2024 WNBA Discussion Thread

Spoke it into existence😂
You're welcome! Really it was so obvious I can't take credit for it. Sims did great in Dallas; they were very bummed to have to let her go but they didn't have a spot when Maddy S and Satou came back. Don't know if Sims will be available today or not but should help a ton. It's going to be interesting to see what RIckea can do w an actual PG. Hasn't had that all year, except for a few nice games by Ari.

Thwy c
You're welcome! Really it was so obvious I can't take credit for it. Sims did great in Dallas; they were very bummed to have to let her go but they didn't have a spot when Maddy S and Satou came back. Don't know if Sims will be available today or not but should help a ton. It's going to be interesting to see what RIckea can do w an actual PG. Hasn't had that all year, except for a few nice games by Ari.
They can build more on Jacy but yes can’t wait to see how kea does with O

Dang wish we could stop here! Sparks up 46-42 at halftime. A rare good game fm Kia Nurse and good PG play fm Sims and Dangerfield, the Sparks assisted on 12 of 15 fgs! Sims is going to make a huge difference. Sign her to a contract! Good D by all the Sparks, and a bonehead T on Carter helped alot too. Rickea got taken out early for a little while, not sure why, but Rae played well. Rickea ended up w a good half, 7 pts on 3-6 shooting, 3 rebs and an assist, no t.o.s

OTOH, Angel really struggled. Was 1-7 and sat most of the 2nd qtr. She did have 5 boards, but honestly they were almost all off her own misses. She's been a second half player all year so I'm sure she'll have a better finish, as will the Sky. It's Kamilla that the Sparks have had trouble with.

Probably won't hold up, but the Sparks have played way better today.

Last edited:
Sparks that game was winnable🤦🏽‍♀️ smh
When the magic of a rare good Kia Nurse game wore off, and Dangerfield's magic fm 3 faded, the Sparks just couldn't score. Hamby couldn't score the whole game, she's too short to go against Reese and Kamilla. Miller has GOT to find a way to get Rickea more shots in those situations. I think she only got 1 or 2 shots up the 4th qtr. He shouldn't have taken her out halfway thru the 3rd when she was going good but got a 3rd foul. If it was 4th yeah, but not 3rd. That's when the Sparks quit scoring. She ended w 13 pts and 5 rebs. and did play much harder today.

Rae had another really good game. Wish she could nail a few more shots though. I thought Sims didn't play enough in the second half, she made a huge difference in the first half.

Angel gonna get the double double every dang time. But she was way off today, 4-13, but did go 6-8 fm ft and had 14 pts and 11 rebs. She seemed particularly tired or frustrated today. Kamilla had one of her best games of the season. Stevens was no match.

When the magic of a rare good Kia Nurse game wore off, and Dangerfield's magic fm 3 faded, the Sparks just couldn't score. Hamby couldn't score the whole game, she's too short to go against Reese and Kamilla. Miller has GOT to find a way to get Rickea more shots in those situations. I think she only got 1 or 2 shots up the 4th qtr. He shouldn't have taken her out halfway thru the 3rd when she was going good but got a 3rd foul. If it was 4th yeah, but not 3rd. That's when the Sparks quit scoring. She ended w 13 pts and 5 rebs. and did play much harder today.

Rae had another really good game. Wish she could nail a few more shots though. I thought Sims didn't play enough in the second half, she made a huge difference in the first half.

Angel gonna get the double double every dang time. But she was way off today, 4-13, but did go 6-8 fm ft and had 14 pts and 11 rebs. She seemed particularly tired or frustrated today. Kamilla had one of her best games of the season. Stevens was no match.
kea got in foul trouble but he kept her out to long I would’ve kept her in after her 3rd foul too and they said O just got off the plane so wasn’t expecting much

Yea angel still got the double but I agree she was off but I’m side eyeing hamby they play aces tomorrow don’t just turn up on them do it to everyone else too

Yea angel still got the double but I agree she was off but I’m side eyeing hamby they play aces tomorrow don’t just turn up on them do it to everyone else too
To be fair, Hamby is usually a fierce fighter. She was just overwhelmed by Kamilla's size and had her worst game of the year.

Tomorrow is another day. I'm ready for Rickea to take that next definitive step forward where she can take over a game like today. It feels so close.

Good for Rae's positive momentum, she had 7 pts and 3 assists.

To be fair, Hamby is usually a fierce fighter. She was just overwhelmed by Kamilla's size and had her worst game of the year.

Tomorrow is another day. I'm ready for Rickea to take that next definitive step forward where she can take over a game like today. It feels so close.

Good for Rae's positive momentum, she had 7 pts and 3 assists.
Yea n stevens didn’t shoot well either

Kea gone turn up tomorrow she usually plays real well against the aces just need Kurt to fully give her the green light n run more plays for her

Rae is good but he should’ve tried Zia today too

Rae is good but he should’ve tried Zia today too
Nah, Dangerfield and Sims played well until the 4th qtr when they couldn't score and wouldn't pass. Zia sure wouldn't have helped that situation. In fact, they probably should outright release Zia and sign Sims to a rest of the season contract.

Last edited:
Nah, Dangerfield and Sims played well until the 4th qtr when they couldn't score and wouldn't pass. Zia sure wouldn't have helped that situation. In fact, they probably should outright release Zia and sign Sims to a rest of the season contract.
Idk the one thing she can do is get to the rim someone would’ve fouled her

Looking at the stats shot 19-26 from free throw there go the points right there
Shot 27 3’s only made 9
Only 10 to
Out rebounded 42 to 33 but I’ll take that

Reactions: glv98
Since I said Seattle would have a good playoff run they've crashed. Lost to Atlanta and yesterday in Indy fairly decisively. And got chippy about it with Indy! Quiet game for Jordy - 4 pts 2 reb and an assist in 30 mins. She also turned up in confrontation btw coaches, got to be careful leaving the bench area in these situations. Mercedes was also ineffective, didn't score in 12 mins, had 3 reb.

Really starting to dislike Diggins-Smith. SUCH a drama queen. It's the speedwalking for me. I don't think CC is out of line here:

Here's the confrontation btw coaches, apparently the usually classy Noelle Quinn took offense, either to Indy keeping their starters in or CC celebrating in front of their bench. She even put her hands on Sides. Grow up buttercup. You have bigger probs, like 3 high propensity gunners who currently can't make shots. Big sore loser vibes.

Sides reportedly apologized later, for what I have no idea. Clark was incredible, again. Still punchable tho.

Last edited:
Since I said Seattle would have a good playoff run they've crashed. Lost to Atlanta and yesterday in Indy fairly decisively. And got chippy about it with Indy! Quiet game for Jordy - 4 pts 2 reb and an assist in 30 mins. She also turned up in confrontation btw coaches, got to be careful leaving the bench area in these situations. Mercedes was also ineffective, didn't score in 12 mins, had 3 reb.

Really starting to dislike Diggins-Smith. SUCH a drama queen. It's the speedwalking for me. I don't think CC is out of line here:

Here's the confrontation btw coaches, apparently the usually classy Noelle Quinn took offense, either to Indy keeping their starters in or CC celebrating in front of their bench. She even put her hands on Sides. Grow up buttercup. You have bigger probs, like 3 high propensity gunners who currently can't make shots. Big sore loser vibes.

Sides reportedly apologized later, for what I have no idea. Clark was incredible, again. Still punchable tho.

Diggins-Smith career has been nothing but drama. Every season it’s something.

Reactions: Rixxx and glv98
Angel had 20 rebs! And shot a decent percentage, including a couple of midrange jumpers. But the Sky got thumped by the Mercury. Also, Spoon pulled Angel when she had 19 pts and 20 rebs, just needed a point for an incredible 20/20 double double. Spoon keeps a tight reign on Angel's ego.

Izzy Harrison had a nice game - 12 pts 6 rebs a steal and a block in 24 mins. OTOH, Diamond continues to falter. Only 5 mins and didn't score. Diamond may never be the same player after all her injuries.

Rickea had one of her best overall games against the Aces - 15 pts on 7-11 shooting, 5 rebs, 2 steals, an assist, a block. Played 34 mins bc she never made a mistake for Curt to yank her for. Actually played some really good D:

Of course 11 shots is not near enough and they still can't find her and Curt can't manage to scheme for her late in the game when the Sparks need a bucket. When/if they ever do, I believe she can take the next step from a consistent mid teens scorer to the 18-20 pt scorer we know she can be. Also, she need to keep working on her 3 shot. I've never understood why a shot that pure has so much trouble just being a 35% long range shooter.

This is my fave play, she's used this baseline hesi several times this year, this against Ms Aja Wilson:

She said just recently Aja was a vet who had been really kind and encouraging to her:

To top off the spicy day, Becky Hammond went nuclear on Hamby. Seems like awfully loose lips in an ongoing lawsuit. The Vegas crowd booed Hamby every time she touched the ball, even tho she was a big part of their championship a couple of years ago. Not sure why all this got stirred up again, maybe a motion or something this week, but this dispute is old news.

Indiana Fever have 2nd easiest schedule for rest of season.

Fever gets 5th overall seed in playoffs by passing both Phoenix and Seattle.

I think they’ll will pass Phoenix for 6th. If Seattle implodes they could end up 5th but it will be close.

That last game was Seattle’s worst since the first few games of the season. Pretty sure they thought Indy was just gonna roll over since they already beat them handily a couple times.

Reactions: glv98
I think they’ll will pass Phoenix for 6th. If Seattle implodes they could end up 5th but it will be close.

That last game was Seattle’s worst since the first few games of the season. Pretty sure they thought Indy was just gonna roll over since they already beat them handily a couple times.
Indiana is a much better Defensive team after the break, Clark seems fresh after the 20+ days off and team looks good in first two games .

Reactions: chuckiepoo

VN Store

Back