'14 TN OL/DL Charles Mosley (UT Signee 2/5/14)

Update:

"Said he had a great visit yesterday for his first Tennessee game and he really liked the atmosphere. He said it did nothing but cement the Vols as the top team for him.

As for an announcement he said there's still a possibility of him announcing Friday but he's leaning towards holding off and taking some more visits. He said Wednesday he'll let everyone know if he's going to announce Friday. I'll have the full story later tonight."

-Fortenberry

Reactions: 1 person
Update:

"Said he had a great visit yesterday for his first Tennessee game and he really liked the atmosphere. He said it did nothing but cement the Vols as the top team for him.

As for an announcement he said there's still a possibility of him announcing Friday but he's leaning towards holding off and taking some more visits. He said Wednesday he'll let everyone know if he's going to announce Friday. I'll have the full story later tonight."

-Fortenberry

200.gif

Reactions: 2 people
Update:

-Fortenberry

This one is perplexing.

I can't tell if the kid is seriously wanting to extend this thing out or maybe the coaches are slow playing him.

Regardless I stick by my guess that if he doesn't announce next Friday then he won't be a vol.

It's simple, Mosley wants to take more visits. Butch told him not to commit until he's done with visits. If he commits on Friday he will say "I'm done taking visits" in his interviews. If he doesn't commit Friday he'll take more visits and possibly lose his spot at UT if another HS DT wants to commit. IMO.

Reactions: 2 people
It's simple, Mosley wants to take more visits. Butch told him not to commit until he's done with visits. If he commits on Friday he will say "I'm done taking visits" in his interviews. If he doesn't commit Friday he'll take more visits and possibly lose his spot at UT if another HS DT wants to commit. IMO.

Ron you and I are saying very close to the same thing. I agree we will keep recruiting if he won't pull the trigger.

The other possibility is we might be telling him to wait while we try to get another top notch juco DT.

Either way its now or never IMO.

As long as we get 3-4 DTs in this class with at least 2 of them being Juco kids ready to play in 2014, I'll be fine with it. Something tells me if Mosley wants to wait and take other visits, Thomas might get the go ahead to pull the trigger. I'd be fine with that.

"Everything was good. I got to meet back up with Vic (Wharton) and Jalen (Hurd) and them and met Chris Weatherd," Mosley said. "That was my first Tennessee game. I had fun. That was exactly what I wanted to see.

"Everybody said it was going to be good onceI got up on The Hill. It was exactly what I thought it was going to be and even better."

"The most fun was Pat Summitt showing up there with the Lady Vols," Mosley said. "She showed up and the next thing you know everybody is going crazy. Just to be around a living legend like that was awesome. That just showed me how fun Tennessee can be with the atmosphere like that. Everybody just started going crazy and then the D..J. cranked it up and it turned into a party."

"They are still my number one school," Mosley offered. "That was really what I wanted to see from them because I have been to games at Alabama and been around coach (Nick) Saban and I hadn't seen that with Tennessee and now I have."

-VQ

Said he chilled with Cory Thomas at the game. Will let everybody know Wednesday if he ends up deciding on Friday.

"Everything was good. I got to meet back up with Vic (Wharton) and Jalen (Hurd) and them and met Chris Weatherd," Mosley said. "That was my first Tennessee game. I had fun. That was exactly what I wanted to see.

"Everybody said it was going to be good onceI got up on The Hill. It was exactly what I thought it was going to be and even better."

"The most fun was Pat Summitt showing up there with the Lady Vols," Mosley said. "She showed up and the next thing you know everybody is going crazy. Just to be around a living legend like that was awesome. That just showed me how fun Tennessee can be with the atmosphere like that. Everybody just started going crazy and then the D..J. cranked it up and it turned into a party."

"They are still my number one school," Mosley offered. "That was really what I wanted to see from them because I have been to games at Alabama and been around coach (Nick) Saban and I hadn't seen that with Tennessee and now I have."

-VQ

Said he chilled with Cory Thomas at the game. Will let everybody know Wednesday if he ends up deciding on Friday.

love that Pat Summit's presence can hype a recruit

Hard for a good DT to lose a spot, not just here, but anywhere really. I think we'll see a few of the prospects in play schedule OVs elsewhere. We usually get two or three late OVs we might not have expected at this time.

I think Mosley and Malone needed to know for themselves they had plenty of options before committing in state... Not that Jones won't explore his options too. I see two top WRs tentatively scheduled for OVs this weekend, one that I would consider unexpected.

I have been against LV and Bruin all throughout this thread and DB's. But now I'm possibly siding with them. While I still hope BigCharles is a vol, I now completely agree with the sentiment of needing JUCO's. yes we need young talent to make us strong 3-4 years from now, but the Butch bliss period is over for me. I'm not saying its butch's fault by any means, but we need difference makers on defense. We can still add talent like Mosley to develop, but it is just as important to get game ready guys for next year as well. Hope he announces us on the 4th. And I hope we get some of the JUCO's that are on our radar too. Can we just sign 40 guys this year????

I have been against LV and Bruin all throughout this thread and DB's. But now I'm possibly siding with them. While I still hope BigCharles is a vol, I now completely agree with the sentiment of needing JUCO's. yes we need young talent to make us strong 3-4 years from now, but the Butch bliss period is over for me. I'm not saying its butch's fault by any means, but we need difference makers on defense. We can still add talent like Mosley to develop, but it is just as important to get game ready guys for next year as well. Hope he announces us on the 4th. And I hope we get some of the JUCO's that are on our radar too. Can we just sign 40 guys this year????

I am not saying I don't want him to be in this class. I want him, Barnett, Hendrix, and a juco DT but IMO its an either or thing with him and a juco especially if the berry boys are both vols.

I am not saying I don't want him to be in this class. I want him, Barnett, Hendrix, and a juco DT but IMO its an either or thing with him and a juco especially if the berry boys are both vols.

I am also fine with him being part of this class. Him being a TN kid just makes it even tougher to see him go elsewhere. If 2-3 of the Juco DTs still on the board tried to commit, I think the staff would have to lay out the situation to both Barnett and Mosley and it could be a now or never deal for them. I think Barnett is a very good DT option in 2 years. Mosley MAYBE in 3 years. His future would depend on getting his weight down, and I am just not sold on him being able to do that. I look at what Orlando Brown has done weight wise to set himself up to play earlier upon getting to UT and don't understand why Mosley has not taken the same approach. If I were coach and McDowell, Ward, and Heurtelou tried to commit, I may not be taking any HS DTs this year. We need help now on the DL.

I am also fine with him being part of this class. Him being a TN kid just makes it even tougher to see him go elsewhere. If 2-3 of the Juco DTs still on the board tried to commit, I think the staff would have to lay out the situation to both Barnett and Mosley and it could be a now or never deal for them. I think Barnett is a very good DT option in 2 years. Mosley MAYBE in 3 years. His future would depend on getting his weight down, and I am just not sold on him being able to do that. I look at what Orlando Brown has done weight wise to set himself up to play earlier upon getting to UT and don't understand why Mosley has not taken the same approach. If I were coach and McDowell, Ward, and Heurtelou tried to commit, I may not be taking any HS DTs this year. We need help now on the DL.

I would be disappointed if we didn't take any HS DT's this year. I understand the necessity to recruit for next year, but when you don't take any, you create gaps in the classes. Then, that requires you to keep recruiting JUCOS, and you simply can't miss on a JUCO prospect. I want Mosley and Barnett, and then see how things fall with others. My guess is not everyone commited right now will sign, and we may have a spot or two for JUCOS. If you add Mosley, Barnett, Hendrix, Henderson, Lambert, and one other JUCO, then it is a great haul.

I would be disappointed if we didn't take any HS DT's this year. I understand the necessity to recruit for next year, but when you don't take any, you create gaps in the classes. Then, that requires you to keep recruiting JUCOS, and you simply can't miss on a JUCO prospect. I want Mosley and Barnett, and then see how things fall with others. My guess is not everyone committed right now will sign, and we may have a spot or two for JUCOS. If you add Mosley, Barnett, Hendrix, Henderson, Lambert, and one other JUCO, then it is a great haul.

That would be a great haul! That's what I'm hoping for anyway. Would like that JUCO to be McDowell. He is ready to play now. Heurtelou is not far behind. Jihad Ward would not provide immediate help...if ever. Not in love with his highlights. Always standing up and going around people...no push at point of attack. He looks like a WR trying to play DL. Defensive line is pad level and defeating blocks.

If we ultimately land Mosley, Hendrix, Henderson, Barnett, Lambert, and another DL (probably JUCO), no one should be complaining. That is a great DL class.

JUCO and HS and the perceived difference is being overrated in here. Vereen and his performances to date are a perfect example. It is not inconceivable that a freshman out of HS can meaningfully contribute.

VN Store

Back