AJ's Tweet?

Hey guy`s if you want a former vol and someone who is still involved with football opinion check out Jerry Colquitt`s write up on Tony Basilio`s page.

Reactions: 1 person
If I didn't know any better, I'd think that I was on an Oregon board from all of these posts praising Oregon and slamming UT.. It's a football game.. U are supposed to talk crap and think your team will win the game..

U guys are jokes.

AC gets it and I agree.

Like I posted elsewhere, I hope we don't see him in any man coverages

I think we play a 4-2-5 defense against them most of the game. I really don't get the knock on AJ, he's good, he doesn't need to be a Tampa 2 MLB... I mean, look at Clay Matthews, 6'3, 240, 4.65 40, almost dead on what AJ is.

He was 4th in the nation last year, not this year. Was also 1st in the SEC. 10 straight games with double digit tackles, all of the big games. Kid is a baller and is under appreciated by a lot because he isn't the fastest out there.

I thought the stats were for this year.....

Our own coaches have downplayed the number of tackles stat and challenged him about being a better LB--Just read their comments and the vids about him from the Spring!

I'll stand by my prior comments--He's got room for a TON of improvement.

I just hope we make it through the game without any injuries!

GO VOLS! :salute:

2013 SEC Coaches Preseason First Team All-SEC
2013 Media Preseason First Team All-SEC
2013 Rotary Lombardi Award Watch List
2013 Butkus Award Watch List
2013 Preseason Bronko Nagurski Trophy Preseason Watch List
Bednarik Award Watch List
2013 Lott Trophy Watch List
2013 Lindy's Preseason Second Team All-American
2013 Lindy's Preseason First Team All-SEC
2013 Lindy's Preseason No. 3 Top Inside Linebacker
2013 Athlon Sports Preseason First Team All-SEC
2013 Athlon Sports Preseason Fourth Team All-American
2013 Sporting News Preseason Second Team All-American
2013 Sporting News Preseason First Team All-SEC
  • 2013 Phil Steele Preseason Third Team All-American
  • 2013 Phil Steele Preseason First Team All-SEC
  • 2012 Coaches All-SEC Second Team
  • Member of 2012 Preseason Butkus Watch List
  • 2012 All-SEC Preseason Second Team by league media
  • 2012 All-SEC Preseason Third Team by league coaches
  • CFPA Hon. Mention Linebacker of the Week (Oct. 14, 2012)
  • 2011 Consensus Freshman All-American
  • 2011 First-Team Freshman All-American by Football Writers of America, The Sporting News, Fox Sports, Phil Steele, Yahoo! Sports
  • 2011 five Freshman All-American honors set Tennessee record, breaking mark of four by Eric Berry in 2009
  • 2011 SEC All-Freshman Team selection
  • SEC Freshman of the Week (10/22 Alabama)
A.J. Johnson Bio - UTSPORTS.COM - University of Tennessee Athletics

Reactions: 3 people
I wish you guys downing our players would just STFU!!!!!!!!!! Players read this forum you know....seriously STFU!! You are a bunch of pathetic losers with loser mindsets..AJ's mindset is that of a winner and i want all of my players believing like he does.....even if you little negative pansies had the body of AL Wilson, i still wouldn't want you playing because of your no confident loser mindset...

I wish you guys downing our players would just STFU!!!!!!!!!! Players read this forum you know....seriously STFU!! You are a bunch of pathetic losers with loser mindsets..AJ's mindset is that of a winner and i want all of my players believing like he does.....even if you little negative pansies had the body of AL Wilson, i still wouldn't want you playing because of your no confident loser mindset...

What was his mindset last year? Confidence doesn't breed results. Defense SEEMS to be better this year collectively but AJ still hasn't been impressive.

2013 SEC Coaches Preseason First Team All-SEC
2013 Media Preseason First Team All-SEC
2013 Rotary Lombardi Award Watch List
2013 Butkus Award Watch List
2013 Preseason Bronko Nagurski Trophy Preseason Watch List
Bednarik Award Watch List
2013 Lott Trophy Watch List
2013 Lindy's Preseason Second Team All-American
2013 Lindy's Preseason First Team All-SEC
2013 Lindy's Preseason No. 3 Top Inside Linebacker
2013 Athlon Sports Preseason First Team All-SEC
2013 Athlon Sports Preseason Fourth Team All-American
2013 Sporting News Preseason Second Team All-American
2013 Sporting News Preseason First Team All-SEC
  • 2013 Phil Steele Preseason Third Team All-American
  • 2013 Phil Steele Preseason First Team All-SEC
  • 2012 Coaches All-SEC Second Team
  • Member of 2012 Preseason Butkus Watch List
  • 2012 All-SEC Preseason Second Team by league media
  • 2012 All-SEC Preseason Third Team by league coaches
  • CFPA Hon. Mention Linebacker of the Week (Oct. 14, 2012)
  • 2011 Consensus Freshman All-American
  • 2011 First-Team Freshman All-American by Football Writers of America, The Sporting News, Fox Sports, Phil Steele, Yahoo! Sports
  • 2011 five Freshman All-American honors set Tennessee record, breaking mark of four by Eric Berry in 2009
  • 2011 SEC All-Freshman Team selection
  • SEC Freshman of the Week (10/22 Alabama)
A.J. Johnson Bio - UTSPORTS.COM - University of Tennessee Athletics

And still can't cover a WKU back on a pass route....Reality bites....

AJ ain't the player he's made out to be on Volnation....He still has PLENTY of room to improve--and he's 4th in the nation in tackles after we have played AP and WKU....Just trying to keep it real.....It could get ugly for the Vols against Oregon....I love my Vols, but we ain't ready for #2 in the land...yet! :salute:

Quacks 51 Vols 21

GO VOLS

Ok guy

He is saying that speed doesn't matter when they are on the ground. He is saying power beats speed. Hope he is right and LOVE the confidence, I just am not a fan of social media smack talk like that. I like going in quiet and confident and letting the opponent get shocked when you come out in hit them in the mouth (not literally of course)

That's just me though

Power beats speed? Tell that to the 2001 Vols, who destroyed "powerful" Michigan.

AJ Johnson is a very fine linebacker. Dude is a baller. Loves contact. Has a nose for the football.

He was thrown into the fray as a freshman - and he made plays! Big plays!
He's on his 3rd linebackers coach (in 3 years).
He gives his all for Tennessee.

Yes, he's not the fastest guy on the field.
Yes, he's struggled in identifying/recognizing plays.
Yes, he's gonna be blocked from time to time.

But I'm glad he plays on our team.
It's time we stop criticizing our players viciously. I'm not talking about recognizing their weakness -that's understandable. But some on here dismiss, talk down, brutally demean our own freaking Vols who have weathered one of the worst stretches of coaching in Tennessee football history!

I support AJ.

Go Vols!

Reactions: 4 people
How about we don't even show up against Oregon and just focus on Florida next? How about we bash our own players? How about we be negative and tell ourselves we don't stand a chance in this game? How about we just email Butch Jones and tell him that we suck and don't have enough speed on our team? I've heard all that crap all week and personally I'm getting tired of our OWN fans bashing our OWN team. I don't care if Oregon was the #1 team in the country, we have a chance to win this game! Coach Jones is not coaching this team for nothing and you guys need a little confidence in your life.

Reactions: 3 people
How about we don't even show up against Oregon and just focus on Florida next? How about we bash our own players? How about we be negative and tell ourselves we don't stand a chance in this game? How about we just email Butch Jones and tell him that we suck and don't have enough speed on our team? I've heard all that crap all week and personally I'm getting tired of our OWN fans bashing our OWN team. I don't care if Oregon was the #1 team in the country, we have a chance to win this game! Coach Jones is not coaching this team for nothing and you guys need a little confidence in your life.

Nobody here is bashing a player just calling it how they see. That said everyone will be pulling for the big orange Saturday hopeful for an upset. Can't help some of you can't be realistic but there's a reason we're a 28 point underdog.

You guys rag on AJ, but he was only the 2nd leading tackler in the SEC last year and our best defensive player. Despite he's flaws in pass coverage, I'm glad he's wearing orange and not whoever we're playing. Give'em hell, AJ.

Just my two cents in this thread.

VN Store

Back