2023 NCAA Post Season (HOSTING) Discussion Thread - Merged

Will the Vols make it to NCAA Tournament in 2023

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I am interested. How would you structure the rule change?

Regular season champion > autobid?
There wouldn’t be much to change. You could still have the conference tournaments like they have been doing. Regular season champion gets the automatic bid. If there are co-champs then the #1 seed in the conference after tiebreakers gets the automatic bid for the NCAAT.

Reactions: nashvillepanther
Well, I guess there's only one thing left to do....

major-league.gif

What changes need to be made to next year’s schedule? OOC away games or just stronger OOC?
I dont mind playing this smaller school midweek games. Lets just play a few more of them on the road. I think it would be good for the players to get a few more road games under their belt for conference road games. Plus it gives UT fans that dont live near Knoxville a better shot at seeing them play.

Nope. We have more arm talent and overall talent and we played much better schedule with much better wins.
We may have played some higher ranked RPI teams but Clemson played 32 Q1 games and went 23-9 while we went 13-17. I believe we’re capable of beating them but you’re grossly underestimating their accomplishments and the level they’re playing at right now. Like us, the team from early March isn’t the team they’re fielding today.

There wouldn’t be much to change. You could still have the conference tournaments like they have been doing. Regular season champion gets the automatic bid. If there are co-champs then the #1 seed in the conference after tiebreakers gets the automatic bid for the NCAAT.
Never happen conference tournaments are for teams that finished lower in league and middle of league a chance to make NCAA tournament,you take away the automatic bids the fans interest would dwindle.If I'm 10-8 Mississippi State in conference and I know my only chance to play in NCAA Tourney is to win SEC tourney and you take that away there would be no reason to play at all.

Guys just have to take it one game at a time. We have the pitching to go all the way. We need a couple of the guys in a slump to get better now. It's time to start dancing in the street, well after we win all the through Omaha. GBO 💥

Pre-draw, if you had offered me a trip to Omaha for beating Clemson and Auburn/USM, I would have said "Yes" to that deal.

Just gotta hit. Plenty of pitching...can afford the quick hook this year with our depth.

Last edited:
Why? They've got a significantly bigger park. I would think the gate receipts would be the biggest factor.

Exactly. Committee would pick USM without hesitation. The seeding showed they had SEC fatigue and they’ll use the opportunity to get a non P5 host if given the chance. I don’t even think it would be a close discussion.

VN Store

Back