'14 TN OL/DL Charles Mosley (UT Signee 2/5/14)

- Per Fortenberry on whether Mosley will announce Friday

VQ was the one thing keeping the confidence level high here. Now not so much!

I am going to make a huge jump and say that IMO Moseley isn't a take right now. Friday without an announcement and that isn't very outlandish IMO.

Reactions: 1 person
It doesn't take much to be considered a "booster" of a certain team or program; don't have to be a donor, ticket holder or alumnus, I don't believe.

I am going to make a huge jump and say that IMO Moseley isn't a take right now. Friday without an announcement and that isn't very outlandish IMO.

Seems like a kid who wants to see some football games on someone else's dime to me. Wish I had the same opportunity.

I don't see why people are writing Mosley off just because he's pushing the commitment date back. Some kids like the publicity of extending the process so more people pay attention to their decision.

I doubt that. Hubbs and Fortenberry continue to say that Mosley is at the top of the coaches board, he's a high priority. And I doubt they would lie about that, they certainly didn't hold back when the coaches were going to pass on guys like Williams, Ford and Humphreys.

I've always said that if I won the lottery, I would donate some money to Alabama and go make it rain on some prospects, all while being "secretly" video taped.

So what you are saying is that if you win the lottery you are going to secretly video tape you making it rain on teenage boys??? I don't think that's a good look man that got joe pa fired :)

I doubt that. Hubbs and Fortenberry continue to say that Mosley is at the top of the coaches board, he's a high priority. And I doubt they would lie about that, they certainly didn't hold back when the coaches were going to pass on guys like Williams, Ford and Humphreys.

Very good point.

Only rebuttal would be the coaches are keeping this one tight lipped because slow playing an in state kid might hurt PR wise.

It's certainly normally foolish to go against VQ no doubt. Just jumping our on a limb this time

Very good point.

Only rebuttal would be the coaches are keeping this one tight lipped because slow playing an in state kid might hurt PR wise.

It's certainly normally foolish to go against VQ no doubt. Just jumping our on a limb this time

Sometimes I wonder if you have fallen off the limb head first one too many times :)

Prior relationship is the key IMO. A booster that has a prior relationship would be in no violation if they allowed a kid to ride to a game with them.

Again the NCAA would have issue with a school connecting boosters to a recruit for transportation.

I would be considered a booster and I have given prospects rides to the games. However one was in HS with my child and the other one's aunt worked for me. Neither ended up at UT. One went to another sport and the other was bought off by a school in a different conference. I didn't turn them in because I didn't know whether we might be doing the same thing.

I actually think the delay could be good for us. Not sure it's too wise from Charles as both classes of his top 2 are filling up. I still think if he wants to be a Vol at any point, we take him.

“i am not going to commit this friday. I decided to just wait until after my official visits are over. I plan on taking my visits in december and i will be going to tennessee, alabama, ole miss and auburn. I am not sure on the fifth one yet," said mosley.

“it was a hard decision. I can just see myself going to all of those schools and i have a good connection with the coaches there.”

“tennessee is still my leader, but alabama is still right there with them and ole miss too. Everybody is just recruiting me real hard.”

“i had a good talk with coach saban today. He was just telling me that they need defensive lineman right now and he thinks i would have a shot of playing and asking how my season was going and seeing the next time i am coming down.”

“i know that i will be at the lsu game and i will make sure that i am at the tennessee game. That is one that i have to see.”

“i went to the tennessee game last weekend. It was a great time and it was what i wanted to see.

“i might be going to knoxville for the tennessee-georgia game, but i don’t know for sure just yet.”

He gone
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I understand why guys have been weary of coming here the last few years; however, the opportunity to play now is here and we have a new system and a new head coach. I try to take my orange sunglasses off and understand the situation at hand, but it's guys like Alvin Kamara last year who get on the Alabama bus just to never see playing time when he could have came here and played instantly at RB. Some of these guys must be blind or dumb to believe they are going to come in to places like Bama or LSU and start right away if they aren't the elite of the elite out of high school. Alabama has 2 maybe 3 pure freshman on their 2 deep roster right now, one of which was the best ILB in the country last year in Foster.

Ok so who is going to apologize to BurninOrange or whatever his name is. He got killed by some of you clowns, when he said look for Mosley to delay his decision and not be apart of this class. This means we picked up another commitment from someone else most likely.

Mine was actually a shout out to Ron's earlier post...I'm not really feeling a yay or nay on this one...might depend on how we're playing by the end of the year
Posted via VolNation Mobile

What do you mean?

I think we will move on if the opportunity presents itself. If Blair, McDowdell, Elam, etc., were being less actively recruited in hopes that Mosley would commit Friday, I doubt they will be any longer. I think we begin to press for other lineman vs getting left at the altar for a guy who isn't an immediate contributor anyway.

JMO...I won't pretend to know what Butch is thinking.

Last edited:
This is one that I can honestly say that I would not be upset if we don't land him. I know he plays a couple of positions of need, but his lack of effort to address his weight, screams lack of motivation. I don't want someone that does not give his all for Tennessee, and I don't think he really cares IMO. He just seems like he is along for a free ride. This is JMO, but I think we are in on better guys than Moseley.

I also know that I was one of the ones that said that he might be a silent, but I am not so sure now.

This is one that I can honestly say that I would not be upset if we don't land him. I know he plays a couple of positions of need, but his lack of effort to address his weight, screams lack of motivation. I don't want someone that does not give his all for Tennessee, and I don't think he really cares IMO. He just seems like he is along for a free ride. This is JMO, but I think we are in on better guys than Moseley.

I also know that I was one of the ones that said that he might be a silent, but I am not so sure now.

I think its utterly retarded (and I don't use the word very often at all) to make these negative speculative comments in the thread of a kid who says we are his leader.

I don't remember if Mosely has or not, but other recruits like Mouhon and Weatherd have clearly read these forums.

Any speculative personal comments about a 17 year old kid's work ethic etc. should he kept to yourself, unless you know said recruit personally and he knows who you are.

VN Store

Back