2024 WNBA Discussion Thread

Interesting data on the WNBA playoff ratings.

Fever games drew the largest audiences by far, averaging over 2 million for the 2 games (perhaps the WNBA should have implemented a 7 game series for just the Fever/Clark).

Much is being made about how ratings for non-Clarke play off games are considerably less but they are still considerably higher than for previous years.

The first Liberty-Aces game drew close to a million viewers which would have been seen as monumental (based on past seasons) if not for the Fever-Sun games.

So, it seems that the rising tide raises all boats principles is in effect for the WNBA.

Interesting data on the WNBA playoff ratings.

Fever games drew the largest audiences by far, averaging over 2 million for the 2 games (perhaps the WNBA should have implemented a 7 game series for just the Fever/Clark).

Much is being made about how ratings for non-Clarke play off games are considerably less but they are still considerably higher than for previous years.

The first Liberty-Aces game drew close to a million viewers which would have been seen as monumental (based on past seasons) if not for the Fever-Sun games.

So, it seems that the rising tide raises all boats principles is in effect for the WNBA.
No question the CC factor is huge. I'll never understand it but it's there. But the numbers for last weekend wo her were very encouraging, esp since it was on against NFL and MLB playoffs.

Will be interesting to see how they do tonight when there aren't other major sports on. Minn/Conn are tipping off now. Monica McNutt, arg!

It’s a meaningless award, but she didn’t even finish the season so it doesn’t even matter anyway. The only 2 awards that mean anything is Most Outstanding Player in college and Finals MVP.
Saw a funny clip from Angel's latest podcast. She was talking to Dwayne Wade about rebounding and said she just can't understand why they don't just block her out! Me either, I said that all year. She's relentless for sure but some of those big bodies should be able to hold her off.

Lynx old fashioned, motion, spacing, cut and pass offense is so fun to watch when it's flowing like it is right now. I'll miss this if it really does become passe in favor of run and jack. Lynx up by 8 midway thru the 2nd qtr.

Speaking of old fashioned, Sun has an absolute aircraft carrier in Bri Jones. Makes Thomas look delicate, almost.

Btw, Curt Miller drafted and developed AT, Jones, and Carrington and coached Bonner for several years.

Mabry is SO streaky. Can't hit the broad side of a barn tonight, can't miss other nights. Give me a steady 38% 3 shooter like McBride any day.

Last edited:
Great interview with Rae from a couple of weeks ago. She talks about her decision to leave the LVs, her journey in the W, the current Sparks, and her offseason plans. Apparently she isn't going overseas this yr, indicated she might be waiting for an invite to one of the new off season leagues. 5 players left to be invited to Unrivaled, it would be great if she got that call.

Also mentions she has a few teammates left on the LVs that were freshmen when she was here. Says she hasn't spoken w CKC yet, but looks forward to coming to games this season.

Really hope Rae catches on w whoever the new coach turns out to be. She's very close to being a WNBA regular and is such a great, bright, upbeat young woman.

Saw a funny clip from Angel's latest podcast. She was talking to Dwayne Wade about rebounding and said she just can't understand why they don't just block her out! Me either, I said that all year. She's relentless for sure but some of those big bodies should be able to hold her off.
So erimes they do look to box her out, but it’s mainly her relentlessness that wears them down. But next year her rebounding numbers will go down to around 10 per game I think, she’ll play more on the perimeter and transition back to her natural position. This was the only season she could break the rebounding records but fell short of some because of the injury.

ROY is absolutely not a meaningless award, kinda crazy to say that.
It’s meaningless, nobody even remembers who wins them, but for me the awards are rigged anyway that’s why I only value Most Outstanding Player Of The Final Four or Finals MVP, because u can’t just vote someone a Champion you need to win it.

Last edited:
Liberty goes up 2-0. Aces kept it close the 4th qtr but the Libs are just a better team.

Difference is the Libs aren't afraid to make moves to get better. Vander Sloot is past her prime and had a rough personal year, so they replaced her. Fiebich and Kayla Thornton have been outstanding for them and Sloot still contributes some off the bench. And obviously, Sabrina's improvement this season has been off the charts; she's far better than any Aces guard.

Meanwhile the Aces, esp their guards, stay old, out of shape, and not getting it done. And with no depth. They might pick up a game in Vegas but that will be about it.
Dang, Glv98. I heard (or perhaps started) a rumor that your posts about the Aces and Becky have been discovered by the team and were used for brilliant Bulletin Board material prior to game 3. They also were offended by your praise about Sabrina I, and they went ballistic on her. I want NY to get revenge this year! But no, you have become the Aces motivation speaker. STOP IT!!!!!

Dang, Glv98. I heard (or perhaps started) a rumor that your posts about the Aces and Becky have been discovered by the team and were used for brilliant Bulletin Board material prior to game 3. They also were offended by your praise about Sabrina I, and they went ballistic on her. I want NY to get revenge this year! But no, you have become the Aces motivation speaker. STOP IT!!!!!
I'm sorry! For once all the Aces guards had good games at the same time and Sabrina simultaneously choked the bone. But like you and madtowne, I think this turns back around Sunday.

Superior post! ☝️
…excellent creativity. These require some level of muse tickling yer fingers and gray matter. 😉🤙🏼

The Aces are about go down in flames to the Liberty. No chance for a three-peat for them.
Liberty2318122376
Las Vegas Aces
Aces

VN Store

Back