'14 TN OL/DL Charles Mosley (UT Signee 2/5/14)

Stone went down to the wire and had a no-doubt offer from Bama. In fact, Bama wasn't in the position to give out "noncommitable" offers like it is now.

If you mean that it will go the way of Stone's recruitment in that Bama is the perceived leader for a TN kid who ends up signing with UT, then yeah, I agree.

That is exactly what I mean. Mosley has a no doubt offer from UA as well. I think the UA staff has tried to get him to commit and would take it. That is why I think he will end up at UT just like Stone. I think he likes the attention but in the end knows where he will end up.

Look at it this way. If UA had such a huge lead for him, wants him to commits, and he probably knows that spots are disappearing why not go ahead and commit. Lock up a spot now and always later decommitt. My opinion that lead is embellished to sell subscriptions. Mosley likes UA but not to the point some believe. He is enjoying the process and getting recruited by some of the top programs in the country. In the end I just think he stays home and I think some things have been over looked just like with Stone. The writing is there.

The only difference between him and Stone is Memphis is not all orange.

That is exactly what I mean. Mosley has a no doubt offer from UA as well. I think the UA staff has tried to get him to commit and would take it. That is why I think he will end up at UT just like Stone. I think he likes the attention but in the end knows where he will end up.

Look at it this way. If UA had such a huge lead for him, wants him to commits, and he probably knows that spots are disappearing why not go ahead and commit. Lock up a spot now and always later decommitt. My opinion that lead is embellished to sell subscriptions. Mosley likes UA but not to the point some believe. He is enjoying the process and getting recruited by some of the top programs in the country. In the end I just think he stays home and I think some things have been over looked just like with Stone. The writing is there.

The only difference between him and Stone is Memphis is not all orange.

Mosley is not from Memphis

I thought he lived just on the outskirts of Memphis, my bad.

Close, it's in the southern part of Tipton County. Which is the county just above Shelby County, where Memphis is located. Memphis is also, obviously in southern Shelby County. Still close with a lot of Memphis people, but this area is where it starts to go orange, actually northern Shelby County.

Last edited:
The Herron stuff is just not true. UT did recruit him hard and at the state BB tournament the Central folks were saying he had said he was going to UT. Frank Wilson started going after him hard and Coach Chavis told Herron he could put him in the league like he had a bunch of DL's and LSU won out pure and simple. For those that think that a Memphis kid shouldn't go all the way to LSU its a little closer from Memphis than Knoxville is. The distance from Memphis to Knoxville works against us a lot. Baton Rouge is only about 10 miles closer but when you talk about Ole MIss, Alabama, Auburn, Arkansas its a good distance.

People for some reason choose to focus on made up negative things about Dooley when there are oh so many actual negative things about Dooley to focus on.

Reactions: 1 person
On whether Mosley will be in Knoxville next weekend...

"Mosley has been undecided on whether or not he will be here that weekend. I do think some things have shifted more in the Vols favor with him over the last few weeks."

- Hubbs

Reactions: 3 people
On whether Mosley will be in Knoxville next weekend...

"Mosley has been undecided on whether or not he will be here that weekend. I do think some things have shifted more in the Vols favor with him over the last few weeks."

- Hubbs

I think it also bodes well that he is not attending UA camp this week. This camp is biggest for UA this summer with a lot of targets who UA is after and many commits showing up as well. I am sure Mosley was invited and the staff probably wanted him down there, but he is not expected to show.

I personally think his recruitment is starting to wind down and would not be surprised to see him commit to UT before the season starts or shortly there after. If he visits UT soon that will say a lot that time table could speed up.

Reactions: 3 people
Close, it's in the southern part of Tipton County. Which is the county just above Shelby County, where Memphis is located. Memphis is also, obviously in southern Shelby County. Still close with a lot of Memphis people, but this area is where it starts to go orange, actually northern Shelby County.

Go ask people from T County if the consider themselves Memphis..be prepared to duck

Go ask people from T County if the consider themselves Memphis..be prepared to duck

Regardless, it's still somewhat close, as TW was comparing Mosley to Stone. But I agree that there is a big difference in loyalty between Memphis and Tipton County. There is alot of orange in Shelby County mixed with many other schools. But once you get north into Tipton County, there is alot of orange, especially as you keep going north. Once you get out if the metro area, UT dominates.

She didn't:ermm:

Haha, Butch. That's the first thing I thought when I saw you changed it. Gotta stay out of the doghouse buddy. Anywho, she's a lovely girl and you could maybe sneak a pic of her back in at some point when she's not looking?

Haha, Butch. That's the first thing I thought when I saw you changed it. Gotta stay out of the doghouse buddy. Anywho, she's a lovely girl and you could maybe sneak a pic of her back in at some point when she's not looking?

She had no idea what I was spending so much time on...maybe thought I was flirting online....probably disappointed her and when she saw her unauthorized image on this "dumb Volunteer thing"...can't go wrong with Puppy In a Bathtub....We're on her radar now so she'll be sneaking a peek more often...teaches me to leave my Kindle on the bed to go get a snack
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Last edited:
She had no idea what I was spending so much time on...maybe thought I was flirting online....probably disappointed her and when she saw her unauthorized image on this "dumb Volunteer thing"...can't go wrong with Puppy In a Bathtub"....We're on her radar now so she'll be sneaking a peek more often...teaches me to leave my Kindal on the bed to go get a snack

Puppy is kind of cute but ...

I assume we're recruiting him on the DL?

"They are recruiting him as both. I think he may be one of those guys you don't really know his position until he gets somewhere the summer after he signs and you see up close what his make up is and how athletic he is.

This is from my point of view, he can be a good defensive tackle, but has his greatest potential on the offensive line."

- Fortenberry

Reactions: 2 people
She had no idea what I was spending so much time on...maybe thought I was flirting online....probably disappointed her and when she saw her unauthorized image on this "dumb Volunteer thing"...can't go wrong with Puppy In a Bathtub....We're on her radar now so she'll be sneaking a peek more often...teaches me to leave my Kindle on the bed to go get a snack

Make sure she knows she has a fan club on Volnation. :hi:

"They are recruiting him as both. I think he may be one of those guys you don't really know his position until he gets somewhere the summer after he signs and you see up close what his make up is and how athletic he is.

This is from my point of view, he can be a good defensive tackle, but has his greatest potential on the offensive line."

- Fortenberry

Thanks Ron. I agree with Paul, seems like a better OL.

Regardless, it's still somewhat close, as TW was comparing Mosley to Stone. But I agree that there is a big difference in loyalty between Memphis and Tipton County. There is alot of orange in Shelby County mixed with many other schools. But once you get north into Tipton County, there is alot of orange, especially as you keep going north. Once you get out if the metro area, UT dominates.

Yeah and really there is more in memphis than people think. Since we've been down for 5 years it make it seem worse than it really is here. Lots of bandwagon fans have popped up and people wearing other teams gear are mostly memphis fans cheering for other football teams. However it's still mostly UT gear you see even in memphis. As soon as we make it back I think we will be stronger in this area than we've ever been. Some people that are not from here have no idea how orange memphis and Shelby county is!

Yeah and really there is more in memphis than people think. Since we've been down for 5 years it make it seem worse than it really is here. Lots of bandwagon fans have popped up and people wearing other teams gear are mostly memphis fans cheering for other football teams. However it's still mostly UT gear you see even in memphis. As soon as we make it back I think we will be stronger in this area than we've ever been. Some people that are not from here have no idea how orange memphis and Shelby county is!

You are right on about this. I have close to a dozen people that I see on a weekly basis with work that I can talk to about Vol football. Also, I live in the suburbs, and I walk in the neighborhood and see alot of Vol signs. I know some of the houses, and just last week, I found two more houses displaying yard sign that I had not seen. People just don't realize how many Vol alums and fans are in Shelby County. That is why it frustrates me when some always insist that Memphis should be cut off from the state.

Correct. They really don't consider themselves Memphians. There are a lot of commuters that drive into Memphis for work and play, but they choose to live in Tipton county. Good schools, cheaper to live. I'd say the state starts turning orange moving north on 51 and east on 40. There's still a lot of Vols in Memphis, but Bama and Ole Miss have their share too.

Disappointed in you ... and her. Just a bad situation all the way around.

You are right on about this. I have close to a dozen people that I see on a weekly basis with work that I can talk to about Vol football. Also, I live in the suburbs, and I walk in the neighborhood and see alot of Vol signs. I know some of the houses, and just last week, I found two more houses displaying yard sign that I had not seen. People just don't realize how many Vol alums and fans are in Shelby County. That is why it frustrates me when some always insist that Memphis should be cut off from the state.

So true!

VN Store

Back