'14 TN OL/DL Charles Mosley (UT Signee 2/5/14)

I had forgotten about that with Clifton! Sweet move Vol fans!! I'm sure Moseley is enamored by satin's visit, but bUTch should wow him. Hopefully he will stay in-state. This guy is HUGE!

Yeah he Dan Mccullers size and he is not even.a.senior in high school yet

307555.jpg

Reactions: 3 people
TKjr is all over that one.

Who we got on TKJr? TKSr? Just kidding. I hope you guys are right and TKJr and Hurd are wearing UT orange soon. Wish it was a forgone conclusion but it doesn't seem that way yet. We need more Wharton-style commits.

Rivals
Mosley is somewhat taller than 6-4 and he’s somewhat heavier than 330 pounds. Where exactly he falls beyond those numbers is hard to say but big is big. He’s broad-shouldered, barrel-chested and tree-trunk-legged and on a rainy day Thursday afternoon in the crowded Brighton weight room, it takes all of one glance to identify the player that has landed four SEC offers.

Based on his quickness, strength and pure size that were all on display Thursday, more SEC offers are likely on the way.

“It’s a shock,” Mosley said of the early offers. “I didn’t think they’d be coming in until midseason after they watched a couple games but they’re coming in now so it’s a blessing.”

The flow of offers started with Alabama on Feb. 6. A junior day offer from Tennessee came ten days later and on Wednesday Auburn and Ole Miss joined the fray.

In 2012, Mosley put together a dominating season at defensive tackle and offensive line which has helped spur his recent recruiting interest but everything really kicked off before that when he dominated Alabama’s summer prospect camp as a relative unknown.

With the help of his assistant coach and former Alabama tight end Barrett Earnest, Mosley got down to Alabama’s camp and though he arrived as an unknown, he quickly caught the attention of the entire staff, most notably Nick Saban.

“They just saw my size and said ‘who are you’,” he said. “And I said ‘I’m from Brighton’. I did good through 1on1s, I was winning my group so I went down to Coach Saban’s group. When I was over there, everybody else started looking at me like ‘where’d you come from’.”

That performance in front of Coach Saban was an exhilarating moment for Mosley and it paid off in the long tern with an offer.

“I was kind of nervous because I saw Coach Saban right behind me so if I mess up, there goes my shot right there. But once I started going, once my confidence came back, I said never mind, I can do this. To see all those people looking at me and looking all amazed after that, it just went on from there. Nobody stopped me.”

This fall Mosley followed up that camp performance with an unofficial visit to Tuscaloosa for Alabama’s game against Ole Miss. He also took in a game at Ole Miss and attended junior days at Tennessee and Mississippi State. To date though, Alabama is the clear team to beat.

“Alabama’s my No. 1 school,” he said. “For one, they’re winning, two they’re like family. They’re a real close-knit group down there. The coaches talk to me. They keep it real with me and keep it honest with me. That’s what I really like about Alabama. Plus it’s real business. I know when I go to college it’s a business and I can’t play around down there.”

Though Alabama is the team to beat, his experiences at Ole Miss and Tennessee have been very positive as well.

“I went down to Tennessee and they showed me something better than what I expected,” he said. “Everybody was telling me to go down on the hill, it’s going o be great down there. I had to go down and see it for myself. Those guys down there, they’re wonderful at Tennessee.

“I went down to Ole Miss last year, we went to the Texas A&M game. When I went down there, I went to The Grove. I liked The Grove a whole lot. The fans showed me a lot of love.

“Auburn, I haven’t been down there yet but I’ll get a chance in the spring to go down there and see what it’s like. I hear it’s a pretty nice campus.”

Mosley isn’t in any hurry to make a decision and has tentatively targeted the end of his senior season as a commitment time frame. By that point, he may have offers from the rest of the SEC and that’s exactly what he wants.

Brighton head coach Will Wolfe thinks that whomever does land Mosley will be landing much more than just a big body.

“He’s got so many great qualities,” Wolfe said. “The size, obviously, and he can move. He’s really a good kid. He’s got a good way about him. He’s got a really good heart. My family just loves him. My little eight year old climbs over him like a big old grizzly bear. There’s not a person in that school, teacher or anyone that doesn’t like Charles Mosley. When you find a kid like that, that’s special.”

That positive mentality that Wolfe described was in line with how Mosley described himself as a player. Just like his coach, Mosley talked about his outlook and approach to the game more so than his skill set or physical attributes.

“I’m gonna go out every play and I’m gonna give them everything they want,” he said. “They want me to play hard, I’m gonna do it. I’m gonna do anything they tell me to do, I’m gonna do it. I like to please the coach. Most of all, I’m going to be dominant. Whoever they put in front of me, I’ve got the mindset that I’m gonna dominate. I don’t take it for granted but I got in mind that I’m gonna win. That’s all I like to do.”

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
I can see this guy getting mega-bumps (especially if he goes bama) if he camps and does well this season. He's just absolutely huge.

“He’s got so many great qualities,” Wolfe said. “The size, obviously, and he can move. He’s really a good kid. He’s got a good way about him. He’s got a really good heart. My family just loves him. My little eight year old climbs over him like a big old grizzly bear. There’s not a person in that school, teacher or anyone that doesn’t like Charles Mosley. When you find a kid like that, that’s special.”

Bammer bidness is one thing, but a guy like this should go to Tennessee. We got real family, with more than everything he needs.

I have noticed on several times that a recruit says "people keep telling me to check out Tn", I wonder who they are because it sounds like non UT coaches or staff that recruits are referring to.

Paul Fortenberry ‏@Volquest_Paul
Charles Mosley tells me he picked up two new offers this week from Auburn and Ole Miss. Already had Tennessee and Alabama. More to come.

VN Store

Back