'14 TN OL/DL Charles Mosley (UT Signee 2/5/14)

I was really hoping that if we take Mosley it would strictly be for the OL. I don't like that he is higher than Humphreys on the DL board.

I personally like Mosley much better at DT. I don't feel like he's a great fit at OL for us with the type of offense Jones wants to run. JMO

Reactions: 1 person
Yeah this won't happen. If all 3 of the aforementioned wanted to commit today, we take them all IMO. Only way we tell one no is if we are super confident we land Barnett and Hendrix

I feel pretty confident that we will land Hendrix (we're pretty far out front right now IMO). I think we are in good shape with Barnett as well. I don't think we are necessarily in the lead for him like we are with Hendrix but when it's all said and done I think there's a good chance he will end up a Volunteer.

Last edited:
I personally like Mosley much better at DT. I don't feel like he's a great fit at OL for us with the type of offense Jones wants to run. JMO

I don't feel he is a good fit on either side of the ball with what our staff wants to run. But I would rather he cut some weight and play OG.

Poster on 247 is adamant that Mosley is not a take for Bama. B. Simmons and this poster had some passive aggressive posts about trusting their sources. Sweet internet **** measuring contest.

On a side note, the poster seems to have a little credibility, but I don't think he's had a history of making predictions.

I don't feel he is a good fit on either side of the ball with what our staff wants to run. But I would rather he cut some weight and play OG.

To be an OG in this offense he has to drop 50 pounds. To be a DT in this defense he needs to drop 30 lbs.

We will always have a NG.

I might be biased, but if Saban wants him at Bama, I have 3 hopes:

1. I don't want Mosley playing for a rival that we see every year.
2. If we get him, we hurt Bama.
3. It shows other West Tennessee recruits that Tennessee is putting forth effort and WANTS them.

We offered Elam. Seems Strip is revising his opinion on what an SEC DT is supposed to be. If true, I definitely see Mosley being a DT as well.

I might be biased, but if Saban wants him at Bama, I have 3 hopes:

1. I don't want Mosley playing for a rival that we see every year.
2. If we get him, we hurt Bama.
3. It shows other West Tennessee recruits that Tennessee is putting forth effort and WANTS them.

We've always pulled from West Tn...Al Wilson, Trey Teague, Chad Clifton, Cedric Wilson, George Kidd, Drae Bowles, Chris Daniels...off the top of my head.

We've always pulled from West Tn...Al Wilson, Trey Teague, Chad Clifton, Cedric Wilson, George Kidd, Drae Bowles, Chris Daniels...off the top of my head.

Chris Walker, Dan Williams, Cameron Clear, Greg King, Tino Thomas, Jason Carr, etc. etc.

And as soon as we get back to our winning ways we will get more. Anyone we want I think.

We offered Elam. Seems Strip is revising his opinion on what an SEC DT is supposed to be. If true, I definitely see Mosley being a DT as well.

If you had to chose between Mosley and Elam (disregarding Mosley being from TN) who would you chose?

Jeff Smith, Toby Champion, Ernest Fields, John Simonton, John Murphy, Doug Atkins, Don McCleary, Junior Reid, Danny Jeffries, etc.

Jeff Smith, Toby Champion, Ernest Fields, John Simonton, John Murphy, Doug Atkins, Don McCleary, Junior Reid, Danny Jeffries, etc.

How could I forget Tim Priest, Joe Thompson, Charles Rosenfelder, Stockton Adkins, Will Offenheusel, John Fisher, Jabari Greer, Cheek Duncan, Jim Noonan, Thomas Rowsey, Abe Shires and many others?

VN Store

Back