40-41 year old Millenials

True conservatives support lifting people up. Encouraging people to be on drugs does not lift them up. Drugs bring people down.
It depends on the drug and to a large extent on the person. I don't know how meth, PCP, or oxy (showing my age) abuse ever boosted anyone's life. But some drugs are enjoyable and enhance life experiences, or so I hear.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
Legalizing drugs says to people that it's okay. Therefore it is a form of encouragement. People being addicted to drugs or doing them on a regular recreational basis creates lack of motivation. Lack of motivation leads to laziness. Laziness leads to people not wanting to work.

We need to be encouraging people to be responsible and to contribute to society in good ways.

What else are you okay with legalizing?
There's an easy solution to that. If you're fit for work and don't work, then you don't eat.
We don't need the government in our personal lives. You sound more like a comrade than a conservative.

This is why I said the devil is in the details, is welfare really cheaper than jail? I mean it is, but does it move the needle?

Until/unless we develop and practice aid that is effective and relatively short term, hooking them on the government teet is just as bad as hooking them on drugs imo.

For drugs in particular, there is a lot of promising studies with low dose psychedelics such as ayahuasca and psilocybin.

In theory, if those studies work out, drug rehabilitation would become quite cheap.

victimless crimes. Those that don't violate the rights of another
If someone is high on drugs it can cause them to be in a state of mind to where they could cause harm to someone. Correct?

What you guys are advocating for is not a form of conservatism. It sounds like a form of libertarian Marxism.

This is why I said the devil is in the details, is welfare really cheaper than jail? I mean it is, but does it move the needle?

Until/unless we develop and practice aid that is effective and relatively short term, hooking them on the government teet is just as bad as hooking them on drugs imo.
Stealing an idea from elsewhere, if we're going to put people in jail for use or low level dealing (which usually coincides with use), then put them in a secure rehab facility and not a regular lockup.
Ideally we can scrap the jail time and just go with the rehab services.

If someone is high on drugs it can cause them to be in a state of mind to where they could cause harm to someone. Correct?

What you guys are advocating for is not a form of conservatism. It sounds like a form of libertarian Marxism.

And you’re talk about motivation and laziness sounds like Red Foreman lecturing Eric. Next you’re gonna threaten a boot up our ass and tell us that smoking pot leads to Communism.

HIs statement contains the phrase "Don't violate".

Your reply uses the phrase "Could cause".

See the difference?

Stealing an idea from elsewhere, if we're going to put people in jail for use or low level dealing (which usually coincides with use), then put them in a secure rehab facility and not a regular lockup.
Ideally we can scrap the jail time and just go with the rehab services.

Unless the drug use causes them to wreck their car into someone/ assault someone/ or endanger a minor in their custody, why do we need to put them anywhere? Why can’t we just leave them on their front porch until they stop seeing teddy bears?

If someone eats too much fast food and has a heart attack on 75 South in Atlanta traffic they could cause harm to someone. Can we padlock all the McDonalds?

People are always in a state of mind to harm others.

Should online gaming be made illegal? People have called SWAT on people they lose to and that has lead to innocent people being shot. Just because they got upset.

It's illegal once someone gets hurt.

For drugs in particular, there is a lot of promising studies with low dose psychedelics such as ayahuasca and psilocybin.

In theory, if those studies work out, drug rehabilitation would become quite cheap.
Is that a one time treatment, or a life time?

HIs statement contains the phrase "Don't violate".

Your reply uses the phrase "Could cause".

See the difference?
If you have overwhelming proof that legalizing all drugs is good for society then please provide it.

Also. What conservative politicians are out there advocating for the legalization of all did?

Are these beliefs that you and others are willing to share in Sunday school class?

Unless the drug use causes them to wreck their car into someone/ assault someone/ or endanger a minor in their custody, why do we need to put them anywhere? Why can’t we just leave them on their front porch until they stop seeing teddy bears?
Hence the 'if we're going to...' wording. I'd like to see us ultimately stop the criminal prosecution of users and treat those who get in trouble with abuse as a mental health issue. And while we're at it we need to really improve our mental health system.

People are always in a state of mind to harm others.

Should online gaming be made illegal? People have called SWAT on people they lose to and that has lead to innocent people being shot. Just because they got upset.

It's illegal once someone gets hurt.
We're not talking about online gambling here. With the exception of buying a few lottery tickets a year, I don't gamble. Please stick to the subject.

Second. How many in here are willing to go live in a neighborhood with a high amount of drug addicts?

If you have overwhelming proof that legalizing all drugs is good for society then please provide it.

Also. What conservative politicians are out there advocating for the legalization of all did?

Are these beliefs that you and others are willing to share in Sunday school class?

None of these statements or questions provide a simple answer to the simple question I asked.

Try again.

Hence the 'if we're going to...' wording. I'd like to see us ultimately stop the criminal prosecution of users and treat those who get in trouble with abuse as a mental health issue. And while we're at it we need to really improve our mental health system.

Im generally very anti tax. But very much in favor of Legalizing rec drugs and putting it towards mental health and more child Social service workers so fewer abused kids go unnoticed because the system is overworked.

Anyone could cause harm to anyone at any time. The act of using drugs does not have a victim. Causing harm has a victim and is what should be illegal

How does individual freedom= marxism?

We're not talking about online gambling here. With the exception of buying a few lottery tickets a year, I don't gamble. Please stick to the subject.

Second. How many in here are willing to go live in a neighborhood with a high amount of drug addicts?

He said online gaming. Not online gambling This is really going poorly for you.

I like jam band concerts and marijuana. What makes you think I go to Sunday school??

I do. I'm convinced most of the housewives in our hood are alcoholics. They also aren't scared of a little thc

Gaming. Not gambling. Like Halo,call of Duty, etc. People have died because of the mental state others were put in due to online gaming. Isnt that the subject, things that can lead others to want to cause harm.

And I like how you say stay on subject and then throw out a red herring in the next point.

Alcohol can cause the same issue as drugs. It's legal. I think most little c conservatives want drugs treated like alcohol. Maybe lower the age for both would be the only dispute.

VN Store

Back