2024 WNBA Discussion Thread

The race for the 8th spot is gonna be fun to watch. Sky, Mystics, and the Dream are neck and neck for the final spot.
Sky plays the Sparks in Chicago at 9:30 tonight on Ion. BC the Sparks nevere get a break, Chennedy will be back and probably ends any chance for the Sparks to win. I just hope RJ has a better game and Rae stays on her current path.

I'm not saying there's causality here, but once again Jordan H got very limited playing time in favor of Gabby Williams and once again the Storm lost. Jordy only played 8 mins, had 2 pts and 2 rebs but also 2 t.o.s. Got pulled and I'm not sure she even played in the second half. Mercedes only played 7 mins, the storm went almost exclusively with their starters.

Williams had a good game, but the other big 3, Diggins, Loyd and Nnecka were a combined 14-40. They've never really clicked and the very last thing they needed was another shoot first player in the starting lineup. Storm have lost much more than won since they got her and drastically cut Jordy's playing time.

Gonna keep us abreast? I’m watching the Astros.
Sparks playing really well, pounding the ball into Rickea who has a post mismatch and is on a tear getting to the rim. Up to 13 pts halfway thru the 2nd qtr and just put one right in Angel's face for her last basket. I may have enjoyed that a little lol. She's 5-5 fm the ft line.

Sky catching up, Sparks 34-33

Sky up 48-42 at halftime, Sparks started making t.os and taking some questionable shots.

Commentators having the "Why doesn't anyone talk about Rickea" discussion. She's definitely the best rookie on the floor so far tonight. Has 15 pts, 7-7 fm ft line. Also 4 rebs, an assist and 2 awesome blocks.

Curt who I love to hate has done a very smart thing tonight. Because Rickea has been cold fm 3 and midrange, he has her pounding it to the rim tonight to get layups. So fun to see this part of her game again. Next step for her is don't disappear in the second half! This shoud be a 20+ point night for her.

Chennedy has 9 pts for the Sky and if she was out again tonight the Sparks would have a chance. Angel and Kamilla both have 6 pts and 4 or 5 rebounds, no doubt Angel will get her DD. Both of them have been a bit low energy so far.

Stop me if you've heard this before: Rickea only gets up 2 shots in the 3rd qtr, Curt pulled her and threw in the towel. You can tell it's towel time when he puts in Zia Cooke. But Rickea came back, got a couple more rebs and a couple nice assists. Rae's struggling w her offense. No one can stop Carter. Sky by 14 end of 3rd qtr.

Stop me if you've heard this before: Rickea only gets up 2 shots in the 3rd qtr, Curt pulled her and threw in the towel. You can tell it's towel time when he puts in Zia Cooke. But Rickea came back, got a couple more rebs and a couple nice assists. Rae's struggling w her offense. No one can stop Carter. Sky by 14 end of 3rd qtr.
Happens a lot kea either gets points 1 half then vanishes or gets points the whole game but yea put Zia back in take dangerfield out

Sparks not winning anymore games this season

Deja vu all over again.

Happens a lot kea either gets points 1 half then vanishes or gets points the whole game but yea put Zia back in take dangerfield out

Sparks not winning anymore games this season
Kea never gets points the whole game and Zia Cooke shouldn't be allowed off the bus. Back of her jersey should say Tank or Towel.

So, so frustrating. Rickea only got up 5 shots the second half and two of them were in garbage time. Was looked off in the post by that effin Nurse a couple of time. Only two pts the second half, ended w 17 pts, 6 rebs, 3 assist, and 3 blocks which is a very nice game. But they have to figure out how to keep getting her the ball in her spots.

Rae struggled fm the field, had 6 pts and 4 assists. and 3 steals. No reason not to play her alot the rest of the season.

Sparks lost by a zillion and I even had to watch Angel make a 3. Chennedy was the diff in this game.

Now the Sparks play the Sun twice, Sun and Tues. Agree, they probably won't win another game.

Reactions: madtownvol
Kea never gets points the whole game and Zia Cooke shouldn't be allowed off the bus. Back of her jersey should say Tank or Towel.

So, so frustrating. Rickea only got up 5 shots the second half and two of them were in garbage time. Was looked off in the post by that effin Nurse a couple of time. Only two pts the second half, ended w 17 pts, 6 rebs, 3 assist, and 3 blocks which is a very nice game. But they have to figure out how to keep getting her the ball in her spots.

Rae struggled fm the field, had 6 pts and 4 assists. and 3 steals. No reason not to play her alot the rest of the season.

Sparks lost by a zillion and I even had to watch Angel make a 3. Chennedy was the diff in this game.

Now the Sparks play the Sun twice, Sun and Tues. Agree, they probably won't win another game.
Na I’d take Zia over dangerfield and kea stay getting iced out but by na she should have it in her head if you wanna score in the other half ball hog nothing to lose🤷🏽‍♀️..soon as Carter was available I knew sparks wasn’t going to win but yea season over for them I just can’t see them winning anything else

Well that's bull bc they to both their credit, even when standing side by side several times, they never made eye contact that I saw.
Rickea is trending and it’s a lot of them talking about how angel locked her up,keas trash,she only plays 1 half,whole bunch of other stuff I won’t type…and carter mouthing to her after that block didn’t help😅

Rickea is trending and it’s a lot of them talking about how angel locked her up,keas trash,she only plays 1 half,whole bunch of other stuff I won’t type…and carter mouthing to her after that block didn’t help😅
Angel did nothing approaching "locking Kea up". Her own teammates took care of that. But Rickea kept playing really hard and did alot of good things. In spite of once again not getting enough shots up nor plays run for her the second half, this was one of her best all around games. Screw em.

I didn't see Carter say anything, but not surprised. Also not surprised at tweeters spinning fan fiction about something btw them. As I said above, Angel and RIckea made a concerted and mature effort to not even look at ea other.

Reactions: brittannica
Angel did nothing approaching "locking Kea up". Her own teammates took care of that. But Rickea kept playing really hard and did alot of good things. In spite of once again not getting enough shots up nor plays run for her the second half, this was one of her best all around games. Screw em.

I didn't see Carter say anything, but not surprised. Also not surprised at tweeters spinning fan fiction about something btw them. As I said above, Angel and RIckea made a concerted and mature effort to not even look at ea other.
She guarded her a few possessions but I blame Curt tspoon said before they even played that all 5 on Chicago gotta play D on kea because she can score&she got doubled and tripled and Curt didn’t adjust&teamates didn’t help

And nope it was there Carter was mouthing after the block but I hope kea and angel are over whatever they had going on and just moving along as they should

Shocking to see how far the sparks have fallen over the past few seasons. Losing Brink was a blow but I doubt she would have made them a playoff team. Interesting to compare the fever to sparks.

Since the Olympic break, the fever share the ball well and find the open shooter early. In contrast the sparks either don’t make pass or it comes too slow (it always seems like the first thought is to go one on one and they only pass when that option is shut down. I am excluding Rickea from this criticism because she does pass and is generally the open player who is not getting the ball.

Bad coaching job from Miller….

Last edited:

VN Store

Back