'14 TN OL/DL Charles Mosley (UT Signee 2/5/14)

We want him at DT, Bama wants him at OG

I’m not going through a zilion pages to find it, but I think TW stated that Bama was going to take him as a DL/OL-type. Get in where you fit in sorta deal. I took that tweet from a while ago where Mosley said something about playing DE, and that’s what these 3-4 teams are doing with their nose tackles.

Upshot is, both teams want him on D. So no real advantage for UT. Other than Alabama being a suckhole, I mean.

I was listening to TSR today and they were talking about what a great spring and summer big Dan has had and that with a productive year could be a 1st rd pick. Idk about Mosleys work ethic, but they said big Dan has bought in completely.

My point is go to bama be a NT maybe get drafted in middle rounds, or go to UT, be a 1st/2nd round pick and follow great tradition like big John, Reggie white, Albert hanyesworth, and many others.

That's if he's wanting to play D, but hell I'd gladly take him at OG too.

I actually think it was a podcast of Hubbs on the zone. I listen to, too much sports radio. Normally I'm strictly TSR, but saw that coach Z was on midday 180 and saw a podcast of Hubbs from a few days ago.

I actually think it was a podcast of Hubbs on the zone. I listen to, too much sports radio. Normally I'm strictly TSR, but saw that coach Z was on midday 180 and saw a podcast of Hubbs from a few days ago.

12-3 josh ward on sports animal for me. All other shows are full of goons and morons IMO.

I was listening to TSR today and they were talking about what a great spring and summer big Dan has had and that with a productive year could be a 1st rd pick. Idk about Mosleys work ethic, but they said big Dan has bought in completely.

My point is go to bama be a NT maybe get drafted in middle rounds, or go to UT, be a 1st/2nd round pick and follow great tradition like big John, Reggie white, Albert hanyesworth, and many others.

That's if he's wanting to play D, but hell I'd gladly take him at OG too.

I've seen McCullers projected as a 1st round pick in a couple mocks.

Yea i kinda get annoyed sometimes listening to TSR, but I've listened to other stations like sports animal and the zone and just didn't like it as much. I feel like the people at TSR orange, but it gets kinda repetitive at times, but recently I've just listened to the podcasts and will fast forward thru parts, I like that Byron Moore is on Chris treece show and like the recruiting updates, as well as updates from swain or ainge about the team since there on campus alot.

I've seen McCullers projected as a 1st round pick in a couple mocks.

Yea I thought I have before too. I was impressed by the praise he was getting from media and coaches about his work ethic and his positive attitude and completely buying in. If he's being projected as a 1st rounder I'm excited to see what he's gonna do for us this year.

UA already has 3 interior lineman coming in for the 2014 class with Bozeman(grayshirt) as well as the 2 already committed. If McBride commits at the July camp like some believe may happen I doubt UA is looking at Mosley except on the DL.

I said a while back I did not think Mosley ended up at UA and still think that unless he commits very soon. The UA staff likes Mosley a lot and would accept his commitment right now from everything I have read but there seem to be a lot of DL on par with him. Meaning depth in this class for his position might make waiting longer to commit to limit some of his opportunities.

Reactions: 1 person
UA already has 3 interior lineman coming in for the 2014 class with Bozeman(grayshirt) as well as the 2 already committed. If McBride commits at the July camp like some believe may happen I doubt UA is looking at Mosley except on the DL.

I said a while back I did not think Mosley ended up at UA and still think that unless he commits very soon. The UA staff likes Mosley a lot and would accept his commitment right now from everything I have read but there seem to be a lot of DL on par with him. Meaning depth in this class for his position might make waiting longer to commit to limit some of his opportunities.
what about the new 5* dt from Elizabethton that jumped 400 spots to number 10 who just visited bama is he a no take and let the puddy cats get him. I have neighbors who are hard to live by because that de that is committed to ky jumped 125 spots and now this big dt is a 5 * and they know he is going to be a cat. and they expect to finish top 3 in recruiting in football and they expect to get atleast 5 more macdonald aa and5* ranked in top 10 in basketball . im just hoping the Vols beat uk in both sports

what about the new 5* dt from Elizabethton that jumped 400 spots to number 10 who just visited bama is he a no take and let the puddy cats get him. I have neighbors who are hard to live by because that de that is committed to ky jumped 125 spots and now this big dt is a 5 * and they know he is going to be a cat. and they expect to finish top 3 in recruiting in football and they expect to get atleast 5 more macdonald aa and5* ranked in top 10 in basketball . im just hoping the Vols beat uk in both sports

In all honesty I like Mosley better. I do not think Elam should be rated that high and still question his ability to pass rush. UA runs a base 3-4 half the time, the other half UA plays with 4 DL. I am not sold on Elam when UA has 4 DL in being effective. I think Mosley is quicker and to be honest better suited for a 4-3 base D.

I also think UK has a very legit shot to land Elam.

Last edited:
In all honesty I like Mosley better. I do not think Elam should be rated that high and still question his ability to pass rush. UA runs a base 3-4 half the time, the other half UA plays with 4 DL. I am not sold on Elam we UA has 4 DL in being effective. I think Mosley is quicker and to be honest better suited for a 4-3 base D.

How were you able to decipher that?....Much less answer it...mad props to you sir:search: :scare:

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
In all honesty I like Mosley better. I do not think Elam should be rated that high and still question his ability to pass rush. UA runs a base 3-4 half the time, the other half UA plays with 4 DL. I am not sold on Elam when UA has 4 DL in being effective. I think Mosley is quicker and to be honest better suited for a 4-3 base D.

TIde, do you think there is a point where Saban tells Mosley to commit or he is going to fill his spot? How many more DL's or OL's would it take for his spot to be taken?

IF that happens he could decide to pull the trigger, but if he doesn't that would be good for Tennessee.

TIde, do you think there is a point where Saban tells Mosley to commit or he is going to fill his spot? How many more DL's or OL's would it take for his spot to be taken?

IF that happens he could decide to pull the trigger, but if he doesn't that would be good for Tennessee.

That number depends on what some other positions may land. I think if others come on board first and we land some other top targets UA may only take 2 more OL, one is definitely C Robinson and probably the same on the DL as well.

UA technically has 4 OL already with Bozeman(Grayshirt). Robinson has a spot no matter what, The staff likes Mcbride and Mama. Mcbride could pull the trigger next month at camp and Mama is visiting and the cousin of TE Luatua (14 target whose brother currently plays for UA). Those 3 might be the top remaining targets for the OL. That is 7 there. Many of the DL UA is targeting will verbal by end of summer.

So I do not think Saban will force a commitment from Mosley but I think Mosley understands how it could play out, which in my opinion he believes is fine. I think Mosley has no issue if it was UT or UA.

The three Tennessee DTs will be a great haul. Barnett, Sawyers, and Mosley all have high ceilings. Throw in Hendrix to go along with Henderson and this D-line class is looking great.

Our DL take is set and will be incredible! The chess game of recruiting and leverage will gain or lose one. The rest are and have been solid silent commits.

I actually think sawyer will be candy, so I think our haul is Barnett, ford, and Mosley which is still a good haul if not better. Then you throw in a few DEs like Hendrix, Henderson, and another 3/4* we will be in good shape.

guys. he's maintained bama is the leader. some of u are presuming somehow that tn is the leader. i think weve helped ourselves tremendously, just would maybe temper the expectations on this one.

dont want to see a meldtdown if he picks the tahds

VN Store

Back