'14 TN OL/DL Charles Mosley (UT Signee 2/5/14)

I am on board. I looked at us passing on kids as a very good sign! We are in great shape IMO

^Like

But now I'm gonna fuel the "half empty". 24/7 just posted an interview report from Mosley. It was done by Charles Power of BamaOnline, so TW's post may not carry as much weight as before. Also, the predictions of a decision on his birthday or sooner look unlikely, unless he is just messing with everyone else.

Link:

Top247 DL/OL Charles Mosley talks Alabama scrimmage, top schools

Summary:
Bama is going to be good again.
They are steering him towards D-Line, but nothings final.
He focused on the D-Line players. They're Huge.
Really impressed with Amari Cooper.
Talked personally with Saban, Rumph, and Napier. They really want him and discussed how they play and prepare for the next level of football and life.
Extremely impressed with their new locker room/facilities since he was there earlier in the summer.
Still says TN is his #1. Bama is right there in second. They didn't take a far drop when UT became leader.
Reiterates the good things he has said about UT.
Will take Unofficials to some games, this was last visit before his season.
UT, bama, and ole mi$$ will definitely get Officials. Auburn should and possibly UGA. No dates set at this point.

per P Fort on Mosley:

On Mosley, the Vols still lead after his Alabama visit he said. He noted he had a good time at Alabama but at Tennessee is really feeling the connection with the Vols. As for a timeframe, he wasn't as sure tonight about one. He noted it could still come before the end of the month, but he may take a few visits before doing something final.

But, either way, he is still really high on Tennessee after his Alabama visit which is a good sign moving forward I would think.

Reactions: 1 person
per P Fort on Mosley:

Our reporters seem to have somewhat conflicting reports. I just love recruiting

tumblr_m2yb5mGurS1qihztbo1_400.gif

What the haters going to complain about after Mosely commits giving us 3 four star dlineman? My bet is they jump on the wtf no QB bandwagon since its only thing left

I'll get flamed for this but I wish we would have passed on him and taken humphrey's. Heard from a few people he hasent dominated camps the way he should be with his size. He needs to dominate the high school competition this yr, because it's getting better but still a little weak state wide. So hopefully he will dominate drop a little weight and be good to go.

As long as he dominates IN PADS for us, who cares what a pencil pushing geek says about him now.

the season

Good call but its actually already begun. Read a post yesterday from a regular poster chastising the staff for not moving Vincent Dallas to DB a long time ago in anticipation of Riyahd Jones' knee injury.... ridiculous but true. No way to stop it, just gotta deal with and/or ignore the nonsense.

That being said, the first loss, especially if its either a bad one or an unexpected one will have all NegaVols coming out of the wood work putting CBJ on the hot seat and questioning his hire in the first place. They'll say, "he can recruit, but coaching in the the SEC is a lot different than coaching in the Big East, blah blah blah...." Ugh.

Reactions: 1 person
And contrary to some other posters from other schools, for the DL too.

If you are referring to me I have stated UA is not looking at him for OL many a time and that the remaining targets for our OL is CRob and Mama. I have stated he is being recruited as a DL for UA which he said in his post visit interview.

Regarding UA in his recruitment.

"Tennessee is still my No. 1 school," Mosley said. "Bama is still right there. They are No. 1 and No. 2. Being recruited by Alabama is a great feeling because it's Alabama. I am really high on Tennessee right now.

"I like what Coach Jones is doing. I watched them practice the week before. I liked what I saw just being around them and the great staff.

"They are really neck-and-neck. Tennessee just jumped out in front. I was feeling high on them after the visit. Tennessee was right behind Alabama the whole time. Alabama is right there with them now

The bold says it all. UA is the hot team and we are basically a hat on the table basically. Also Mosley went on to say that he may commit soon but if he does he will still take his OVs so his recruiting may not be over at that point. I still am convinced he is all Vol and when he commits to UT he will be done with visits.

Reactions: 2 people
“Tennessee is still my number one school. Bama is still right there. I wouldn’t say they took a far drop or anything.

“At Tennessee, I got to see the practice and wanted to see Coach Strip (Steve Stripling) and how he works with the d-line. I talked to Coach (Butch) Jones about his plans for the 2014 class. He said it’s a rebuilding process to put Tennessee back on top, but that he feels like that 2014 class coming in could make it happen.”

“I’m really not sure on when I want to decide. Right now I really don’t know. I’m going to work on setting up these officials and see where it goes from there. I know Bama, Tennessee, and Ole Miss will get (officials) for sure. Auburn should get an official. I really think I might take that last one to Georgia, too. I haven’t planned out any dates.”

- 247 - from Charles Power with BamaOnLine

Pretty confident this guy is going to be a Vol.

Also of note, for everyone wondering if he will play DL or OL in college, Mosley mentiond this:

“I focused on the d-linemen and the Kouandjios- both Cyrus and Arie. They say I’ll probably be playing d-line, but you never know, so I was watching both sides. I watched Big (Darren) Lake at nose guard and he looked good. They’re huge up front.”

Obviously, players on the Bama team aren't making the calls, but I thought it was worth sharing.

Also of note, for everyone wondering if he will play DL or OL in college, Mosley mentiond this:

Obviously, players on the Bama team aren't making the calls, but I thought it was worth sharing.

Sounds like Powers and our other guys have different versions of their conversations with Mosley. I do not think the K brothers was who he was referencing but Powers misled there.

"I know they would like for me to play the nose," he said. "I may play on the O-line. I really liked watching [Cyrus] Kouandjio. I was really watching Brandon Ivory on the defensive line. I was trying to pay attention to the nose, left tackle and a few of the guards.

Also for note his main recruiter now is C Rumph our DL coach. He did not mention one time about talking with Coach Crisotbal our OL coach. Who also happens to be one of our best recruiters at the moment.

Sounds like Powers and our other guys have different versions of their conversations with Mosley. I do not think the K brothers was who he was referencing but Powers misled there.

"I know they would like for me to play the nose," he said. "I may play on the O-line. I really liked watching [Cyrus] Kouandjio. I was really watching Brandon Ivory on the defensive line. I was trying to pay attention to the nose, left tackle and a few of the guards.

Also for note his main recruiter now is C Rumph our DL coach. He did not mention one time about talking with Coach Crisotbal our OL coach. Who also happens to be one of our best recruiters at the moment.

Thanks for sharing this. BamaOnLine's article mentioned the same thing as the bolded portion. He said he spent a lot of time talking with Rumph while visiting.

UGA should get him in for the weekend of the UT game IMO.

The entire team and staff being in Knoxville will make the indoor practice facility look bigger.

Mosley has been to Bama before. I guarantee you Bama does not have current commits recruiting Mosley as aggressive as TKJ, Vic and Co. are going after him. Peer recruiting works (i.e. UT's #1 class in 2014). I think Mosley is a Vol and he gives us flexibility in terms of OL/DL recruiting.

Ole Miss' class last year.

"Everything is still the same. Tennessee is still my number one," Mosley said. "Just being down at Tennessee last time, it was the first time I was there by myself, it was just me getting to see everything. I went to the defensive meetings and set in on everything. I got to go to practice and see the walk-throughs and everything.

"I talked to coach Jones about this class of 2014 and he just told me everything was great and they were just going to need a couple of defensive linemen and that I'm their number one guy," Mosley said. "I'm really believing in what Tennessee is doing and I'm buying in with what coach Jones has going on down there so they really became my number one."

While Mosley has hinted at making a decision sooner rather than later, he's not giving any specifics of when he'll make a decision.

"I don't know, it will probably be a surprise," Mosley said. "I'm still trying to see a couple of more places, maybe and go to a few games."

- VQ

If you are referring to me I have stated UA is not looking at him for OL many a time and that the remaining targets for our OL is CRob and Mama. I have stated he is being recruited as a DL for UA which he said in his post visit interview.
**Tennessee made an impression on Brighton (Tenn.) OL/DL Charles Mosley last week, with the four-star leaving Knoxville with the Vols as his leader. Mosley plans to return to Tuscaloosa on Saturday for UA’s scrimmage and sources feel that UA can grab back some momentum with him on campus. The Tide staff knows that this will be a battle with the in-state team as Tennessee will put up a fight for a top prospect like Mosley. The west Tennessee native is capable of playing on either side of the ball, much like an A’Shawn Robinson or Alphonse Taylor, but we feel he’ll ultimately stick at OG at the next level.

VN Store

Back