'14 TN OL/DL Charles Mosley (UT Signee 2/5/14)

Nice read.

Just hypothetical, but say Butch lands Gaulden, Barnett, Mosely, Malone and Sawyers to go with Hurd, Kelly, Wharton.... Would this be the greatest in-state haul in Tennessee history?

Reactions: 2 people
With Barnett and Ford close to 280 now, I would see no problem for them to be in the 290-300 range in a year or 2. I think Lambert is around 280 now, but I would have him next to Danny O'Brien and he is over 3 bills. JMO

Obrien looks the part, looks like he's ready to rip heads off. He's gonna be a good one.

Reactions: 1 person
I think that's helping us as well. I also think he prefers the defensive side of the ball and that's where we want him and Bama wants him on the OL.

Good I hope so. The different positions is intriguing. On defense, you can make an impact by yourself by being a one man wrecking crew. On offense, you can't stand out as much individually without the help of others. There are exceptions to this of course. Let's hope the home team score one this one.

:hi: Thanks for the response. That's pretty much what I was thinking as well...if he was a take for you guys then he would have already committed. But that's just my opinion I have no info on him. I hope he's not a take for you guys because I think he's going to be a good player a year or two down the road once he gets into a college S&C program and they get him in shape

Obrien looks the part, looks like he's ready to rip heads off. He's gonna be a good one.
Right but back to LV I don't want one guy on my DL over 300 in the SEC (and O'Brien is betweent 300-305 last I checked). Look around at the successful DLs in the SEC. I wouldn't mind getting all of who you said but we need a big em from this class too IMO

Nice read.

Just hypothetical, but say Butch lands Gaulden, Barnett, Mosely, Malone and Sawyers to go with Hurd, Kelly, Wharton.... Would this be the greatest in-state haul in Tennessee history?

I would say yes.

Nice read.

Most defantly

Right but back to LV I don't want one guy on my DL over 300 in the SEC (and O'Brien is betweent 300-305 last I checked). Look around at the successful DLs in the SEC. I wouldn't mind getting all of who you said but we need a big em from this class too IMO

Sorry I'm confused. So are you saying you do or do not want anybody over 300 lbs on the DL? I'm not sure how to take your first sentence in your post above.

:hi: Thanks for the response. That's pretty much what I was thinking as well...if he was a take for you guys then he would have already committed. But that's just my opinion I have no info on him. I hope he's not a take for you guys because I think he's going to be a good player a year or two down the road once he gets into a college S&C program and they get him in shape

I disagree with TW on this one. He has been targeted and is a priority for Alabama. The only reason he is not committed is because he wanted to come last weekend and see what all the current commits were about. So far from his comments, it looks like the visit went really well. Now it's just wait and see. JMO.

Nice read.

I really doubt we take/get Sawyers. Malone is a toss-up at this point.

Without a doubt. I prefer to have DTs 300 plus. Hell I prefer a SDE at 260-270. But that's just me.

:no: My post sounds homo-ish as hell. I promise...no homo...

Reactions: 1 person
Sorry I'm confused. So are you saying you do or do not want anybody over 300 lbs on the DL? I'm not sure how to take your first sentence in your post above.

I am as well. I never said I did not want anyone over 300lbs on the DL. I said I want guys who are quick. O'Brien is very quick for 305lbs. I don't think Mosley fits what I would want on the DL. Of course I am not the coach and they obviously like him. Him being a Tennessee kid, I would BOOM just like everyone else if/when he picked the Vols. I miss the days of the prowler defense to be honest. 3-4 guys around 285-300lbs moving back and forth, causing confusion on the OL, stunting around and just causing chaos.

No, no, no, no, NO! This cannot, must not be so. I refuse to believe it. Erroneous!

You serious?

I want Big Charles to be a Vol as much or more than anyone, but seems like we are playing catch up to the Tide.

Hopefully things go our way and Mr. Mosley joins the Big Orange.

I disagree with TW on this one. He has been targeted and is a priority for Alabama. The only reason he is not committed is because he wanted to come last weekend and see what all the current commits were about. So far from his comments, it looks like the visit went really well. Now it's just wait and see. JMO.

I hope you're right and that's the case. It would not surprise me with the way Butch has shown he has the ability to recruit already.

You serious?

I want Big Charles to be a Vol as much or more than anyone, but seems like we are playing catch up to the Tide.

Hopefully things go our way and Mr. Mosley joins the Big Orange.

There may have been youthful indiscretions. Let them be as they should be, further into his past with each new moment of growing resolve...to join his team mates as a true Tennessee Volunteer.

I am as well. I never said I did not want anyone over 300lbs on the DL. I said I want guys who are quick. O'Brien is very quick for 305lbs. I don't think Mosley fits what I would want on the DL. Of course I am not the coach and they obviously like him. Him being a Tennessee kid, I would BOOM just like everyone else if/when he picked the Vols. I miss the days of the prowler defense to be honest. 3-4 guys around 285-300lbs moving back and forth, causing confusion on the OL, stunting around and just causing chaos.
The game isn't really like that anymore. I haven't seen a successful DL like that in a long while, honestly.

I want our DL as a whole to contain more than one 300+ lber

I'm with you on that. I want to have guys at the DTs who look line Haynesworth and Henderson again. Run stopping monsters and pass rushers at the DEs.

Last edited:
Mosley is from Tennessee.

He obviously means a steal away from the University of Alabama, you know, the football team? Nick Saban? Crimson Tide?

Of course I reserve the right to say I knew you were being sarcastic if you were.

I'm with you on that. I want to have guys at the DTs who look line Haynesworth and Henderson again. Run stopping monsters and pass rushers at the DEs
Yessir. I even wouldn't mind having one big em and a do it all type of guy. I am really hoping we have that this year with Big Dan and Mo

VN Store

Back