'14 TN OL/DL Charles Mosley (UT Signee 2/5/14)

“I get the same feeling at both (Alabama and Tennessee), so it’s, like, a tie, basically. I get the same home feeling at ‘Bama and Tennessee,” he said.

the coaches love him. he loves the coaches. enjoys hanging out with current freshman and commits.

not making a decision soon. plans to take additional visits but will definitely be back to UT.

Reactions: 2 people
This is a recruit I am really hoping we pull, I have been astonished at Butch's early success but the OL/DL lines still need major help.

I am wanting a quicker DL. Quick off the ball causing havoc with stunts and the LBs busting heads and taking out the trash.
Right but name one successful DL with nobody over 290 lbs? It's just not the way to do things. Remember our Malik Jackson line ('09?)

So you think he's a take for them at this point if he were ready to commit?

I posted this earlier. I think he is now a priority and has a spot left if he wants to go there.

Here is what Rodney Orr (Tider Insider) posted last Friday, as kids we will finish with:

Here is the list of prospects TI has projected to Alabama:
1. QB David Cornwell, Norman-North, OK (Committed to Alabama on 6/14/13)
2. OT Cameron Robinson, West Monroe, LA (Alabama and LSU two finalists)
3. LB/DE Lorenzo Carter, Norcross, GA (Alabama, Georgia, FSU and Florida)
4. CB Marlon Humphrey, Hoover, AL (Alabama strong favorite)
5. NT/OL Charles Mosley, Brighton, TN (Alabama leads Tennessee and Ole Miss)
6. WR Ermon Lane, Homestead, FL (Alabama leads Miami)
7. DB Ronnie Clark, Calera, AL (Alabama leads Auburn)
8. WR Derek Kief, Cincinnati-LaSalle, OH (Alabama, Kentucky, Northwestern, Notre Dame, Ohio State)

Right but name one successful DL with nobody over 290 lbs? It's just not the way to do things. Remember our Malik Jackson line ('09?)

With Barnett and Ford close to 280 now, I would see no problem for them to be in the 290-300 range in a year or 2. I think Lambert is around 280 now, but I would have him next to Danny O'Brien and he is over 3 bills. JMO

Agreed. And it's an even bigger factor being in the SEC where most teams prefer pounding the rock over airing it out.

With Barnett and Ford close to 280 now, I would see no problem for them to be in the 290-300 range in a year or 2. I think Lambert is around 280 now, but I would have him next to Danny O'Brien and he is over 3 bills. JMO

Carr will be in the middle too as he's about 280lbs

“I love Tennessee, man,” said Mosley[.]

“I love the facilities and all that up there. I got to talk to all the coaches around there. They love me up there, and I’ve got love for Tennessee, so everything went good.”

“I get the same feeling at both (Alabama and Tennessee), so it’s, like, a tie, basically. I get the same home feeling at ‘Bama and Tennessee,” he said.

“I feel like I can’t go wrong with either one of those.”

“They’re all in,” He said. “Just talking to their players, they all have the same mindset. They don’t care who is on the field as long as they’re winning. They’re not going to argue about whether one player on the field is better than that person because they feel like they’re better talent-wise. They’re just all in it together.

“They want to get Tennessee back to where Tennessee belongs, and they’ve just got that good, family connection. That’s what I really like about them. They’re all in for that Vol For Life. I was talking with the commitments, and they all had on ‘Vol For Life’ wristbands. They wear it every day. It’s got that family feel, and they’re ready for me to be a part of that family, so that’s what I like.”

He also said that he has really good relationships with the current commits, notably Orlando Brown. He said that he has a close relationship with Jason Carr as well. His mother has to approve of his desicion, and he's not making it until sometime in the fall.

All in all, the article was VERY positive for UT.

Reactions: 3 people
So you think he's a take for them at this point if he were ready to commit?

I am not sure to be honest but I posted a while back I did not think Mosley would end up at UA. I think it also depends on what side of the line we are recruiting him for. I saw a list of top OL targets UA wants and he was not named. And I know there are several DL ahead of him on the board. I think the fact he didn't already and the reports coming from camps now may have moved him down the list. JMO

VN Store

Back