'14 TN OL/DL Charles Mosley (UT Signee 2/5/14)

Mosley just turned seventeen IIRC. He still has some growing and maturing to do. He has a very high ceiling. With some coaching up and some time in a college S&C program he can be an absolute beast. I hope CBJ doesn't pass him up. Landing him will also drastically improve our chances for Richmond next year, who will probably be the top player in the state and also plays a major position of need

Mosley just turned seventeen IIRC. He still has some growing and maturing to do. He has a very high ceiling. With some coaching up and some time in a college S&C program he can be an absolute beast. I hope CBJ doesn't pass him up. Landing him will also drastically improve our chances for Richmond next year, who will probably be the top player in the state and also plays a major position of need

Agree completely. I want Mosley and Richmond in orange.

So 1,2 or 3 more seems to be the question.

The more I think about it the more I think we might be slow playing him.

Barnett and another juco might be all the spots we have.

If so its Barnett and then Mosley

I would like to hear if any of you that follow numbers closely think its possible that the staff is slowing this kid down waiting on Barnett??

Would we take another juco, Barnett, and Moseley??

I would like to hear if any of you that follow numbers closely think its possible that the staff is slowing this kid down waiting on Barnett??

Would we take another juco, Barnett, and Moseley??

Mosley is already a Vol. It is kinda tough to "slowplay" at that point.

Reactions: 3 people
Mosley is already a Vol. It is kinda tough to "slowplay" at that point.

If he decides on the 4th I completely agree. Perhaps my question is better left to discuss if he doesn't announce then.

Regardless the numbers talk is worth discussing now. We take 3 more?

Checking out his twitter account I noticed two key bits of info that would refute bruins' comment. The most recent people of "interest" he followed are mostly tennessee players or staff. Also, in the past few days he has only "favorited" comments from several tennessee fans talking about him joining us. No other schools getting that from him.

So either twitter info means something or nothing. Regardless, none of us really know what is going on behind the scenes. Lets not start the slow play/passing on guys talk until the information is out. I think he is all Vol on the 4th. Hope I'm right

Checking out his twitter account I noticed two key bits of info that would refute bruins' comment. The most recent people of "interest" he followed are mostly tennessee players or staff. Also, in the past few days he has only "favorited" comments from several tennessee fans talking about him joining us. No other schools getting that from him.

So either twitter info means something or nothing. Regardless, none of us really know what is going on behind the scenes. Lets not start the slow play/passing on guys talk until the information is out. I think he is all Vol on the 4th. Hope I'm right

Good news. I hope you are correct as well.

I am not saying we are but will if he doesnt pull trigger on the 4th. Just looking too far ahead more than likely.

Always a delay like Southwest Airlines

Hahahahaha I actually had a delay this summer with Southwest Airlines. Had a 4 hour delay from San Diego to Houston. Almost missed my flight from Houston to Atlanta because we had a whopping 10 minutes to get off one plane and get onto the next one. Southwest is terrible!

I'd like to have Mosley, regardless of if we use him as OG or DT. But I think we need to land some freak athlete DTs like Florida has had, with Floyd last year and Easley this year. We must start beating out elite teams on elite linemen both offense and defense. We need to land 5* DTs, and 5* OL. But I really like lambert I think he's a difference maker. I'm excited about our future.

I'd like to have Mosley, regardless of if we use him as OG or DT. But I think we need to land some freak athlete DTs like Florida has had, with Floyd last year and Easley this year. We must start beating out elite teams on elite linemen both offense and defense. We need to land 5* DTs, and 5* OL. But I really like lambert I think he's a difference maker. I'm excited about our future.

I have been hoping we would change our mindset on the DL with the new staff. It looks like they will stick with the thinking we need massive clogs in the middle. The uf DTs are all 275-310. I think we would be better suited to recruit leaner, quicker DTs. Williams, Humphries, Thomas, alot of good options were out there early on.

Hopefully this kid really makes a concerted effort to start eating better and getting his weight under control so he can come in and make an impact sooner rather than later.

Hendrix. He is another one of those silents. Mosley is a different story. Something went wrong about his recruitment and he is going to be delaying his commitment.

I found this interesting in the hendrix thread and it adds fuel to the staff may be slow playing this kid.

Help me out here. What is Mosley's connection to Richmond?

I found this interesting in the hendrix thread and it adds fuel to the staff may be slow playing this kid.

Yeah whenever you hear a player delay his decision, the coaches are probably involved. I think the coaches see that we really really need guys who can play now? I really think all DTs that we recruit from here out will be from the JUCO ranks. Especially with limited space.

Yeah whenever you hear a player delay his decision, the coaches are probably involved. I think the coaches see that we really really need guys who can play now? I really think all DTs that we recruit from here out will be from the JUCO ranks. Especially with limited space.

Got to recruit HS kids too. Otherwise we will forever be recruiting JUCO linemen. That's not sustainable.

Got to recruit HS kids too. Otherwise we will forever be recruiting JUCO linemen. That's not sustainable.
Its sustainable you just cant afford to miss as often. Hs dt's have got to be the hardest position to project. I like juco dt's for this reason. Id rather be stuck with a bust for 2-3 than 4-5.

VN Store

Back