2024 Presidential Race

SCOTUS will surely overrule the SC of CO and Donny very well could beat Biden in the general, all of this plausible. However, I don't think that he gets more support than he already has, his base isn't going to budge no matter what he's charged with or convicted of. Still, I enjoy watching Donny get his comeuppance in court after court.

SCOTUS will surely overrule the SC of CO and Donny very well could beat Biden in the general, all of this plausible. However, I don't think that he gets more support than he already has, his base isn't going to budge no matter what he's charged with or convicted of. Still, I enjoy watching Donny get his comeuppance in court after court.
Imagine how much you are going to enjoy watching as he gets sworn into office. And his speech. And his state of the union. Etc. Oh how glorious it’s gonna be Septdic!!

Reactions: dovervolz
Imagine how much you are going to enjoy watching as he gets sworn into office. And his speech. And his state of the union. Etc. Oh how glorious it’s gonna be Septdic!!

The question is, will his fellow inmates be a part of a live studio audience?

Of course the SCOTUS will overrule it. It's a baseless claim and has not been proven in court.

Of course the SCOTUS will overrule it. It's a baseless claim and has not been proven in court.

Baseless? Given that at least 5 judges weighed the claim and found it to have merit, I'd say it being baseless is at least debatable.

It definitely hasn't been "proven in court" - but does the 14th read that it needs to be? "Engaged in insurrection" or "given comfort or aid" to doesn't necessarily translate to 'must be convicted of.'

Section 3 Disqualification from Holding Office​

No person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice-President, or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any State, who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as a member of any State legislature, or as an executive or judicial officer of any State, to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof. But Congress may by a vote of two-thirds of each House, remove such disability.

I agree that SCOTUS will likely overturn it due to the courts conservative make up - though with much teeth gnashing since they've been pimping the 10th hard.

shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof.

Still haven't proven that...

On the same token, the 14th also allows for the Due Process. Which hasn't happened...

No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

Actually, no. There never has been an official charge of "insurrection" to the intent of the law.

The CO justices are ruling there was an insurrection when it's never been formally charged against anyone.

There was a civil suit in the CO courts and Trump lost. So he received due process.

Reactions: Septic
Still haven't proven that...

On the same token, the 14th also allows for the Due Process. Which hasn't happened...

Proven what? I think you're conflating that he must be charged and convicted of insurrection. IANAL but that's not what the 14th states must happen - it simply says "engaged in" which is.... subjective. But that's what it says.

No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

Which of these is Trump being deprived of?

VN Store

Back