2024 WNBA Discussion Thread

The Reese effect is real, 1st game against the liberty they limited the tickets, a certain fanbase said they did that because she wouldn’t sell, well guess what happened when they made all tickets available? largest crowd in history of the franchise, with no promotion by the media or sports networks, they just showed up and showed out, nothing better than something organic.

Reactions: NashVol11
The Reese effect is real, 1st game against the liberty they limited the tickets, a certain fanbase said they did that because she wouldn’t sell, well guess what happened when they made all tickets available? largest crowd in history of the franchise, with no promotion by the media or sports networks, they just showed up and showed out, nothing better than something organic.

Are you as well gonna put up a shrine in your house... We get it , you're an angel reese fanatic

Reactions: Raebo

First time? Nothing organic about NYC sports. Largest media sports market for a reason. It does show you live in a bubble of your Twitter algorithm making you believe thats how the world operates.

First time? Nothing organic about NYC sports. Largest media sports market for a reason. It does show you live in a bubble of your Twitter algorithm making you believe thats how the world operates.
One thing about New Yorkers they know ball, plenty of teams have come to play the Liberty but this was their largest crowd ever and that’s because of Reese. At the end of the day it’s about inspiring the next generation, Do u gave a problem with that?

One thing about New Yorkers they know ball, plenty of teams have come to play the Liberty but this was their largest crowd ever and that’s because of Reese. At the end of the day it’s about inspiring the next generation, Do u gave a problem with that?

I'm positive it doesn't have anything to do with the Liberty being best team in WNBA at the moment, of course fans wouldn't come out for that.

Reactions: FanSincethe5th
I'm positive it doesn't have anything to do with the Liberty being best team in WNBA at the moment, of course fans wouldn't come out for that.
Almist doubled their previous home game, so I doubt that. Ok if they break the record in the rest of their games I’ll agree with u.

Last edited:
Reactions: NashVol11

An 0-3 Fever, was 15 seats under the posted last nights attendance for opening day . You’re right, they know ball. The issue is your victim card of promotion. She’s not the victim you want her to be.

with no promotion by the media or sports networks, they just showed up and showed out, nothing better than something organic.
However many times you can say this ridiculous victim fantasy I can say it's obviously not true. This game got the same promo every W game gets and Angel has been nonstop promo-ed for the double double streak. It's literally everywhere, deservedly so.

It's so crazy for you to keep saying Angel gets no pub or promo to those of us who are Rickea Jackson fans. Get some perspective.

So Car fans are miffed at TSpoon for sitting Kamilla, who was shooting 80%, the whole 4th qtr as the Liberty pulled away. Insteaad she played a limping, 29% shooting Angel until she got the double double. Then subbed Kamilla in for her in the last seconds when the game was already decided. Izzy was having a big game, a 12/12 double double and it was clear Izzy/Kamilla would be more effective.

I don't think it's ever ok to not try and win the game but I do understand the Sky nursing Angel's double double streak. It makes great publicity, YES PUBLICITY, which is clearly helping the franchise. They also nursed the streak the game before by passing the ball to Angel and her making a move when both sides had already signaled they were backing off bc the game was over. Got the DD w last second, meaningless free throw.

Final note on the game, while Izzy had her best day in awhile, Diamond just continues to struggle. This should be an ideal situation for DD; the Sky badly need another perimeter scorer. But she just can't get going, only played 8 mins.

Last edited:
An 0-3 Fever, was 15 seats under the posted last nights attendance for opening day . You’re right, they know ball. The issue is your victim card of promotion. She’s not the victim you want her to be.
And that was with them promoting the face, like some reveling circus act, I rather see people show up when it’s not all over social media and sports shows.

However many times you can say this ridiculous victim fantasy I can say it's obviously not true. This game got the same promo every W game gets and Angel has been nonstop promo-ed for the double double streak. It's literally everywhere, deservedly so.

It's so crazy for you to keep saying Angel gets no pub or promo to those of us who are Rickea Jackson fans. Get some perspective.

So Car fans are miffed at TSpoon for sitting Kamilla, who was shooting 80%, the whole 4th qtr as the Liberty pulled away. Insteaad she played a limping, 29% shooting Angel until she got the double double. Then subbed Kamilla in for her in the last seconds when the game was already decided. Izzy was having a big game, a 12/12 double double and it was clear Izzy/Kamilla would be more effective.

I don't think it's ever ok to not try and win the game but I do understand the Sky nursing Angel's double double streak. It makes great publicity, YES PUBLICITY, which is clearly helping the franchise. They also nursed the streak the game before by passing the ball to Angel and her making a move when both sides had already signaled they were backing off bc the game was over. Got the DD w last second, meaningless free throw.

Final not on the game, while Izzy had her best day in awhile, Diamond just continues to struggle. This should be an ideal situation for DD; the Sky badly need another perimeter scorer. But she just can't get going, only played 8 mins.
Never said anything about being a victim, and u made my point for me, the doubl-double streak did get them talking about her a little more, she had to put up a historic streak and that’s fine. Some players got the promotion before they played a single game, that’s the issue I had with it. And it’s funny how u people want to analyze her streak, when have any of u did that for another player? Clark steals rebounds from her own teammates to pad stats and I hear nothing. The Sky are a bad team with one All Star, they won’t be winning anything while going up against teams with 3 or more All Stars on their roster.

And that was with them promoting the face, like some reveling circus act, I rather see people show up when it’s not all over social media and sports shows.
This is SO dishonest and disingenuous. You literally can't open social media or see any sports show without Angel's streak being all over it. I know you get stuck alot on deeply held but incorrect social crusades but to say Angel gets no promo is just laughable. Please consider reconsidering

This is SO dishonest and disingenuous. You literally can't open social media or see any sports show without Angel's streak being all over it. I know you get stuck alot on deeply held but incorrect social crusades but to say Angel gets no promo is just laughable. Please consider reconsidering
She earned it now with her play, but where was it before? I never would see them saying anything about her, I would see Clark everyday and I don’t even look for her and I even mute it every time I see it, but they still pop up.

nd it’s funny how u people want to analyze her streak, when have any of u did that for another player? Clark steals rebounds from her own teammates to pad stats and I hear nothing.
I have said several times Clark is handed rebounds on a silver platter by being the designated 'wrangler'. And it makes sense to let her collect easy rebounds, it gets the ball in her hands to start the break. But her rebound totals are unimpressive to me and I've said they're very different from Angel's battle ball rebounds.
The Sky are a bad team with one All Star, they won’t be winning anything while going up against teams with 3 or more All Stars on their roster.
You also just exactly described the Fever, except they got 2 questionable all star selections for players who frankly didn't deserve them in Boston and Mitchell.

She earned it now with her play, but where was it before? I never would see them saying anything about her, I would see Clark everyday and I don’t even look for her and I even mute it every time I see it, but they still pop up.
Predictably, you weren't looking very hard, both have been on publicity overload (Vogue and SI covers, concert appearances, etc) since the FF two yrs ago. I am sick to death of both and think they have smothered other interesting stories in the W. I can barely stand to see either of their faces they are so overhyped.

Just say your first part like you really want to.

The promotion was there…it could be way your feed is set to blame/victim likes and posters.

I have said several times Clark is handed rebounds on a silver platter by being the designated 'wrangler'. And it makes sense to let her collect easy rebounds, it gets the ball in her hands to start the break. But her rebound totals are unimpressive to me and I've said they're very different from Angel's battle ball rebounds.

You also just exactly described the Fever, except they got 2 questionable all star selections for players who frankly didn't deserve them in Boston and Mitchell.
Boston and Mitchell were All Stars last year so they deserve it, they are 2 of the best players in the league. Reese has been playing on one leg since rolling her ankle against Seattle and she rolled it again yesterday. But she doesn’t like to sit out, but I think she should have, she needs the AllStar break so it can heal.

Boston and Mitchell were All Stars last year so they deserve it, they are 2 of the best players in the league
Neither have had All Star seasons this year, tho both are playing better now after horrible starts. Them being all stars is frankly embarrasing. There are other more deserving players who got snubbed.

Reactions: travis929
Neither have had All Star seasons this year, tho both are playing better now after horrible starts. Them being all stars is frankly embarrasing. There are other more deserving players who got snubbed.
Every AllStar team has snubs but I think they deserved it, but it’s a matter of opinion. Maybe u have mire info, I’ve only watched them play against the Sky and Sparks, and they’ve had good games, but also good overall stats for the season.

Some people are only comfortable playing the role of feeling put-upon. They see everything through glasses tinted with victimization, and seem to only be able to function if they can constantly point out that the entire world is actively focused on working against every one and every thing they care about.

It's so bizarre!

Some people are only comfortable playing the role of feeling put-upon. They see everything through glasses tinted with victimization, and seem to only be able to function if they can constantly point out that the entire world is actively focused on working against every one and every thing they care about.

It's so bizarre!

Nice reality check, thanks lvocd 😊

Reactions: chuckiepoo

Final note on the game, while Izzy had her best day in awhile, Diamond just continues to struggle. This should be an ideal situation for DD; the Sky badly need another perimeter scorer. But she just can't get going, only played 8 mins.
With the benefit of hindsight, it is interesting to think about Brink getting drafted over Cardosa. Brink had many years of national hyping whereas Cardosa, did not get that much attention at Syracuse and then played in the shadow of Boston until the 23-24 season.

But, a 6'7 215 Ib, athletic player has some advantages over a 6-3, 160 Ib player who is better built for the fashion runway. Cardoso might the next Sylvia Fowles.

Last edited:

It's so bizarre!
Counter argument is it's not bizarre if you spend most of your life actually being victimized, or having to be on hiigh alert for it. Are you paranoid if they're really after you? Some would say it's a priviledge not to have to wear the victim tinted glasses.

VN Store

Back