2023 NCAA Post Season (HOSTING) Discussion Thread - Merged

Will the Vols make it to NCAA Tournament in 2023

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have never wanted an SEC team to lose a region more than Kentucky.

the bush league housing issues, the crappy attendance, the 10th best team in league hosting because of lucky scheduling in February.

I want West Virginia, Ball State and Indiana to crush them and I want the UK Athletic Department to look as bad as possible that they'll never get a bid again.

The Clemson board says only tickets for them are SRO
I believe the host is required to set aside regular seating for visiting fans.
Which is why so many people complained about tickets being moved for post season

By Sunday after Clemson is eliminated, tickets should be easy to grab
Clemson is no joke. Hope you’re right but I have a feeling they will be playing on Sunday.

Last edited:
Which is why so many people complained about tickets being moved for post season

I’m potentially buying up to 11 tix behind home plate for Friday’s game vs Charlotte. After @preacherman20, you and OJ are first on my list for tickets.

I’m surprised tix aren’t more available for the non Clemson games, the Campbell v GT game was an empty wasteland last year

I assume they mean all session tickets. I'm sure Friday night game will be available all over the place. Problem is, if I'm going Friday I'm going to want to go on Saturday and that's where I'm afraid of getting jobbed
I’m in the same boat. Going Friday and will be scalping tix for Sat and Sun.

I’m looking up tix and for Friday I see standby room for 50 and an actual seat for 80 on some site called ticket center. Surely they’re gonna be cheaper than that for Friday night right? Also shouldn’t they be on other sites too?

A poster on Vol baseball group on Facebook called and said they were told it is sold out. Wednesday would be Standing room tickets. Not ideal.
I was meaning more from the standpoint that we had to reserve tickets 2 weeks ago if we were to host whereas Clemson donors were able to just login when they went on sale and purchase them first come first serve.

Actually second come second serve. The main donors got first shot and season ticket holders got theirs. The other IPTAY donors got next shot. Then the SRO will go on sale tomorrow. Much like ours. Season ticket holders got first shot and certain areas got moved. We got 200 tickets per our game. Part go to families and part to whomever else. I’m assuming high UT employees and donors.

Reactions: StarRaider
Actually second come second serve. The main donors got first shot and season ticket holders got theirs. The other IPTAY donors got next shot. Then the SRO will go on sale tomorrow. Much like ours. Season ticket holders got first shot and certain areas got moved. We got 200 tickets per our game. Part go to families and part to whomever else. I’m assuming high UT employees and donors.
Wonder if there was a limit for the peasant IPTAY members? My buddy asked me how many I wanted, I said 2 so he got 2 for me and 1 for himself with no hiccups. If he could’ve grabbed more he could’ve made a killing off UT fans lol.

Reactions: knoxvol52
UK's AD is in shambles. Who submitted their bid :eek:? Huge lack of foresight for a team with a Top 5 RPI wire to wire (although they aren't nearly that good)

I bet they were surprised when they got the bid.,

Keep in mind, they're only a host because of a mathematical anomaly, not because they actually played like a top-16 team.

Campbell did but I don't believe any school should be able to host off-campus anyway. Kentucky loves the petty advantage this bid gives them. Three opponents sleeping in crappy twin beds and facilities.

Boston College or several other teams deserved to host more than Kentucky and the fact the NCAA bent over backwards to give them the bid with no large hotel blocks available looks dubious.

Kentucky could still have hosted in super region and could have been a #1 seed at another site like Boston, Morgantown, Greenville, NC, or Hattiesburg. But they deserved more to be a 2 seed at one of those sites anyway.

The committee simply crammed a square peg in a round hole and the visiting teams and their families have to suffer all for a team with little consistent fan support and soft resume.

NCAA should have required the UK players to stay in the same dorms as I bet not a single Wildcat - at least sophomore or older, lives in a dorm.

Last edited:
Did they really double book the field too?Screen Shot 2023-06-01 at 4.52.47 PM.png
Screen Shot 2023-06-01 at 4.54.45 PM.pngScreen Shot 2023-06-01 at 4.55.26 PM.png
What's worse really are the many Kentucky fans defending this "great" deal.

Reactions: chuckiepoo

VN Store

Back