2023 NCAA Post Season (HOSTING) Discussion Thread - Merged

Will the Vols make it to NCAA Tournament in 2023

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I dont mind playing this smaller school midweek games. Lets just play a few more of them on the road. I think it would be good for the players to get a few more road games under their belt for conference road games. Plus it gives UT fans that dont live near Knoxville a better shot at seeing them play.
I think the home midweek games is to help with the new stadium. What’s the field conditions of these smaller instate schools?

I think the home midweek games is to help with the new stadium. What’s the field conditions of these smaller instate schools?
It’s about $ . For UT and the visiting team. We scheduled Gonzaga this year as tougher out of conference team . No way to know that they wouldn’t be that good this year. We also try and schedule a lot of instate teams for Tuesday night games. Hard to get a good team to come in and only play one game. I think BC did it this year

Reactions: Volfan1000
Exactly. Committee would pick USM without hesitation. The seeding showed they had SEC fatigue and they’ll use the opportunity to get a non P5 host if given the chance. I don’t even think it would be a close discussion.

I’m not saying they won’t pick USM, but without hesitation is a bit extreme. Knoxville is a significantly bigger city than Hattiesburg, and it’s not like 2,000 extra seats is THAT big of a difference and it’s not going to pull in that much more money.

Reactions: mr.checkerboards
I’m not saying they won’t pick USM, but without hesitation is a bit extreme. Knoxville is a significantly bigger city than Hattiesburg, and it’s not like 2,000 extra seats is THAT big of a difference and it’s not going to pull in that much more money.
Exactly, plus Knoxville has the hotels to accommodate, I doubt Hattiesburg does.

Hattiesburg could host a Super Regional. They hosted a Regional last year. I’m just not convinced it’s a slam dunk that they would beat out Tennessee for the spot IF we both make it. That’s a lot of ifs.
Im hoping the scenario happens, so we can say I told you so when Tennessee hosts.

So the best hitter for Charlotte Cam Fisher is from Knoxville and has 30 HRs on the season. How is he not in Orange?
I don’t know. He started at Ole Miss. Plays right, great arm. Good person too. He was an Owl the past two summers. A scout told me he was a mid round pick last year, then Cam didn’t get picked. I’m glad he’s proving them wrong this season.

Clemson Stadium:

"Doug Kingsmore Stadium has over 4,500 permanent seats, but is capable of holding 6,272 fans thanks to a hill area down the left-field line that is popular with the Clemson student body. The stadium attendance record was set on March 6, 2022, when 6,636 fans saw Clemson defeat South Carolina 5-2 and finish the series sweep."

Doug Kingsmore Stadium
Can’t wait to cheer on the Vols at that beautiful stadium!

I don’t think it will have anything to do with the size of the city. Hattiesburg is a cool city with more than sufficient number of hotel rooms. I think the committee told us everything we need to know about how they view the Vols today when they sent us off to the overall #4 seed. I know they don’t seed 1-64, but the locations and seeding does tell us they thought USM was a significantly better team than the Vols. What a world it would be if we can legitimately have this conversation come Monday lol.

There is a fine line here because when you tell your players to stop playing with emotion, you are going to have issues. You want a pitcher who doesn’t want to come out. At some point, I agree that you have to let your coach argue for you, and TV will do that. But he’s a player’s coach and going to let his guys be themselves. It’s part of why he recruits so well.

Bumgarner and West have a serious stare-down

And yet, the link above is one of my favorite things I've seen in baseball, then the exchange of nods.
Buster Posey's was awesome too.

Thank you for your reply.

Reactions: VolGee4
Will UK’s RPI go up when they bounced from their own regional?

think about the audacity of the situation.

(1) UK knew there was a annual music festival at Red Mile and surely found out there were no hotels available for large block reservations before making their bid.
(2) UK is still charging for the dorm space for the visiting teams. No need to not make the visiting schools feel better about the situation.
(3) UK thinks stating the dorm is named after a former male cheerleader is a selling point
(4) UK still opted to play the day game knowing this would put the #2 and 3 seeds fans in a worse bind for accommodations that night.
(5) You will note, Kentucky did not reserve space for the visitors in their basketball dorm Wildcat Lodge

Should Kentucky and LSU both win their regions, LSU should require Kentucky stay in one of their crappy dorm- not a dorm meant for Tiger athletes

For a baseball school, Clemson is pretty easy to get tickets to. A grad school buddy of mine over there secured 2 books in the matter of 20 minutes. Looking forward to seeing us at least one more time and getting back to a place I haven’t been to in 14 years.
A poster on Vol baseball group on Facebook called and said they were told it is sold out. Wednesday would be Standing room tickets. Not ideal.

Tuscaloosa (16) surprise!

Alabama
Boston College
Troy
Nicholls State

Go Eagles!
BC will beat the Tide. Love it

Love that y'all can join me as a BC fan now!

boston-college.gif

A poster on Vol baseball group on Facebook called and said they were told it is sold out. Wednesday would be Standing room tickets. Not ideal.

The Clemson board says only tickets for them are SRO
I believe the host is required to set aside regular seating for visiting fans.
Which is why so many people complained about tickets being moved for post season

By Sunday after Clemson is eliminated, tickets should be easy to grab

VN Store

Back