'14 TN OL/DL Charles Mosley (UT Signee 2/5/14)

His ride didn't work out. Tough trip from West Tenn for a noon game the morning after a late game that probably didnt end until 10 est. I wouldn't read into it.

- Fortenberry

tumblr_m8ddcuNktM1rzhv5ho1_500.gif

Reactions: 3 people
Charles Mosley announced less than a month ago on his personal Twitter account that he would be making his college decision known Oct. 4, and he’s sticking with that plan for now.

Top247 lineman Charles Mosley of Brighton (Tenn.) High School is ranked by 247Sports as the nation's No. 234 overall prospect and No. 18 defensive tackle in the 2014 class.

But there’s a chance he might want to wait a bit longer.

The Top247 senior lineman from Brighton (Tenn.) High School said his plan to announce his college decision at his team’s homecoming game Oct. 4 against Munford (Tenn.) High School is “still the same” as it was a few weeks ago, but he admitted he still would like to visit a few schools before making up his mind.

With his tentatively scheduled announcement a little more than two weeks away, Mosley said Wednesday night that he might need more time to continue exploring his options and visiting the schools he’s hoping to see.

The 6-foot-5, 345-pound Mosley said he’s already scheduled to attend Tennessee’s home game against South Alabama on Sept. 28, and he expressed interest in visiting Auburn and Georgia.

“If I don’t get down to go to a game before (Oct.) 4th to all the places I want to go, then I probably won’t be committing on the 4th,” said Mosley, who’s ranked the nation’s No. 234 overall prospect in the 2014 class by 247Sports.

“If I do get a chance to (visit those schools), then that’ll still be the same. Right now, it’s all still the same. It’ll be committing on the 4th. ... But I’m kind of thinking that I won’t be able to get to go see everybody that I want to before the 4th, so it’ll probably be a hold on that.”

Mosley said Tennessee remains at the top of his list, just ahead of Alabama, but he still hasn’t ruled out a handful of other schools that have stayed in contact with him.

“I mean, it’s really all the teams that have been recruiting me hard, basically, like Alabama, Tennessee, Ole Miss, Auburn and Mississippi State,” he said. “Georgia, they just invited me down to the game. ... It’s all those schools that I’ve really been keeping in touch with — or they’ve been contacting me and stuff, saying that they really want me.

“I told everybody I was going to give everybody a chance that offered me a scholarship, so I’m just going to keep that plan, but you never know. I want to get down and see them for games and stuff before I commit.”

Says while UT is still the leader, TN & UA are still "close together".

Reactions: 1 person
TrésDay;9183914 said:
Says while UT is still the leader, TN & UA are still "close together".

Still think it comes down to Bama having room for him. Although it doesn't sound good that he may visit a couple other SEC schools ...

Not excited at all about those comments.

If everything he said is spot on I think it's about time to tell him its oct 4th or never if he wants to wear orange.

We have been his leader for a few months now. If October 4th isn't the time for him why isn't it??

That's the question that has to be answered. He has had plenty of time to decide if we are the choice. At some point it has to asked if he is waiting on Bama? Seems possible after those comments IMO

We have been his leader for a few months now. If October 4th isn't the time for him why isn't it??

That's the question that has to be answered. He has had plenty of time to decide we are the choice. At some point it has to asked if he is waiting on Bama? Seems possible after those comments IMO

Cause he wants to see other schools and get some free stuff. He knows that aint gonna fly after Oct.4th if he committs to UT. Nothing earth shattering in those comments...IMO

That's the question that has to be answered. He has had plenty of time to decide if we are the choice. At some point it has to asked if he is waiting on Bama? Seems possible after those comments IMO

I agree. Butch will keep recruiting that position as we know. He will land a good one either way.

Cause he wants to see other schools and get some free stuff. He knows that aint gonna fly after Oct.4th if he committs to UT. Nothing earth shattering in those comments...IMO

The end game seems to keep changing. That's my issue. If he doesn't pull the trigger on the 4th I don't think he will be a vol.

VN Store

Back