'14 TN OL/DL Charles Mosley (UT Signee 2/5/14)

brighton (tenn.) defensive tackle charles mosley is becoming one of the most sought after interior defensive lineman in the south. The 6-foot-4, 350-pounder has been hard at work in the weight room getting better this off-season and has also been working on building relationships with the schools recruiting him.

Mosley has a few visits planned in the coming weeks.

“i have been working really hard getting ready to go to some camps. I am getting stronger and faster. I am down to about 345 pounds and want to lose another 15 pounds before next season. Everything has been going great on the recruiting front, too. I have just been trying to keep in touch with all of these coaches and build a relationship with them.”

the volunteer state native named the crimson tide his leader a month ago and while alabama still leads, the university of tennessee has made this a two-team race for the massive defensive tackle’s services.

“alabama is still my leader. I like the coaching staff as individuals. They are all cool guys and they treat you like family. I also like how coach saban runs the program. He is going to get the best out of you no matter what. I know that if go down there it is all business and i can’t mess around any.

“tennessee is right up there with alabama. I felt a lot of the same feelings at ut as i did at alabama. I just felt comfortable there and they had the whole family feel too.”

the 4-star prospect is planning a visit to auburn next weekend and would like to visit alabama when competing in a camp in birmingham on april 6th.

“i am trying to visit auburn on march 30th and i am going to try to make a visit to alabama when i go to birmingham for a camp on april 6th. I don’t know for sure if it will be that friday or after the camp, but i am going to try to make it work.”

mosley could project well on either side of the ball, but the alabama staff likes the big man at defensive tackle right now. Mosley, who has no preference on where he lines up at the next level, will camp in tuscaloosa this summer so the coaches can continue to evaluate where he best fits at the next level.

“alabama likes me on defense, but i don’t have a preference. Wherever they feel i am the best at and i can best help the team is fine with me. I can go either way and i am going to work hard to be the best no matter which spot they put me at.

“i will be at one of the camps this summer. They want me to come down so they can figure out which position i will fit best at.”

the defensive tackle was initially recruited by former alabama wide receivers coach mike groh and new wide receivers coach billy napier has since taken over. Napier made sure to let mosley know that he was a priority for the tide.

“coach napier keeps in contact with me and we talk pretty often. He told me when he got on the job that they were making me a priority and he wanted to make sure that he built a good relationship with me like i had with coach groh before he left and he has done that. I like him.”

mosley has targeted this fall as when he will most likely make his college decision. He is ranked the no. 118 prospect nationally by the industry-generated 247composite and has a grade of 94 from 247sports.

yes a big dt inside the state of Tennessee ,and i know bama is his leader but UT needs to land him and he is 102 on 247 top 250.a must get priorty number 1 now that we have tkj and hurd.

He's flying under the radar because he's from Brighton. Lol. Little town.

No kidding. Had to google map that town. I didn't even know it existed. Then again, I am from Greenback, so I know a small town can produce one every now and then. Personally think from what little I have seen, we need to be all over this one. He is built like a bulldozer.

I say line him up next to him on a jumbo package that would be sick to have two 350 lb guys on the dline

McCullers is done at UT after this upcoming season though. We won't see them play together but it would be a good successor to the NT position.

“I have been working really hard getting ready to go to some camps. I am getting stronger and faster. I am down to about 345 pounds and want to lose another 15 pounds before next season. Everything has been going great on the recruiting front, too. I have just been trying to keep in touch with all of these coaches and build a relationship with them.”

“Alabama is still my leader. I like the coaching staff as individuals. They are all cool guys and they treat you like family. I also like how Coach Saban runs the program. He is going to get the best out of you no matter what. I know that if go down there it is all business and I can’t mess around any.

“Tennessee is right up there with Alabama. I felt a lot of the same feelings at UT as I did at Alabama. I just felt comfortable there and they had the whole family feel too.”

“Alabama likes me on defense, but I don’t have a preference. Wherever they feel I am the best at and I can best help the team is fine with me. I can go either way and I am going to work hard to be the best no matter which spot they put me at.

“I will be at one of the camps this summer. They want me to come down so they can figure out which position I will fit best at.”

Literally the same article as VQ. Oh well, thought I'd post some nuggets anyways.

Wow I didn't think we had much of a shot with Mosley. GreAt news!! Now we just need to swing UT to the front. I think we can get this kid, Stripling is good DLine coach. I mean we will be open on both sides of the ball for this kid to play next year. Hopefully something bad comes up about Bama this year.

Mosley has offers from Alabama, Auburn, Georgia, Ole Miss and Tennessee. The 6-foot-5, 350-pound lineman isn't in any rush to make a decision.

"I have five offers right now," he said. "Everyone is basically coming after me really hard. I'd probably say Alabama, Ole Miss and Tennessee are recruiting me the hardest. Auburn is starting to show more interest in me.

"I have taken visits to Alabama, Ole Miss and Tennessee. I haven't visited Auburn or Georgia yet. Hopefully I'll be able to visit those schools soon. I plan on making my decision sometime in the fall."

It's an out-of-state school at the top of the list.

"Alabama is still my favorite," Mosley said.
-Rivals.com.

VQ has a video interview up with Mosley from Atl. He's a funny kid, really likable personality, he had Fortenberry cracking up. He said Bama was still his leader but UT was right there. Said UT commits call him all the time, he really likes Stripling and the chance for early playing time. Fortenberry sold it nicely, "You know UT graduates 6 DL and you could play right away, does that interest you?"...Mosley said that would be a very big factor in his final decision. He liked the fact that Bama has been consistently winning a lot lately but knows that all the schools that have offered can get him to the NFL, which is his goal.

He seems to be really having fun being recruited and going to these camps to earn offers and show his skills. Said he wants to be ranked higher, wants to be in the top 100. Seems like a really good kid, hope he chooses the Vols.

http://tennessee.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1492643

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
I think Mosely tweeted something about wishing the UT and Bama spring games weren't on the same day.

Hope he chooses to come to ours!

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back