2023 NCAA Post Season (HOSTING) Discussion Thread - Merged

Will the Vols make it to NCAA Tournament in 2023

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The hosting candidates outside of the SEC this year are incredibly weak. The only reason Tennessee won’t host when you consider the 20 teams most likely to host is because we’re the 9th team in the SEC pecking order. The committee doesn’t have the balls to put 9 SEC teams as hosts.

We only have ourselves to blame for not hosting. We lost games we shouldn’t have lost early in the season and they are haunting us. But, even with those losses, the rest of the bubble is so incredibly weak that we’re still a worthy hosting candidate we just won’t host because there would be an uproar across college baseball if 9 SEC teams got to host.

qft.

Off topic just looking around and seen the list of CWS winners,my goodness there will never be another run like USC winners of 5 on a row and 6/7 that is impressive. That's USC Trogans

Tennessee now up to 18
D1 Has issued a midweek projection and has Tennessee really as the top 2 seed playing at #16 host seed Indiana State.

D1Baseball Field of 64 Projections: May 25 • D1Baseball

The other 2 teams are #3 Irvine Anteaters and #4 Wright State.

SEC has projected 10 bids
ACC 9
Big12 - 7
Pac12- 6

The Big12 is officially in a panic as they may realistically have ZERO hosts in NCAA play.

D1 has Coastal Carolina fairly high at #9.

Reactions: Volstylexx
Guys,

I know we are SEC fans. But I just don't' get

Auburn 10
Alabama 11
Kentucky 12

I have to believe in most years, none of those teams would be hosting.

I guess what I'm saying, there's not a lot of parity right now. I looked at the #2 seeds and no one jumps out as being better than those three teams.

I have to believe there will be tons of host team losing next weekend. Especially those teams without a strong atmosphere like Kentucky, Auburn, Alabama, Boston College, Wake Forest, etc

ONE quad 1 win UCONN “in the mix to host.” They have more quad 4 losses than they have quad one wins. Ridiculous

@fryeguy93 banished Collegiate Baseball from the rankings update for being rubes late in the season. I think D1 is providing cover for the NCAA committee to do whatever the hell they want with limited repercussions.

Guys,

Auburn 10
Alabama 11
Kentucky 12

I guess what I'm saying, there's not a lot of parity right now. I looked at the #2 seeds and no one jumps out as being better than those three teams.

I have to believe there will be tons of host team losing next weekend. Especially those teams without a strong atmosphere like Kentucky, Auburn, Alabama, Boston College, Wake Forest, etc
Who is SEC fans Tennessee is only SEC school I pull for the rest can kick rocks

Guys,

Auburn 10
Alabama 11
Kentucky 12

It’s been a very strange year for college baseball. I think you’re seeing so many inflated RPIs in the SEC right now because the rest of college baseball is so mediocre. Kentucky having the #1 or #2 RPI for most of the year while losing 6 out of their last 7 series and holding onto a hosting spot is baffling. It just shows you how weird numbers and formulas can be sometimes. I’m not sure how a team loses as much as UK did down the stretch and stays so highly regarded.

I do think we’re positioned for a chaotic post-season. I expect one. But the weird thing about sports is when you think you’re poised for chaos it’s typically when you get the most chalky post-season with few upsets.

If we can’t host, I take this regional 10 times out of 10. If we can’t beat Indiana State and UC Irvine we don’t deserve to go to Omaha anyway. Indiana State fans? Nonexistent. We’ll outnumber them in their own tiny stadium. It’s the best case scenario for a road regional.
Website states holds 2,000 people

Reactions: knoxvol52
Also SIAP but Texas lost to KSU and WVU and Okie State are in an elimination game right now. It really looks like the Big 12 won’t be hosting.

I'm not going to make my decision whether we get screwed or not til Monday.If we don't host and end up in the projected Regional were in with Indiana St.,I will be okay with that kinda like committee saying your a host but not hosting.If we can't beat Indiana St. At their house we should be embarrassed.

This may be one of those years where the committee says “screw it” and gives the SEC 9 hosting spots.
There Big12 and Pac12 are making this decision for them.
I know the committee would like to grow the sport but does giving a regional to the Sycamores do that? They got their ceiling this year. That’s it. They’re not going to be a perennial power.

The committee could give the SEC everything they want and no one- at least another P5 conference could really put up an argument.

Stanford and Coastal host and then divide up the rest between SEC and ACC. 9 and 5 respectively

As the sport is growing, perhaps it’s time to start considering neutral sites. Perhaps 8 regionals with 8 teams in double elimination over 5 days. You’d see teams-I’m looking at you LSU, start caring more about pitching depth.

I'm not going to make my decision whether we get screwed or not til Monday.If we don't host and end up in the projected Regional were in with Indiana St.,I will be okay with that kinda like committee saying your a host but not hosting.If we can't beat Indiana St. At their house we should be embarrassed.

I say let’s go to Winston-Salem right off the bat for regional play. Shock the world and be ready to host supers when the 16 seed loses their region

This may be one of those years where the committee says “screw it” and gives the SEC 9 hosting spots.
I know the committee would like to grow the sport but does giving a regional to the Sycamores do that? They got their ceiling this year. That’s it. They’re not going to be a perennial power.

The committee could give the SEC everything they want and no one- at least another P5 conference could really put up an argument.

Stanford and Coastal host and then divide up the rest between SEC and ACC. 9 and 5 respectively

As the sport is growing, perhaps it’s time to start considering neutral sites. Perhaps 8 regionals with 8 teams in double elimination over 5 days. You’d see teams-I’m looking at you LSU, start caring more about pitching depth.
Home sites favor us long term. No losing plans.

Reactions: chuckiepoo

Remember Georgia Southern hosted last year and everyone throwed a big stink

That's a good idea cut off the head of the snake Wake is number 1 start with them

Wake would be more upset UT was put there than we’d be for being sent there.

The closest SEC team to their campus, with a loyal fanbase, excellent pitching and swagger out the wazoo. It would be ESPN’s prime region a heartbeat.

LET’S DO IT!!!
try to keep out the orange

VN Store

Back