him over. Obviously the longer this goes on the better for us.

Like the Cornholio situation, I think bama has to tell him no for us to have a real chance at getting him. JMO

what hurt UT here was Shaw.s commit to ole miss not bama. but I just saw bama has 2 dt commits already which has to help the Vols unless he wants to greyshirt or plat ot at bama

Last edited:
I think if we land Mosley, it will be because Bama gives up on him. As in they get some other higher ranked guys, or guys they think are special, and they stop recruiting him. Very unlikely so I think Bama gets him. I hope not because this is our state, our talent.

Reactions: 1 person
I think if we land Mosley, it will be because Bama gives up on him. As in they get some other higher ranked guys, or guys they think are special, and they stop recruiting him. Very unlikely so I think Bama gets him. I hope not because this is our state, our talent.

Jason Carr sends his regards.

Reactions: 1 person
Go way back in this thread and see what he said. He's been strong for Bama since the beginning and nothing has really changed. I agree - until they tell or otherwise show him they don't need him he will not be a Vol. FWIW.

Says we are almost even with Bama. Loves everything UT. Basically if he gets legit Bama offer he still gone.

Posted this in the Bryant thread as well.

Here is what Rodney Orr (Tider Insider) posted last Friday, as kids we will finish with:

Here is the list of prospects TI has projected to Alabama:
1. QB David Cornwell, Norman-North, OK (Committed to Alabama on 6/14/13)
2. OT Cameron Robinson, West Monroe, LA (Alabama and LSU two finalists)
3. LB/DE Lorenzo Carter, Norcross, GA (Alabama, Georgia, FSU and Florida)
4. CB Marlon Humphrey, Hoover, AL (Alabama strong favorite)
5. NT/OL Charles Mosley, Brighton, TN (Alabama leads Tennessee and Ole Miss)
6. WR Ermon Lane, Homestead, FL (Alabama leads Miami)
7. DB Ronnie Clark, Calera, AL (Alabama leads Auburn)
8. WR Derek Kief, Cincinnati-LaSalle, OH (Alabama, Kentucky, Northwestern, Notre Dame, Ohio State)

It seems like no matter how many time he visits we are still " Right behind" Alabama. At this point all we can hope for is Alabama to pass JMO

Last edited:

VN Store

Back