2024 WNBA Discussion Thread

Izzy would benefit from going to Indiana lol. Only one player is moving the money needle.

I don't know about that. Unless I misunderstood something I read a couple of months ago, it was strongly implied that this season's crazy uptick in interest in the W will likely result in everyone's salaries going up. That's what I was alluding to. Not so much that everyone will be getting big endorsement money like Clark, but that Clark's (and yes, Reese's to a lesser extent) celebrity is likely to benefit everyone.

Izzy would benefit from going to Indiana lol. Only one player is moving the money needle.

I just realized what you meant. I read it as "only one player is going to have more money" after this unusual season, but maybe you meant that it is only Clark who is responsible if salaries go up across the league.

I do think "the Clark effect" is primarily responsible, with ongoing storylines from a couple of others playing lesser roles. Societal addiction to controversy has played a role, too. But Clark is, by FAR, the one with the most power to move the money needle.

Last edited:
Y’all do realize she’s still trying to recover from an injury right. She’s older so it’s going to take longer for her to get back to the level she was before injury.

Alllllll season. That’s all anyone says. If she’s so injured she ought not play.

Reactions: glv98
Aces are missing something been missing something all season..can’t figure out what it is though😅
The Aces are missing alot. First and more important, missing desire. They've been dgaf all season. They also lack coaching. For all her accolades and alleged coaching genius, Hammon doesn't make adjustment. She just tweaks her scowls. They lack guard play big time. Grey is past her prime (as is most of the team) and beyond the occassional flashy pass she's a liability. Probably will never be the same post injury. And what in the world have they done to Jackie Young? She's had a miserable year. They lack conditioning. They're old and out of shape. They lack depth, they did not manage their roster well in the offseason.

The Liberty, partcularly Sabrina, has gotten alot better. The Aces have regressed. Liberty in 4.

The Sun is one of those teams that makes everyone, even the smooth as butter Lynx, play ugly. Still think the Lynx win it in 5.

Reactions: LVsinceJV
I've believed for a few years now that a certain player mentioned above is truly a little on the ... well ... the emotionally/mentally/educationally ungifted side. So ever since it dawned on me that that is likely the case, it's a lot easier to understand why that person says and does certain baffling things, and way easier to just ignore it. Just sayin'.
If you're talking about Angel, I don't think she lacks intelligence at all. It's maturity and judgement she lacks, not unusual for a 22 yr old thrust into the spotlight. The adults around her have consistently let her down. Angel is very much that middle school girl who lives for attention - talk about me good, talk about me bad, just talk about me. Then periodically has a meltdown about the inevitable consequences of that behavior. But hey, they're all laughing all the way to the bank.
Izzy sending subtle shots. She wants out. I said multiple times this season they were doing her dirty. She can play and is a veteran and they let her languish on the bench for months to make sure a player could eke out a double double shooting 38% from under the rim.

If you’re a real hooper, this would bother you.
Izzy says she doesn't get the uproar and that it wasn't a shot. Pointed out she reposted the tweet for every award.

Izzy needs to be very careful. She's 31 and injury prone and hasn't exactly covered herself in glory when given a chance for extended minutes. Several younger players the same size do what she does better. Going to be hard for her to catch on w another team. It's possible she doesn't care, knowing she's pretty much done.

The Aces are missing alot. First and more important, missing desire. They've been dgaf all season. They also lack coaching. For all her accolades and alleged coaching genius, Hammon doesn't make adjustment. She just tweaks her scowls. They lack guard play big time. Grey is past her prime (as is most of the team) and beyond the occassional flashy pass she's a liability. Probably will never be the same post injury. And what in the world have they done to Jackie Young? She's had a miserable year. They lack conditioning. They're old and out of shape. They lack depth, they did not manage their roster well in the offseason.

The Liberty, partcularly Sabrina, has gotten alot better. The Aces have regressed. Liberty in 4.

The Sun is one of those teams that makes everyone, even the smooth as butter Lynx, play ugly. Still think the Lynx win it in 5.
Yea I kinda forgot to factor age😬…might be in rebuild mode next few seasons and idk about jack she’d been in and out might be injury or just not focused,stokes needs to go but who to replace her😅 bell too but libs been a bad match up for the aces all season

I wanted either aces or sun to win it all

Reactions: glv98
Alllllll season. That’s all anyone says. If she’s so injured she ought not play.
Look how long it took Rickea to fully get back after her injury for us. Everyone’s body heals differently and also some are willing to make the sacrifice when not fully healed. She’s had some really good games and bad ones this season.

Reactions: brittannica
Question: Of the four teams left in the race for the WNBA championship this season, how many players are gay? is it > half?

I know B Stewart, A Thomas, and her "wife" the skinny as hell, D Bonner are.

Reactions: Franklin Pierce
Question: Of the four teams left in the race for the WNBA championship this season, how many players are gay? is it > half?

I know B Stewart, A Thomas, and her "wife" the skinny as hell, D Bonner are.
wtf, Gule? Does it matter? Yer up here in lesbian heaven! Just enjoy the sport.

Regarding the WNBA draft, I am really hoping that LA gets the first pick and gets Paige Bueckers. Could you imagine very young core players like Jackson, Brink, and Bueckers starting in the same line-up. Good things would quickly happen in Tinsel town.
From your lips to God's ears. Rarely has a #1 draft pick been so exactly what a team needs as PB is.

Keep Sims and Julie Allamand who's apparently recovered and playing in Turkey. That's vet pgs. Add PB and Rae to that backcourt, then Rickea, Cam, Hamby, Stevens and possibly Li in the frontcourt. Fill in the blanks w Talbot (who they're committed to) and a couple of quality back up wings and the Sparks should go from worst to at least midpack immediately. Plus be one of the most exciting young teams in the league.

Oh yeah, they also need a coach.

From your lips to God's ears. Rarely has a #1 draft pick been so exactly what a team needs as PB is.

Keep Sims and Julie Allamand who's apparently recovered and playing in Turkey. That's vet pgs. Add PB and Rae to that backcourt, then Rickea, Cam, Hamby, Stevens and possibly Li in the frontcourt. Fill in the blanks w Talbot (who they're committed to) and a couple of quality back up wings and the Sparks should go from worst to at least midpack immediately. Plus be one of the most exciting young teams in the league.

Oh yeah, they also need a coach.
I believe Li has already declined an offer from the Sparks and said she wants to go to the Sun, Lynx, Mercury, or Dream.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Liberty goes up 2-0. Aces kept it close the 4th qtr but the Libs are just a better team.

Difference is the Libs aren't afraid to make moves to get better. Vander Sloot is past her prime and had a rough personal year, so they replaced her. Fiebich and Kayla Thornton have been outstanding for them and Sloot still contributes some off the bench. And obviously, Sabrina's improvement this season has been off the charts; she's far better than any Aces guard.

Meanwhile the Aces, esp their guards, stay old, out of shape, and not getting it done. And with no depth. They might pick up a game in Vegas but that will be about it.

I believe Li has already declined an offer from the Sparks and said she wants to go to the Sun, Lynx, Mercury, or Dream.
I read that but some of the Sparks press say that's not official. And I saw an interview w Li while on her team in China and she talked about next year and didn't mention changing teams. Not sure exactly what's going on there. I like Li, but if she goes it makes Rae more likely to be cored.

“Quite frankly, we haven’t had the edge all year,” Hammon said after dropping the first two games in Brooklyn. “We found it the last month, I feel like we’ve gained a lot of ground. But the feel was different from the jump and this is why three-peating is hard, let’s be real. The whole league has been pissed off for the last eight months and my players are in commercials and this and that and be freaking celebrities, and you get distracted. That’s why it’s hard because human nature is distracting.”

https://nypost.com/2024/10/02/sport...to-kelsey-plum-during-aces-loss-in-outburst/#

W axe swinging hard this year. This was the one most people thought would happen first. Wright has had 3 yrs, Atlanta has adequate talent and she's just not getting it done. They only made the playoffs this year by default of everyone below them struggling so bad and then got wiped out quickly.

Next in line at the chopping block may be Latrica Trammel at Dallas, though she's a veteran and pretty respected longtime W coach. So was Curt Miller though.

my players are in commercials and this and that and be freaking celebrities, and you get distracted. That’s why it’s hard because human nature is distracting.”
What's hilarious about this is that Sabrina is in the commercial with A'ja, and even has to do a sommersault into the backseat of the car. Sure hasn't effected her play any.

Becky needs to look in the mirror to see a big part of the problem. She hasn't made an adjustment since May and this team is flat and uninspired. That's on her.

VN Store

Back