2024 Presidential Race

jmo... but I'm fairly certain that's today's politics have gone well beyond "name calling".

Precisely. It’s always been ugly, but today American politics has now graduated to attacking a rival with it’s justice department, it’s a whole new level of ugly. We’ve reached Banana Republic status.

jmo... but I'm fairly certain that's today's politics have gone well beyond "name calling".
They did back then as well. My point was that we've seen this uglyness from the very beginning but continue to support those who engage in it. We get what we ask for

I blame the independents who think they are being noble by staying out of party politics. They allow 15% of the voters to control either party and pick a candidate that most of us don't want.
That's an angle few consider. We have certainly let the system evolve to a point where a small percentage of each extreme have control. Ultimately, the only people to blame are the 60-70% of people who consider themselves in the middle.

Reactions: EasternVol
lol.....I'm not sure that I've seen you offer any viable alternative.

Nothing easier than claiming you are above it all and washing your hands of any responsibility.
I've seen one or 2 main party candidates in the last decade that I would possibly support. You support whatever party turd you're served up. Stop doing that and things may change

They did back then as well. My point was that we've seen this uglyness from the very beginning but continue to support those who engage in it. We get what we ask for
Let's just say that I would much rather prefer Biden and Trump duel it out like Burr-Hamilton, rather than potentially corrupting the judicial system, and other agencies through false dossiers, etc.

I've seen one or 2 main party candidates in the last decade that I would possibly support. You support whatever party turd you're served up. Stop doing that and things may change
So what exactly is your alternative? Stop voting??????? Brilliant.

There is no quick or easy fix. Instead of continuing to gradually get worse, we need to gradually get better.

Instead of continuing to gradually go into increasing debt, we need to gradually lessen our debt.

To many of the non-thinking operate under the assumption that if there isn't a quick fix, there is no fix.
The complete obsession with short term is a large part of how we've ended up where we are.

Reactions: BernardKingGOAT
So what exactly is your alternative? Stop voting??????? Brilliant.

There is no quick or easy fix. Instead of continuing to gradually get worse, we need to gradually get better.

Instead of continuing to gradually go into increasing debt, we need to gradually lessen our debt.

To many of the non-thinking operate under the assumption that if there isn't a quick fix, there is no fix.
The complete obsession with short term is a large part of how we've ended up where we are.
You're not voting for anyone except who you're told. They rig the system and you eat it up. So yes, not voting is preferable to what you do

Lessen our debt = support people spending trillions we don't have. Flipping brilliant

You're not voting for anyone except who you're told. They rig the system and you eat it up. So yes, not voting is preferable to what you do

Lessen our debt = support people spending trillions we don't have. Flipping brilliant
So in summary, you have no alternative.

Got it.

Yes I vote for alternatives every election. You vote for a single letter

Please tell me again which candidate you support who wants to pay off any debt. Heck, which one just wants to even lower the deficit?
None seem to want to at this point.....which was my point.

Until we continually and consistently vote for the "less bad" candidate, we will remain on our current path.

The 3rd party throw away votes just make the "more bad" candidate giggle.

None seem to want to at this point.....which was my point.

Until we continually and consistently vote for the "less bad" candidate, we will remain on our current path.

The 3rd party throw away votes just make the "more bad" candidate giggle.
You vote for a guy with dementia sending hundreds of billions we don't have to fund foreign wars while essentially erasing our border and my vote is a throw away?

You vote for a guy with dementia sending hundreds of billions we don't have to fund foreign wars while essentially erasing our border and my vote is a throw away?
I DID NOT VOTE FOR HIM IN THE PRIMARY BECAUSE HE WAS NOT THE "LESS BAD".

I WILL UNFORTUNATELY VOTE FOR HIM IN THE GENERAL BECAUSE HE WILL BE THE "LESS BAD" OF THE TWO VIABLE CANDIDATES.

Still hoping that Biden / trump are not the two viable candidates.

Do you honestly think that the United States wouldn't still be sending financial aid packages to Israel if Donald Trump was President? Get real. Netanyahu and Trump were besties. As a matter of fact, the Trump Administration authorized even more financial aid to Israel, than the Biden Administration has. There is nothing wrong with that position, however. It is what the United States has always done for Israel, especially whenever they have been at war or whenever they have faced the likelihood of war.

So, why are you only making an issue of this, now that a Democrat is the President of the United States?
I’m not.
I’ve been bitching about giving away money we don’t have for years. Trump doing it and Biden upping it 1000% is irrelevant to the problem. It needs to stop.

My question is what happened to the “no more blood for oil” left that was so outspoken when Bush was president

I WILL UNFORTUNATELY VOTE FOR HIM IN THE GENERAL BECAUSE HE WILL BE THE "LESS BAD" OF THE TWO VIABLE CANDIDATES.

Stop supporting the destruction of our country

You continue to act as if your vote mattered in the primary. That was rigged yet again and you fall for it

VN Store

Back