2024 WNBA Discussion Thread

Reese with only 8 points today with 16 rebounds.
And this time instead of forcing a last play for Angel like they did the other night, the Sky dribbled it out and let the streak go by. I think TSpoon may be trying to tighten her grip on her rowdy younguns. Today was very disappointing for the Sky , the Libs w/o Laney and Stewie, who like DT is resting up for Olympic and All Star glory.

Spoon benched Carter most of the second half after she struggled the first half. Angel was 3-13, stayed in foul trouble the whole game and pretty much lost her composure over the fouls. (Fouls which Dark Phoenix will be here shortly to attribute to the deep dark clark conspiracy to damage St Angel). Dana Evans got less than 8 mins, Diamond just over 6 and Izzy 9. Neither of them scored. TSpo.on sending all kinds of signs.

Sparks vs Wings, an actual chance for a win if the stars align, at 3:30 on CBS.

And this time instead of forcing a last play for Angel like they did the other night, the Sky dribbled it out and let the streak go by. I think TSpoon may be trying to tighten her grip on her rowdy younguns. Today was very disappointing for the Sky , the Libs w/o Laney and Stewie, who like DT is resting up for Olympic and All Star glory.

Spoon benched Carter most of the second half after she struggled the first half. Angel was 3-13, stayed in foul trouble the whole game and pretty much lost her composure over the fouls. (Fouls which Dark Phoenix will be here shortly to attribute to the deep dark clark conspiracy to damage St Angel). Dana Evans got less than 8 mins, Diamond just over 6 and Izzy 9. Neither of them scored. TSpo.on sending all kinds of signs.

Except for that next to last play where they immediately dumped it to Angel with the game out of reach and she was promptly blanketed by 4 Liberty players. Can’t say they didn’t try their best to keep the streak going, but NY was like “nope!”

Except for that next to last play where they immediately dumped it to Angel with the game out of reach and she was promptly blanketed by 4 Liberty players. Can’t say they didn’t try their best to keep the streak going, but NY was like “nope!”
There was 8 sec left after that play and Lib had the ball and said nope themselves and just dribbled it out. They could have made one more attempt. Maybe Spoon thought since she enabled the streak last game and since AR was 3-13 she'd let it go.

Hell Angel will only start another one the second half. She's going to set double double records no one will ever touch. Credit to her.

Reactions: brittannica
She wanted it, check the end of this clip too

I can't say that's a good look. Combined with that game a few nights back where Chicago was behind big but Reese was out there shouting for the ball so she could get her 10 points, it's just not a good look. It makes the streak seem far less important, and far more insignificant, than it otherwise would. Kind of sorry, after a fashion.

And this isn't about the Reese-Clark crap. I'm just talking about the pursuit of stat padding at the end of blowout losses (and really padding in general, but these are so blatant that they're impossible to miss). Don't care who's the one doing it. I would say this about anyone, even Tennessee players. If a Vol or Lady Vol was chasing individual stats or streaks while Tennessee was getting beaten senseless, I would not be ... well, let's just say, appreciative.

Well she was getting hacked all game but I wasn’t even going to mention it. The only problem I have is her playing, after she rolled her ankle in that Storm game she should have sat out until the AllStar break, she ended up rolling it again in the last game as well, she plays through it but her limping around didn’t do them any favors. I hope she sits out the game on Tuesday because I know it won’t be fully healed by then.

Wow Rickea w her best qtr yet by far. 8 pts on 3-5, 3 reb, 2 assists and a steal in the first qtr. More than the previous game.

Oh hell she just rebounded and scored again.

Rae just had 3 assists, 2 reb and a steal in 5 mins while RJ sat out w 2 fouls.

Last edited:
Strange ending to first half. Just as the Wings drew even for the first time all game Natasha Howard rolled her ankle and went down and the Wings never called time out and Sparks got 2 baskets off 5 on 4 to go ahead again. Hate to see it but at this point, the Sparks will take anything.

Rickea got her 3rd foul on an illegal screen call (she did move her leg) just before halftime. Sat awhile in the 3rd for 2 fouls and it cooled her off. Ended the half w 12 pts.

Well she was getting hacked all game but I wasn’t even going to mention it. The only problem I have is her playing, after she rolled her ankle in that Storm game she should have sat out until the AllStar break, she ended up rolling it again in the last game as well, she plays through it but her limping around didn’t do them any favors. I hope she sits out the game on Tuesday because I know it won’t be fully healed by then.
Agree. The vets sure don't mind sitting out for a hangnail to save themselves for Olympics and the All Star game. AR's pretty competitive and the Sky does need wins, but it's probably best. Angel, like RIckea, has been playing and/or practicing nonstop since FIBA last summer. She'll want to be in good shape for the All Star game.

Think he sat Rickea too long when they were struggling to score. She does have 4 fouls though, so does Hamby. They're back though, now tied 72-72 just over 5 to go. This is going to be a good finish. Both teams need a win so bad. Go Sparks, finish one for a change.

I can't say that's a good look. Combined with that game a few nights back where Chicago was behind big but Reese was out there shouting for the ball so she could get her 10 points, it's just not a good look. It makes the streak seem far less important, and far more insignificant, than it otherwise would. Kind of sorry, after a fashion.

And this isn't about the Reese-Clark crap. I'm just talking about the pursuit of stat padding at the end of blowout losses (and really padding in general, but these are so blatant that they're impossible to miss). Don't care who's the one doing it. I would say this about anyone, even Tennessee players. If a Vol or Lady Vol was chasing individual stats or streaks while Tennessee was getting beaten senseless, I would not be ... well, let's just say, appreciative.
It seems the media attention given to double-doubles and triple doubles has gotten extreme to the point where the tail is wagging the dog. You can't watch an NBA game without the announcers babbling about how with that rebound such and such is only 8 more rebounds, 6pts and 7 assists away from a triple double!!!

The W is now seems to be ramping up this statistical obsession even more.

It seems the media attention given to double-doubles and triple doubles has gotten extreme to the point where the tail is wagging the dog. You can't watch an NBA game without the announcers babbling about how with that rebound such and such is only 8 more rebounds, 6pts and 7 assists away from a triple double!!!

The W is now seems to be ramping up this statistical obsession even more.
And the most ridiculous stat overload imaginable. First 3rd yr player to hit 2 layups w their offhand in consecutive games. Literally a record for every freaking thing.

Kea did her thang💪🏾😤
Sure did. What a bounce back fm a below par last game. She came up w the big buckets when they're needed most. Made a run in the first half, I think 8 straight pts, when the Wings had cut the lead. Then again in the 3rd when the Sparks were struggling to score, than 5 huge pts late to put the Sparks ahead for good. 23 pts (should have hit that last ft!) on 8-14 shooting, 7 rebs, 2 assists and a steal. Did have 3 t.o.s but 2 were offensive fouls. Her best game, she was active and intense fm the start. Even played decent D.

Rae never went back in after her stint in the first half, but did a good job then.

Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn sometime, and the Sparks had alot of good luck today. Azuri Stevens went 4-4 fm 3, Jacy Sheldon guarded (or tried to guard) Rickea alot and Miller saw and took advantage, Arike went 2-15, they got 4 easy pts when Howard went down and Wings didn't call time out. But hey,they were due some luck and it's a win.

Sparks have one more game, Tuesday afternoon against Jordy's Storm. I wish they were going into Olympic break now bc I don't think it will get better for the Sparks and RIckea. She did it all today, even played peacemaker when Arike and Nurse got huffy. Had the walk off post game interview on national TV, which she graciously insisted on sharing w Hamby. A very good ending to the first half of the season.

Sure did. What a bounce back fm a below par last game. She came up w the big buckets when they're needed most. Made a run in the first half, I think 8 straight pts, when the Wings had cut the lead. Then again in the 3rd when the Sparks were struggling to score, than 5 huge pts late to put the Sparks ahead for good. 23 pts (should have hit that last ft!) on 8-14 shooting, 7 rebs, 2 assists and a steal. Did have 3 t.o.s but 2 were offensive fouls. Her best game, she was active and intense fm the start. Even played decent D.

Rae never went back in after her stint in the first half, but did a good job then.

Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn sometime, and the Sparks had alot of good luck today. Azuri Stevens went 4-4 fm 3, Jacy Sheldon guarded (or tried to guard) Rickea alot and Miller saw and took advantage, Arike went 2-15, they got 4 easy pts when Howard went down and Wings didn't call time out. But hey, it's a win.

Sparks have one more game, Tuesday afternoon against Jordy's Storm. I wish they were going into Olympic break now bc I don't think it will get better for the Sparks and RIckea. She did it all today, even played peacemaker when Arike and Nurse got huffy and had the walk off post game interview on national TV. Which she graciously insisted on sharing w Hamby. A very good ending to the first half.
I was cackling because the announcers were like yea they go to kea when they need a bucket like Curt run more plays for her dude

I was cackling because the announcers were like yea they go to kea when they need a bucket like Curt run more plays for her dude
He said at halftime he knew she had a mismatch in the post and was trying to take advantage. Thought he did a good job of that, but I did think he kept her out too long in the first half when the Sparks were struggling to score. But all's well that ends well.

And the most ridiculous stat overload imaginable. First 3rd yr player to hit 2 layups w their offhand in consecutive games. Literally a record for every freaking thing.
You are not kidding! Some of these record breaking stats raise the question of who and why would anyone keep track of that? In sports betting you can place micro bets on arcane in game stats like will clark have more threes than TOs. I wonder if some of these stats reflect that influence?

Reactions: glv98

VN Store

Back