2024 WNBA Discussion Thread

they're only doing that bc you worship CC
Youve been on a roll lately, but notice I don’t even mention that girl at all unless her name is in the conversation. you won’t see me on here talking about someone I don’t like everyday. But I do notice others do it all over social media.

Rickea had a personal 5 pt run to tie the game, then Rae hit her 3rd 3 to take the lead 25-22. Storm are much better defensively when Jordy is in the game. Rae 9, RJ 8, Jordy 5. Go LVFLs

LOL and just as I say that Rae just cooked Jordy on D and got her 11th pt

Last edited:
Rae really on one today, so glad to see her healthy and moving well again. Such a nice player. One of the best, and most underrated recruits we’ve had at Tennessee. Holly did a nice job getting her to Knoxville.

Reactions: Lucy
Rickea just scored directly over Jordy and created the space w a lil elbow to the tummy. She's said she learned you gotta hit them before they hit you. I imagine that scenerio has played out in practice several times before.

Rae's magic has worn off a bit, but the Sparks are hanging on 29-27.

Rae w the halftime interview. Great to see her shots drop today.

Rae really on one today, so glad to see her healthy and moving well again. Such a nice player. One of the best, and most underrated recruits we’ve had at Tennessee. Holly did a nice job getting her to Knoxville.
Crazy take, but I have to think the staff that actually coached her had something to do with it. In fact, that staff has to feel pretty darn good watching this game today.

Jordy 10 pts 6 reb 4-4 shooting, Rickea 10 pts 3 reb 1 steal on 4-7 shooting and Rae 12 pts 1 reb 1 block on 4-6 shooting.

Mercedes Russell, W journeyman who was actually coached by Holly, played a minute and a half and had 1 t.o. and 1 foul.

Rae w the halftime interview. Great to see her shots drop today.

Crazy take, but I have to think the staff that actually coached her had something to do with it. In fact, that staff has to feel pretty darn good watching this game today.

Jordy 10 pts 6 reb 4-4 shooting, Rickea 10 pts 3 reb 1 steal on 4-7 shooting and Rae 12 pts 1 reb 1 block on 4-6 shooting.

Mercedes Russell, W journeyman who was actually coached by Holly, played a minute and a half and had 1 t.o. and 1 foul.

Some folks just can't miss any opportunity to take a dig at Kellie.

Great stat lines for our LVFLs. Jordy is grooving in her sophomore season.

Starts Nurse instead of Rae in 2nd half.

Storm pulling away now, Jordy w 12 and 7 and 2 blocks, Rickea 14 and 4 but she's missed a couple of easy shots.

Hamby having a rough game, just 8 pts on 4-11, Sparks have no chance if she doesn't score. Also, as usual, the guards are awful, McDonald with another bad game.

Last edited:
Reactions: madtownvol
89-83 final, the LV fest definitely cooled in the second half but still nice stat lines. Jordy 14 pts on 6-10 shooting,8 reb. 1 assist and 2 blocks, played 32 mins. Rickea couldn't find the bucket in the second half, had 16 pts on 6-17 shooting, 6 reb, 4 assists and a steal, played 38 mins. Rae had 18 pts on 6-9 shooting, 3 reb, an assist, a steal and 2 blocks in 31 mins. Way to represent.

Rickea has to be more consistent on offense. She has great spurts, then long lapses where she can't score. She missed a wide open 3 late that would have made a huge difference. That said, one way she's really grown is contributing in other ways and being aggressive and involved. If/when she makes the jump to finishing more efficiently, hopefully in the second half of the season, she'll be the player we watched in college. She's come a long way in the first half.

For a team with an awful record, the Sparks are actually fun to watch. Stevens makes a huge difference and they're incredibly scrappy which makes most games close. As from the first game, they desperately need a point guard.

Finally showing why she’s the best and most talented rookie in this class.

Don't know about best rookie, arguably most talented tho the CC cult will scream at that, but her challenge is to be more efficient and effective. We know it's there, hope to see it unlocked the second half.

Rae has a similar challenge. Rae will go 6 games and can't buy a 3 then have a game where she can't miss. Has to spread it out, and that may come with more mins.

Jordy just needs to be left alone and to stay healthy. She's in a great place going into the break. You can see her confidence in her offense growing.

I'm afraid Mercedes Russell is kind of an afterthought. Mostly bc Megadore is having a great year, as if the Storm needed more than Nnecka, Jewel, and the incredibly whiney SDS, who reminds me so much of CC in her on court pouty demeanor.

Two more games tonight, first the Sun and Liberty, the two best teams in the league. Then Angel and the Sky at the Aces. Should be a good finish to the first half.

Last edited:
Don't know about best rookie, arguably most talented tho the CC cult will scream at that, but her challenge is to be more efficient and effective. We know it's there, hope to see it unlocked the second half.

Rae has a similar challenge. Rae will go 6 games and can't buy a 3 then have a game where she can't miss. Has to spread it out, and that may come with more mins.

Jordy just needs to be left alone and to stay healthy. She's in a great place going into the break. You can see her confidence in her offense growing.
She’s the best and I could care less what that Klan thinks, she can score at 3 levels and no other rookie can do that like she does. If anyone wants to show me another rookie that can hit the 3, the mid range and also post up and get a bucket I’ll be waiting for the reply, but I doubt that happens.

Reactions: Lucy
She’s the best and I could care less what that Klan thinks, she can score at 3 levels and no other rookie can do that like she does. If anyone wants to show me another rookie that can hit the 3, the mid range and also post up and get a bucket I’ll be waiting for the reply, but I doubt that happens.
Don't think there's any question she's the best potential offensive player. Her D has come a long, long way and her assists and rebounds are up. But she's not going to triple double, I'd be shocked if she got 10 assists. That's not her job.

Again, Rickea has to finish strong in crucial situations to be in the 'best' talks. She's doing great tho.

Show me another rookie that’s a guard/wing that can do this, especially creating their own shot with no screens, she’s the best and that’s by far.

Show me another rookie that’s a guard/wing that can do this, especially creating their own shot with no screens, she’s the best and that’s by far.

Did the announcer say out of Mississippi State?🧐

Did the announcer say out of Mississippi State?🧐
Mumbled something incoherent about Miss St at one point but they mostly talked about the LVs, even sang Rocky Top at one point.

Had to feel bad for Zia Cooke today. She's part of a group that included Jordy, Rickea, Boston and Zia who played AAU together and against ea other since high school, made college visits together, and whose Moms remain good friends. Has to be tough for her getting so little time while the other 3 are obviously going to be long time stars. Bad as Sparks need a pg, Zia just ain't it.

First half ends w a coach/rookie love fest:

VN Store

Back