2024 WNBA Discussion Thread

Gotta give it up for the Sparks effort. They never phone it in no matter the circumstances. Credit to Curt.

Grreat game for Rae, had 16 pts on 6-10 shooting, had 3 3s. Also 2 rebs and 3 assists.

OTOH, it was RIckea's worst game since early in the season and two straight games with miserable shooting. I'd trade that uber hot streak from a few games ago for some consistency. Just 5 pts, first time not in double figures in a long time and didn't play in the 4th qtr. Got to do better obviously.

Sims had a great game. Sure hope the Sparks keep her.

On to Chicago Friday night.

Last edited:
Gotta give it up for the Sparks effort. They never phone it in no matter the circumstances. Credit to Curt.

Grreat game for Rae, had 16 pts on 6-10 shooting, had 3 3s. Also 2 rebs and 3 assists.

OTOH, it was RIckea's worst game since early in the season and two straight games with miserable shooting. I'd trade that uber hot streak from a few games ago for some consistency. Just 5 pts, first time not in double figures in a long time and didn't play in the 4th qtr. Got to do better obviously.

Kea hitting the rookie wall a little. This is when it happens, especially when you know playoffs is out. Still a hooper.

Don't think it has anything to do with a wall or the playoffs. She's getting to her spots and getting her shots. Just cold as ice the last two games.

Just over use, no legs. That’s why the wall happens. Rookies go from college directly into the season, no time to recover or prepare. That’s a lot of miles on your body in a short period of time. Particularly with all the quick turn-around travel.

More with the condensing of the schedule for the Olympics.

Just over use, no legs. That’s why the wall happens. Rookies go from college directly into the season, no time to recover or prepare. That’s a lot of miles on your body in a short period of time. Particularly with all the quick turn-around travel.

More with the condensing of the schedule for the Olympics.
Just two games ago she was on a four game streak where she was shooting lights out on the same tired legs. Truthfully, Rickea's shot has been inconsistent all season. She's getting her shots in her spots pretty consistently, just hot and cold on them. And she's always been inconsistent fm 3.

Hard to tell, but I'd say it's more a confidence thing then a tired thing. When she misses a few she locks up a little. She'll level up though, hopefully in these last half dozen games.

Sims had a great game. Sure hope the Sparks keep her.

Hard to believe that sims keeps floating around on emergency contracts. She has been an upgrade at pg for sparks. Rae showing out!! I thought Rickea would get going after her 3 pt play, she got plenty of good looks but alas….

Pondering on it last night, I think Rae Burrell could be an incredible fit on this Fever team. She has elevated her game and she’s getting no respect in LA. She is the perfect guard/SF combo for them. Three level scorer, high motor, will get a rebound and play some D.

If possible I’d love to see her in Indy, think she’d have a blast and it would be great for her career.

Rickea would also be a great fit there. Can you imagine RJ and CC on the same team? We know Kea can catch a pass, she makes it look easy with two players draped on her. Imagine what she could do in the W wide open off a CC pass out of the double.

Pondering on it last night, I think Rae Burrell could be an incredible fit on this Fever team. She has elevated her game and she’s getting no respect in LA. She is the perfect guard/SF combo for them. Three level scorer, high motor, will get a rebound and play some D.

If possible I’d love to see her in Indy, think she’d have a blast and it would be great for her career.

Rickea would also be a great fit there. Can you imagine RJ and CC on the same team? We know Kea can catch a pass, she makes it look easy with two players draped on her. Imagine what she could do in the W wide open off a CC pass out of the double.
You'd condemn our beloved players to spending their careers in Indianapolis?? Lol

You must not live to an area where all their residents are fleeing. Have you been downtown in LA or San Francisco lately?

Pack lite. You may not need your return flight.
I stayed in downtown LA last winter. Yes, there is a homelessness crisis in LA, but I don't understand you saying that living in LA would be hell on earth for a WNBA player. There's so much to see and do, incredible food, etc. - including downtown.

VN Store

Back