'14 TN OL/DL Charles Mosley (UT Signee 2/5/14)

"I went to Tennessee a little while ago and I did not really know what to expect. Some people had been telling me about it and I really liked it. They have great fans, the basketball game was rocking, I really liked Coach Butch Jones, and I had a good time."

"Alabama is my leader and I like everything about Alabama, but I will see other schools and compare everything."

"I plan to commit by the start of the season. I will take more visits this spring and summer, I will see who offers me, and I would like to make my decision before the football season begins."

-Scout

Last edited:
"I went to Tennessee a little while ago and I did not really know what to expect. Some people had been telling me about it and I really liked it. They have great fans, the basketball game was rocking, I really liked Coach Butch Jones, and I had a good time."

"Alabama is my leader and I like everything about Alabama, but I will see other schools and compare everything."

"I plan to commit by the start of the season. I will take more visits this spring and summer, I will see who offers me, and I would like to make my decision before the football season begins."

I would like to be optimistic, but once Bama publicly "leads", that is pretty much it

Reactions: 2 people
I would like to be optimistic, but once Bama publicly "leads", that is pretty much it

I wish that was the case but even Bama has alot kids publicly say they lead and then they end up going elsewhere. These kids change like the weather. Too early to give up hope now.

I wish that was the case but even Bama has alot kids publicly say they lead and then they end up going elsewhere. These kids change like the weather. Too early to give up hope now.

Awww, poor Bamers...hope yall don't lose out on too many :(

I am going to go with the assumption that he is stringing Bama along just to make them think they have a chance. Talk sweet and tell them how wonderful they are. Then drop the hammer and commit to UT.

(I know Bama just gets another stud in his place but it would still feel good.) :yes:

Reactions: 1 person
U dont like the truth? Vols still have a chance.

Sure, we have a chance, but at this point in the game, the tea leaves are saying we are a 2nd place hat on the table. It's still early in the process, and I'd love to be wrong.

This guy seemingly is a NT for a 3-4 and we now play the 4-3. I hope this does not matter for him and he could play over the OG as a DT.

His parents will get the biggest raise of their lifes once he goes to school andthey don't have to pay for his meals

His parents will get the biggest raise of their lifes once he goes to school andthey don't have to pay for his meals

After reading the first ten words of this I thought you were going a different direction in this statement lol

Interesting fact from an ESPN article. Hadn't seen this mentioned yet, sorry if I missed it earlier.

The Volunteers could be a factor since Mosley’s cousin, Johnnie Jones, played for them in the early 80’s.

“[Jones] says they will make you a better player and do everything possible to support you in life. He said the fans are crazy -- but they are a good kind of crazy.”

“The SEC is where I want to play because it is the best conference in college football,” Mosley said. “If I can make it there I can make it in the pros. I will likely play in that conference. Alabama is my No. 1 school because they consistently win and they do not fall off each year. I also love that coaching staff. I will visit them April 5 and then I will visit the other SEC offers from there.”

SIAP - 247 has him as a 4* 90 and the #22 DT in the country (1 spot behind Poona Ford).

Love the report (VOL REPORT: A NEW LOOK ON DEFENSE - VolNation) where it talks about Lawson getting the players into better shape and how Mccullers is looking forward to penetrating the offensive line instead of just holding blocks for the linebackers.

Mosley's big, but he might find value in gaining athleticism and making plays, rather than holding blocks so someone else can make plays, like he most likely would do as a NT at Bama.

For the most exposure, he would be better off at a school with less depth at his playing position. Hes talking NFL and may only get into the depth rotation for 1-2 years of exposure/experience at bama. With any effort at all, he could see 3-4 years at UT.

For the most exposure, he would be better off at a school with less depth at his playing position. Hes talking NFL and may only get into the depth rotation for 1-2 years of exposure/experience at bama. With any effort at all, he could see 3-4 years at UT.

Bama doesnt have established depth at NG. That has been one of the hardest positions to recruit. Most of the guys they have brought in as pure NGs have mainly been 3 star caliber kids that had to develop

VN Store

Back