'14 TN OL/DL Charles Mosley (UT Signee 2/5/14)

I would think saying "dropped to a 90" would give a better idea of what happened. JMO.

Honestly, after the first few recruit threads I updated, I started to just say "bumped to ..." because looking up the old ranking takes the extra 30+ seconds. Add that up, and I could end up wasting quite a bit of time.

Unfortunately, my job doesn't allow a lot of "free time."

Honestly, after the first few recruit threads I updated, I started to just say "bumped to ..." because looking up the old ranking takes the extra 30+ seconds. Add that up, and I could end up wasting quite a bit of time.

Unfortunately, my job doesn't allow a lot of "free time."
Thanks for posting all those LynxVol.

:hi:

Reactions: 1 person
I said from the beginning that he was all Alabama. I'm not sure anymore. Rumor is that playing time would be an issue at Alabama and he doesn't want to wait 2 years. Tennessee is pushing hard right now and they have his attention. I hate to flip flop but I'm thinking Tennessee right now.

I'm hearing the same thing. Butch and the guys have made TONS of progress here 👍

Bama friend sent me this:

Bart or JC why did Charles Mosley drop so significantly it seem his stock was continuing to rise and do you feel his future is on offense or defense

· He hasn't had a good spring/summer camp circuit. I've watched him get whipped on a couple of occasions by smaller players. He was a guy we projected as a really highly rated guy due to his upside and body but after actually watching him compete he just hasn't lived up to that ranking. Doesn't have the natural strength you'd expect out of a kid of that frame and doesn't move that great laterally.

Bama friend sent me this:

Bart or JC why did Charles Mosley drop so significantly it seem his stock was continuing to rise and do you feel his future is on offense or defense

· He hasn't had a good spring/summer camp circuit. I've watched him get whipped on a couple of occasions by smaller players. He was a guy we projected as a really highly rated guy due to his upside and body but after actually watching him compete he just hasn't lived up to that ranking. Doesn't have the natural strength you'd expect out of a kid of that frame and doesn't move that great laterally.

Living here in W Tennessee, there's definitely a drop off in talent levels over the 20-40 miles from Memphis. Guys from Dyersburg, Fayette County and Haywood County just aren't as talented as the guys he's facing on the camp circuit. He'll be solid with a strength and conditioning training that he'll get at the next level.

Living here in W Tennessee, there's definitely a drop off in talent levels over the 20-40 miles from Memphis. Guys from Dyersburg, Fayette County and Haywood County just aren't as talented as the guys he's facing on the camp circuit. He'll be solid with a strength and conditioning training that he'll get at the next level.

Yeah, you can't teach size. I think if he chooses Tennessee, CBJ and Lawson will be on him to get in better condition. Could also be why he's being looked at as a potential OG as well.

Thats not entierly true. There are some extremely good players outside of memphis in West Tenn. They just do not get the exsposure that the memphis kids get. We played the Memphis teams in my Senior year, Briarcrest,ECS,HardingMemphis Northside,Bolton and MUS. Aside form MUS, Milan was more a more talented team than any of them. I played my junior year against 5 guys that went on to the SEC from teams in West Tenn. So they is not that much of a drop off outside of memphis. But if you go to the South of memphis, then there comes a talent difference.

VN Store

Back