'14 TN OL/DL Charles Mosley (UT Signee 2/5/14)

**Tennessee made an impression on Brighton (Tenn.) OL/DL Charles Mosley last week, with the four-star leaving Knoxville with the Vols as his leader. Mosley plans to return to Tuscaloosa on Saturday for UA’s scrimmage and sources feel that UA can grab back some momentum with him on campus. The Tide staff knows that this will be a battle with the in-state team as Tennessee will put up a fight for a top prospect like Mosley. The west Tennessee native is capable of playing on either side of the ball, much like an A’Shawn Robinson or Alphonse Taylor, but we feel he’ll ultimately stick at OG at the next level.

I was just clarifying I never said UA was recruiting him for OL. I have stated the whole time the only way UA takes him if they feel he could play D, and Mosley confirmed that is what UA wants him at in his latest interview.

Sites will speculate all the time, but I will take Mosley's word over some writer. And if what you are quoting is right it means UA is not in it at all.

I was just clarifying I never said UA was recruiting him for OL. I have stated the whole time the only way UA takes him if they feel he could play D, and Mosley confirmed that is what UA wants him at in his latest interview.

Sites will speculate all the time, but I will take Mosley's word over some writer. And if what you are quoting is right it means UA is not in it at all.

It's not always about you TW. I know that might be shocking to you but it is something you should come to terms with.

It's not always about you TW. I know that might be shocking to you but it is something you should come to terms with.

I responded the first time to clarify and you came back with a quote from a pay site. Your original response was to a post referring to UA posters on here that do not think Mosley is a take for the DL or OL, not some speculation from a writer.

If we want to base where UA stands with him from a paysite point of view this is from Friday night during a live recruiting chat on Scout the day before Mosley was on campus and a day after the quote you just posted.

In your opinion, could Charles Mosley and Cameron Sims commit right now if they wanted to?

- Sims, yes, Mosley, no. In my opinion…though the DT group behind Matt Elam (Shaw, Frazier, Mosley) may be a first come first serve deal once Elam pulls the trigger and especially if it’s elsewhere.

I assume UT sites have the same type of Q & A sessions. The only thing I take out of that again is that UA is only considering Mosley on defense not offense.

Who cares? He was a take at one point and if we're measuring offer sheets, that's all that matters. Many kids are no longer takes for UT either. That's what happens when classes fill up.

Early in the summer Mosley could have committed to Bama, maybe he can't now, oh well. Doesn't matter.

Reactions: 1 person
"Everything is still the same. Tennessee is still my number one," Mosley said. "Just being down at Tennessee last time, it was the first time I was there by myself, it was just me getting to see everything. I went to the defensive meetings and set in on everything. I got to go to practice and see the walk-throughs and everything.

"I talked to coach Jones about this class of 2014 and he just told me everything was great and they were just going to need a couple of defensive linemen and that I'm their number one guy," Mosley said. "I'm really believing in what Tennessee is doing and I'm buying in with what coach Jones has going on down there so they really became my number one."

While Mosley has hinted at making a decision sooner rather than later, he's not giving any specifics of when he'll make a decision.

"I don't know, it will probably be a surprise," Mosley said. "I'm still trying to see a couple of more places, maybe and go to a few games."

- VQ

The last part about more visits just doesn't fit. I believe that is just a cover for building a surprise. I don't believe he takes Any more visits before announcing unless its back to Knoxville.

VB!! Very confident!!

The last part about more visits just doesn't fit. I believe that is just a cover for building a surprise. I don't believe he takes Any more visits before announcing unless its back to Knoxville.

VB!! Very confident!!

Yup. Most of our recruits have picked a special day to them to commit. Look for him to commit on his birthday which I believe is 8/26.

Who cares? He was a take at one point and if we're measuring offer sheets, that's all that matters. Many kids are no longer takes for UT either. That's what happens when classes fill up.

Early in the summer Mosley could have committed to Bama, maybe he can't now, oh well. Doesn't matter.

I said the only thing I take from that is UA is only recruiting him for the D. Whether he is a take I have no clue and the fact he still continues to visit and is now looking to take an OV to UA I would have to assume the staff still wants him. Again I never said I agreed with the writer just pointing out to the other poster that these site writers are not the best sources when it comes to them speculating.

Last edited:

VB!! Very confident!!

I said the same thing earlier. I think once he commits to UT it is done and believe he becomes a big recruiter for UT as well. I doubt he will take any visits after that. But this is what he said in the UA interview.

Mosley discussed the time-frame for a decision.

"When I get the feeling I will go ahead and commit," he said. "I don't think I'll be done though. I still want to take my visits if I don't take all my official visits before I commit."

I said the only thing I take from that is UA is only recruiting him for the D. Whether he is a take I have no clue and the fact he still continues to visit and is now looking to take an OV to UA I would have to assume the staff still wants him. Again I never said I agreed with the writer just pointing out to the other posters that these site writers are not the best sources when it comes to them speculating.

And I said, who cares? He's a take for UT and UT leads, that's all Vol fans care about right now in the recruitment of Charles Mosley.

Sorry, I'm just getting tired of this back and forth on who's a take, who isn't, when was he a take, is he still a take nonsense. Whether he's a take right now is irrelevant, he was a take at one point and that's really all that should matter if we're concerned with offer lists.

Reactions: 12 people
Thought we didn't recruit dlineman and butch didn't get it?

Word to wise....don't question the Butcher unless you enjoy being ButchSlapped

And I said, who cares? He's a take for UT and UT leads, that's all Vol fans care about right now in the recruitment of Charles Mosley.

Sorry, I'm just getting tired of this back and forth on who's a take, who isn't, when was he a take, is he still a take nonsense. Whether he's a take right now is irrelevant, he was a take at one point and that's really all that should matter if we're concerned with offer lists.

There is one important thing about if he is a take or not. It is clear that we are his top choice AND he clearly has the option to be a bammer. That makes him a damn hell of a kid to me!

Reactions: 3 people
There is one important thing about if he is a take or not. It is clear that we are his top choice AND he clearly has the option to be a bammer. That makes him a damn hell of a kid to me!

This. Who we are beating to get kids is very relevant to me.

Yup. Most of our recruits have picked a special day to them to commit. Look for him to commit on his birthday which I believe is 8/26.

Brilliant strategy on Jones part if he is telling them to pick a "special day" for them. A guy is a lot less likely to back out of a pledge that he relates to a date important to him.

Great post. Wish TW would take the hint and stop defending himself.

Pile drive him Ron pile drive him and let him know what the Ron is cooking.

Uh oh, TW's in trouble now.

1241634329_wrestling-piledriver-bounce.gif

Reactions: 2 people
Do you ever wonder if there are other Ron Swansons on other teams' boards? Well don't because there isn't. There can be only one!

Reactions: 4 people
Once Mosley commits to UT, Bama would have lost yet another recruit to UT. We are beating out the big boys for guys like Lambert, Mosley, Hurd, Kelly,Jr., Bates and others. The days of beating out Tulane, Western Carolina, and schools of that caliber are over. Times have changed because there is a new sheriff in town and he gets who he wants. Everyone else just gets the leftovers.

Butch F'n jones! Deal with it!:rock::machgun:

Reactions: 5 people
I responded the first time to clarify and you came back with a quote from a pay site. Your original response was to a post referring to UA posters on here that do not think Mosley is a take for the DL or OL, not some speculation from a writer.

If we want to base where UA stands with him from a paysite point of view this is from Friday night during a live recruiting chat on Scout the day before Mosley was on campus and a day after the quote you just posted.

In your opinion, could Charles Mosley and Cameron Sims commit right now if they wanted to?

- Sims, yes, Mosley, no. In my opinion…though the DT group behind Matt Elam (Shaw, Frazier, Mosley) may be a first come first serve deal once Elam pulls the trigger and especially if it’s elsewhere.

I assume UT sites have the same type of Q & A sessions. The only thing I take out of that again is that UA is only considering Mosley on defense not offense.

You responded to a post of mine that I never mentioned your name. I couldn't care less whether Bama wants him or not now. Ever think that Bama knows they're not getting him so they make his offer non-committable to save face? That is true Alabuba style IMO.

VN Store

Back