2024 WNBA Discussion Thread

Annnnd the villain speech from Reese again. Lmao.

It’s comical.
And soooo tiring. She's said the same thing 4000 times now. But never a thought of the most obvious solution - disengage w the haters.

I'm not a 'shut up and dribble' person, but someone on Angel's team needs to teach her the value of occassional silence. Make em laugh, make em cry, make em wait.

The whole league needs Greg Popovich style social media training. Put the effing phone down, stop feeding mentally challenged morons the very dopamine they crave. Stop reposting the horrible things they say. Report them, then starve them. Keep a few of your feelings to yourself and your personal circle. Stop fishing in the cesspool and being outraged you caught a turd.

A good example of the insane circle is Griner, after bullying and picking a fight with one of the leagues bright new faces, goes straight to the locker room after ejection and picks up the phone to engage exactly the nastiness she knew was coming. There's something deeply troubling about all of this.

Last edited:

Wow. I suspect, as with Curt, there must have been factors we're not aware of. Otherwise this is inexplicable.

Spoon, a legend of the league, was given a Rogue's gallery of a roster, one that was described as a Star Wars bar scene of misfit toys. Picked to finish 12th, she was in contention for the playoffs to the last day. Had players like Dana Evans (and unfortunately at the end of the season Izzy H as well) yapping publically all year. Somewhat tamed the humungo ego of Angel and the erratic behavior of Carter. Dealt w major injuries. Made some questionable decisions but did not deserve to be fired on performance.

The Sky is even more of a disaster org than the Sparks. Their last coach quit mid season to be an NBA assistant. The latest GM was hired after Spoon and apparently never agreed with the choice. Their best players have left in droves as soon as able. Their facilities suck. Not sure who they think they can hire.

Of course there are Curt rumors as Spoon's replacement. It would be a movie to see him deal w Angel. It would certainly make him more appreciative then ever of Rickea. Others, including the ever vocal Angel, are already semi-seriously pushing Sheryl Swoops. Now that would be a double feature movie.

Wow. I suspect, as with Curt, there must have been factors we're not aware of. Otherwise this is inexplicable.

Spoon, a legend of the league, was given a Rogue's gallery of a roster, one that was described as a Star Wars bar scene of misfit toys. Picked to finish 12th, she was in contention for the playoffs to the last day. Had players like Dana Evans (and unfortunately at the end of the season Izzy H as well) yapping publically all year. Somewhat tamed the humungo ego of Angel and the erratic behavior of Carter. Dealt w major injuries. Made some questionable decisions but did not deserve to be fired on performance.

The Sky is even more of a disaster org than the Sparks. Their last coach quit mid season to be an NBA assistant. The latest GM was hired after Spoon and apparently never agreed with the choice. Their best players have left in droves as soon as able. Their facilities suck. Not sure who they think they can hire.

Of course there are Curt rumors as Spoon's replacement. It would be a movie to see him deal w Angel. It would certainly make him more appreciative then ever of Rickea. Others, including the ever vocal Angel, are already semi-seriously pushing Sheryl Swoops. Now that would be a double feature movie.

I suspect the biggest issue was the toxic locker room and what she did with that roster.

Their best guard (no it’s wasn’t Carter lmao) demanded a trade and then two vets unloaded after their seaosn was over.

At this point it’s not a guessing game if that locker room had problems. Dana and Izzy’s video wa heartbreaking. I’m a little stunned at the silence from the rest of the league.

Reactions: knoxvol52
I suspect the biggest issue was the toxic locker room and what she did with that roster.

Their best guard (no it’s wasn’t Carter lmao) demanded a trade and then two vets unloaded after their seaosn was over.

At this point it’s not a guessing game if that locker room had problems. Dana and Izzy’s video wa heartbreaking. I’m a little stunned at the silence from the rest of the league.
To be fair, Dana and Izzy were calling out their own fans, not the locker room. And also to be fair, while the nutty fan vitriol was off the chain, both players were disappointments when they finally got their chance at the end of the season due to injuries. Izzy started strong and totally fizzled, and Dana Evans is just no longer a W calibur guard.

To be fair, Dana and Izzy were calling out their own fans, not the locker room. And also to be fair, while the nutty fan vitriol was off the chain, both players were disappointments when they finally got their chance at the end of the season due to injuries. Izzy started strong and totally fizzled, and Dana Evans is just no longer a W calibur guard.

Nah that was a locker room problem. They didn’t say the quiet part out loud but it’s obvious. Making Carter and Reese the leaders of your team? Horrible plan.

Last edited:
Reactions: Franklin Pierce
Nah that was a lock room problem. They didn’t say the quiet part out loud but it’s obvious. Making Carter and Reese the leaders of your team? Horrible plan.
LOL once again your clairvoyance and body language reading skills on display.

If the locker room is bad now, wait till an angry and displaced Angel gets hold of it. Pretty sure Carter, who's a free agent, is gone. For all her talent, who wants to take on her head space?

Unfortunately, it looks like our LVFLs Izzy and Diamond are going to have a hard time making a roster next season. Suspect we'll be down to a core 4, and Rae is now no longer a sure thing.

Last edited:
Caitlin is a player I sports love to hate on the court. Comically over dramatic, floppy flaily, uber whiney and goofy af. I'm sicker than sick of her over exposure and very glad the Fever are gone.

But I acknowledge her accomplishments and most of all, the way she has done and said every single thing right off the court. Including the amount of time she says nothing at all. Once again she's made the 100% correct statement, which she's made before, and once again, it will never be enough. It's a shame that she's also been made a victim of the scary idiocy of some fans, some her fans and others only pretending to be.

IMO the absolute best thing that can happen for everyone is exactly what CC says she intends - time away. Radio silence. No offseason play. Play golf. Reclaim you normal again.

Last edited:
LOL once again your clairvoyance and body language reading skills on display.

If the locker room is bad now, wait till an angry and displaced Angel gets hold of it. Pretty sure Carter, who's a free agent, is gone. For all her talent, who wants to take on her head space?

Unfortunately, it looks like our LVFLs Izzy and Diamond are going to have a hard time making a roster next season. Suspect we'll be down to a core 4, and Rae is now no longer a sure thing.

Some people are better at reading situations than others.

Carter has no place in the W in my opinion, too volatile and a liability for any team, regardless of talent. Gary Blair was truly about the only coach that could work with her. There isn’t a coach in the W that can manager her head case.

Reese needs to have several seats. She cost her team a lot of wins chasing a meaningless personal record. TSpoon fed right into that and it was to the detriment of team chemistry and morale.

Aliyah Boston just called out her own fans as well, on how they harassed her. If the locker room is bad now, wait till an angry and displaced Clark gets hold of it.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I've believed for a few years now that a certain player mentioned above is truly a little on the ... well ... the emotionally/mentally/educationally ungifted side. So ever since it dawned on me that that is likely the case, it's a lot easier to understand why that person says and does certain baffling things, and way easier to just ignore it. Just sayin'.

Caitlin is a player I sports love to hate on the court. Comically over dramatic, floppy flaily, uber whiney and goofy af. I'm sicker than sick of her over exposure and very glad the Fever are gone.

But I acknowledge her accomplishments and most of all, the way she has done and said every single thing right off the court. Including the amount of time she says nothing at all. Once again she's made the 100% correct statement, which she's made before, and once again, it will never be enough. It's a shame that she's also been made a victim of the scary idiocy of some fans, some her fans and others only pretending to be.

IMO the absolute best thing that can happen for everyone is exactly what CC says she intends - time away. Radio silence. No offseason play. Play golf. Reclaim you normal again.

Ita like MJ ,,,,the female version....People wanted to see Michael go off for 40, but the y wanted the Bulls to lose

Reactions: knoxvol52
It used be to like that and some people complained that it wasn't fair for higher seed to not open a playoff series on their homecourt.
Yeah, that was really bad. Best of 3 just isn't fair, they all should at least be best of 5. It isn't fair that the low team may not get a game, as what has happened in all the series this year, but it also isn't fair that the deciding game is on the road for the higher seed. The reason they don't do 1-1-1 is it is less expensive with less air travel. Maybe that the sport is gaining more popularity, they will change to best of 5. Also, I believe the finals are still best of 5 instead of best of 7. That also has to change IMO.

Last edited:
Reactions: travis929 and glv98
Yeah, that was really bad. Best of 3 just isn't fair, they all should at least be best of 5. It isn't fair that the low team may not get a game, as what has happened in all the series this year, but it also isn't fair that the deciding game is on the road for the higher seed. The reason they don't do 1-1-1 is it is less expensive with less air travel. Maybe that the sport is gaining more popularity, they will change to best of 5. Also, I believe the finals are still best of 5 instead of best of 7. That also has to change IMO.
Agreed about changing the early rounds to best of 5, but vehemently disagree about ever going to a 7 game series. That, along with 12 minute quarters, is one of the aspects of the NBA that never need to come to women's basketball imo.

Izzy sending subtle shots. She wants out. I said multiple times this season they were doing her dirty. She can play and is a veteran and they let her languish on the bench for months to make sure a player could eke out a double double shooting 38% from under the rim.

If you’re a real hooper, this would bother you.

Attachments

• IMG_5420.jpeg
    IMG_5420.jpeg
    107.3 KB · Views: 30
Reactions: chuckiepoo
Izzy sending subtle shots. She wants out. I said multiple times this season they were doing her dirty. She can play and is a veteran and they let her languish on the bench for months to make sure a player could eke out a double double shooting 38% from under the rim.

If you’re a real hooper, this would bother you.

Like you and most followers of our LVFLs in the pros, I wish Izzy could get more playing time. But in her case, her biggest roadblock has been chronic injury. Of course you're right about the stats-piling done for the rookie this season, but in all honesty, there's a big part of me that understands why they would do that. It's certainly unfair to the hard-working, eager-for-minutes bench players, but the way the economics of the sport is changing SOOOOO fast, I can forgive certain franchises for taking full advantage of this unusual opportunity to get more publicity, especially the Sky and the Fever. In the end, though, players like Izzy may end up benefiting financially from this unusual season, and given how short a period most pro players have to earn and save money, players may need to try to think about that aspect more.

Oh, and try not to be injury prone. That helps.

Reactions: travis929
Like you and most followers of our LVFLs in the pros, I wish Izzy could get more playing time. But in her case, her biggest roadblock has been chronic injury. Of course you're right about the stats-piling done for the rookie this season, but in all honesty, there's a big part of me that understands why they would do that. It's certainly unfair to the hard-working, eager-for-minutes bench players, but the way the economics of the sport is changing SOOOOO fast, I can forgive certain franchises for taking full advantage of this unusual opportunity to get more publicity, especially the Sky and the Fever. In the end, though, players like Izzy may end up benefiting financially from this unusual season, and given how short a period most pro players have to earn and save money, players may need to try to think about that aspect more.

Oh, and try not to be injury prone. That helps.

Izzy would benefit from going to Indiana lol. Only one player is moving the money needle.

VN Store

Back