2024 WNBA Discussion Thread

He said at halftime he knew she had a mismatch in the post and was trying to take advantage. Thought he did a good job of that, but I did think he kept her out too long in the first half when the Sparks were struggling to score. But all's well that ends well.
I agree..how do you think they’ll fair against Seattle

I agree..how do you think they’ll fair against Seattle
Hard to say, probably won't fare very well but they did beat the Storm in their first preseason game and they have beat the dang Aces twice so you never know. The Storm beat the Sparks by 16 the last time they played, as usual the Sparks kept it close until the 4th qtr.

Sparks margin for error is razor thin so everything has to go right. Having Azuri Stevens back improves their chances greatly but she's not often going to go 4-4 from deep. That was golden in opening things up for Hamby yesterday. The Storm should be more able to guard Rickea; the Wings tried Sims, Arike, and finally gave up and just had Jacy Sheldon chase her from behind. I actually expect Jordy to be on Rickea some and she's much better defensively than anything the Wings tried. In turn the Storm will be very hard for the Sparks to guard. They don't really have a good matchup for Diggins unless McDonald has a huge game defensively. Loyd and Nneka, who will be playing in LA for the first time since she left, are top notch scorers and hard matchups for the Sparks.

I'll be happy if they keep it close and if Rickea can keep the upward momentum heading into the break. Her big challenge now is consistency. She can have big games, just has to do it dependably. Most of that is on her tho some is also on Miller using her right.

Hard to say, probably won't fare very well but they did beat the Storm in their first preseason game and they have beat the dang Aces twice so you never know. The Storm beat the Sparks by 16 the last time they played, as usual the Sparks kept it close until the 4th qtr.

Sparks margin for error is razor thin so everything has to go right. Having Azuri Stevens back improves their chances greatly but she's not often going to go 4-4 from deep. That was golden in opening things up for Hamby yesterday. The Storm should be more able to guard Rickea; the Wings tried Sims, Arike, and finally gave up and just had Jacy Sheldon chase her from behind. I actually expect Jordy to be on Rickea some and she's much better defensively than anything the Wings tried. In turn the Storm will be very hard for the Sparks to guard. They don't really have a good matchup for Diggins unless McDonald has a huge game defensively. Loyd and Nneka, who will be playing in LA for the first time since she left, are top notch scorers and hard matchups for the Sparks.

I'll be happy if they keep it close and if Rickea can keep the upward momentum heading into the break. Her big challenge now is consistency. She can have big games, just has to do it dependably. Most of that is on her tho some is also on Miller using her right.
Rickea having her rookie season in an Olympic year is fortuitous timing. A little mid-season break to recover and recharge before the stretch run of the season is pretty ideal.

Rickea having her rookie season in an Olympic year is fortuitous timing. A little mid-season break to recover and recharge before the stretch run of the season is pretty ideal.

I was just thinking that yesterday! The stars aligned for Kea this year, for sure. I enjoy watching her play so much, and I enjoy almost as much that she has managed to avoid being a member of the Drama Club. She is fairly quietly just going about her business. I love that for her AND for her mother -- also for the Tennessee Lady Vols. ALL of the former Lady Vols in the W are representing themselves and their families and their alma mater with dignity and class. Good stuff.

Clark really has been on the Olympics revenge tour. Cheryl Reeve is salty AF over there right now lmao.

Most balanced fever win of the season, Clark didn’t have her best game but her teammates stepped up. Much better passing and ball movement from everyone on the roster today.

Reactions: krichunaka
Lynx didn't have Collier. That was the difference. McBride and Carlton couldn't score enough.

It's late in the game and Jordy still looks good. Game is close and she just got a big block and hit a 3. Did get cooked on D by Powers, but this is the big leagues, everyone gets blown by fm time to time. Jordy has 12 pts on 6-8 shooting, 4 reb, 2 assists and 2 blocks. She has literally gotten better every game this year. Always good to see her have a good offensive game.

I need the Storm Homer Announcer Guy to tone it down about five notches. Lots of fake excitement.

Last edited:
Rickea having her rookie season in an Olympic year is fortuitous timing. A little mid-season break to recover and recharge before the stretch run of the season is pretty ideal
I'm sure they're very glad for the break. OTOH, the compressed schedule meant every team had a brutal two week stretch to get all the games in. For the Sparks that was 9 games in 18 days w 2 straight weeks on the road in 5 cities, mostly against the best teams in the league. The spin through Conn and NY was just espec. brutal and definitely the low point for Rickea since she's been starting. That's when she tweeted out the praying hands lol. Not sure she considered herself fortuitous right then.

The players complained that schedule contributed to a much higher than normal injury rate this season due to lack of recovery and rest time. Also means no practice time which makes it tough on the rookies.

I believe Ms Thing just slapped the sh@t out of this girl. Think it started off as CC's normal push off motion but she was extra frustrated bc she broke the league single season record for turnovers today and took an intentional poke at her. She was very correctly assessed a tech.

Now be honest, if anyone, esp Angel or Chennedy had done this to Caitlin there would have been hell to pay.

I believe Ms Thing just slapped the sh@t out of this girl. Think it started off as CC's normal push off motion but she was extra frustrated bc she broke the league single season record for turnovers today and took an intentional poke at her. She was very correctly assessed a tech.

Now be honest, if anyone, esp Angel or Chennedy had done this to Caitlin there would have been hell to pay.

No, clearly the Lynx player assaulted Clark's invaluable off hand with her face!! It is a face conspiracy!!!

CC can be quite petulant. I believe the story that she busted her brothers head open when he beat her at game (as kids).

She was terrible in the first half and really, really bad in the 3rd. To her credit, she and her team put together a good 4th quarter to get a needed win over a depleted Lynx team. Those games at the ones a bubble playoff team has to win.

Great game for Jordy. She is starting to string these together. 8 for 11 is super efficient.

Reactions: glv98
I can't say that's a good look. Combined with that game a few nights back where Chicago was behind big but Reese was out there shouting for the ball so she could get her 10 points, it's just not a good look. It makes the streak seem far less important, and far more insignificant, than it otherwise would. Kind of sorry, after a fashion.

And this isn't about the Reese-Clark crap. I'm just talking about the pursuit of stat padding at the end of blowout losses (and really padding in general, but these are so blatant that they're impossible to miss). Don't care who's the one doing it. I would say this about anyone, even Tennessee players. If a Vol or Lady Vol was chasing individual stats or streaks while Tennessee was getting beaten senseless, I would not be ... well, let's just say, appreciative.
Plus she just throws some offfensive Rebounds off the board then gets another crack at it.

The media is bad enough, now you also. Good grief

Jordy getting some love from ESPN.com WNBA power rankings​

4. Seattle Storm (16-8)​

Previous ranking: 5
gn-arrow.png

This week: @ LA (July 16)

The Storm closed a nine-game homestand with a 7-2 record, their only losses coming to Chicago on July 5 and to the Aces on Wednesday. That stretch also coincided with Jordan Horston moving into the starting lineup, which has paid dividends. On Sunday, for example, the former Tennessee standout finished with 16 points, 5 rebounds, 3 assists, 3 steals and 2 blocks in Seattle's 81-70 victory over the Dream.

There was 8 sec left after that play and Lib had the ball and said nope themselves and just dribbled it out. They could have made one more attempt. Maybe Spoon thought since she enabled the streak last game and since AR was 3-13 she'd let it go.

Hell Angel will only start another one the second half. She's going to set double double records no one will ever touch. Credit to her.

To me that looked like Lindsey Allen saying, “enough is enough, we done.” Lol. She was NOT throwing that back in there. Classiest move was to dribble it out.

Reactions: glv98

Jordy getting some love from ESPN.com WNBA power rankings​

4. Seattle Storm (16-8)​

Previous ranking: 5
gn-arrow.png

This week: @ LA (July 16)

The Storm closed a nine-game homestand with a 7-2 record, their only losses coming to Chicago on July 5 and to the Aces on Wednesday. That stretch also coincided with Jordan Horston moving into the starting lineup, which has paid dividends. On Sunday, for example, the former Tennessee standout finished with 16 points, 5 rebounds, 3 assists, 3 steals and 2 blocks in Seattle's 81-70 victory over the Dream.

She has been playing so well, love to see it. Still think she needs to improve her deep ball (and she can) but man she’s looking good. Her elevation is out of this world, I think she may have the best vertical leap in the W. Kah Copper can get up too, but I don’t think she’s close to Jordy on the hops.

VN Store

Back