'14 TN OL/DL Charles Mosley (UT Signee 2/5/14)

Size-Strength-Speed
A prospect that possesses excellent height and carries a great deal of bulk on his frame. Does need to watch how he adds additional size and could likely benefit from reworking his body composition some and playing a little lighter. Flashes a good initial burst for his size.

Versus the Run
A big-bodied presence in the heart of the defensive trenches that can eat up space. Needs to watch pad level, but demonstrates the ability to fire out and get under blockers' pads. He is capable at times of creating an initial push back and with a wide base can anchor and hold his ground against single- and double-team blocks. Flashes the upper body strength to be able to disengage from blockers at his current level, but needs to improve hand usage and work to create better separation.

Pass Rush Skills
A big man capable of pressing the depth of the pocket with a bull rush which with development will be his best weapon. Will try and attack half-a-man and can just power his way upfield against his current competition, but needs to learn to be more active with his weapons.

Toughness/Motor
Big, strong kid who flashes that he will turn and trail the play, but range is limited and displays marginal ability to be able to change direction. He is a fairly explosive prospect at his best inside the tackles.

Bottom Line
Mosley has little trouble manhandling his current competition, but also looks to quite often enjoy a big size difference and needs to continue to develop his technique. Has some limitations, but can be a tough and stout presence as an interior player and a prospect that will likely be of particular interest to 3-4 teams. A move to offensive line is also a possibility at the next level.

-ESPN Scouting Report

Size-Strength-Speed
A prospect that possesses excellent height and carries a great deal of bulk on his frame. Does need to watch how he adds additional size and could likely benefit from reworking his body composition some and playing a little lighter. Flashes a good initial burst for his size.

Versus the Run
A big-bodied presence in the heart of the defensive trenches that can eat up space. Needs to watch pad level, but demonstrates the ability to fire out and get under blockers' pads. He is capable at times of creating an initial push back and with a wide base can anchor and hold his ground against single- and double-team blocks. Flashes the upper body strength to be able to disengage from blockers at his current level, but needs to improve hand usage and work to create better separation.

Pass Rush Skills
A big man capable of pressing the depth of the pocket with a bull rush which with development will be his best weapon. Will try and attack half-a-man and can just power his way upfield against his current competition, but needs to learn to be more active with his weapons.

Toughness/Motor
Big, strong kid who flashes that he will turn and trail the play, but range is limited and displays marginal ability to be able to change direction. He is a fairly explosive prospect at his best inside the tackles.

Bottom Line
Mosley has little trouble manhandling his current competition, but also looks to quite often enjoy a big size difference and needs to continue to develop his technique. Has some limitations, but can be a tough and stout presence as an interior player and a prospect that will likely be of particular interest to 3-4 teams. A move to offensive line is also a possibility at the next level.

-ESPN Scouting Report

Motif

Reactions: 1 person
Barton Simmons -

I don't think he's wrong to say that Bama may still lead. However, his comment about Bama voices around him at his HS is pure speculation. Other than maybe his family and/or friends, Brighton is pretty faithful to UT.

However, JMO, but B. Simmons is the analyst I listen the least of anyone on 247. He's rarely accurate in anything he says.

Reactions: 2 people
I don't think he's wrong to say that Bama may still lead. However, his comment about Bama voices around him at his HS is pure speculation. Other than maybe his family and/or friends, Brighton is pretty faithful to UT.

However, JMO, but B. Simmons is the analyst I listen the least of anyone on 247. He's rarely accurate in anything he says.

That and he is a royal doucher

Mosely is my #1 want at this point. Yes, A. Jackson would be a super get, but CJ is a BIG answer at a BIG need. He's got a chance (especially if he can come in as an EE) to be plugged into the void that big Dan (McCullers) will leave.

I really don't think out staff is looking to replace the size of McCullers. I think that is pure fan want/desire. Look at the other DTs we are recruiting. They're all at or projected to be around 300 lbs and are athletic enough to play across the DL. Mosely is not.

I honestly don't want him unless he plays guard.

I really don't think out staff is looking to replace the size of McCullers. I think that is pure fan want/desire. Look at the other DTs we are recruiting. They're all at or projected to be around 300 lbs and are athletic enough to play across the DL. Mosely is not.

I honestly don't want him unless he plays guard.

Mosley doesn't project well at DT in college, and I think that is something a lot of analysts may have right. I've read on 247 stating that he didn't exactly impress anyone when he took reps at DT at various camps. A lot of analysts have said his future is on the OL, and Bama is apparently recruiting him for either OL or DL, but the word is that they want him at OG.

Mosley doesn't project well at DT in college, and I think that is something a lot of analysts may have right. I've read on 247 stating that he didn't exactly impress anyone when he took reps at DT at various camps. A lot of analysts have said his future is on the OL, and Bama is apparently recruiting him for either OL or DL, but the word is that they want him at OG.

What about DE?!?!

I think he'd be a great OG.

The pro Vandy guys on 247 are a joke. When they start talking like this about a prospect at TN it is usually a good thing for the Vols. Just like the one Vandy guy predicted Chris Williams to Ole Miss on his crystal ball yesterday right after his TN visit. Why a Vandy writer is even making a prediction about Williams is beyond me other than trying to intentionally downplay the fact that he took a surprise visit over the weekend to Tennessee. It's hilarious how bad Tennessee is in their heads.

Whatever Vandy is doing is working. Before the past couple of years we never talked about Vandy. Now it's an every day subject. If you all would just ignore the crap the hype would die down.

Reactions: 7 people
Whatever Vandy is doing is working. Before the past couple of years we never talked about Vandy. Now it's an every day subject. If you all would just ignore the crap the hype would die down.

Vandy is Danny O'Shea. I know Kevin doesn't give Danny a thought. We should do the same.

you are right about ignoring it! they have caught a good break for the last couple years with the sec being down outside the top 2 or 3 teams!! and the east has been weak ! it will be back to normal in a year or so! with A 3 team race with UT,ga and fla!!!!! vandy WILL always be vandy:p

you are right about ignoring it! they have caught a good break for the last couple years with the sec being down outside the top 2 or 3 teams!! and the east has been weak ! it will be back to normal in a year or so! with A 3 team race with UT,ga and fla!!!!! vandy WILL always be vandy:p

I guess u expect south Carolina to go back to mediocrity?

VN Store

Back