Arian Foster admits to taking money at UT...

Here we are putting in all this work posting while Freak is driving around in a Lexus because of Volnation money, I demand tacos or am going to do something stupid

Reactions: 4 people
Let's look at the facts.

Arian's scholarship, with room and board was worth about $38k.
Cost Estimators | One Stop

Further, there are Pell grants available for these athletes, which will MORE than cover the cost of living.
Many football student-athletes qualify for a Pell Grant based on several factors, but most earn a Pell Grant based on a lack of wealth from their parents. According to collegeboard.com, “The U.S. Department of Education uses a standard formula to evaluate the information you supply when applying for a Pell Grant.
Source: Football Players Receive $17,000 Annually in Cash, all within NCAA Rules « HolyTurf

Arian decided to live off campus and pay rent and forgo a meal plan then he is an idiot who needs to be punched in the throat for lamenting this situation. HOw about Arian go away and never come back to campus. The problem is that no one in the media is brave enought to call BS on these people.

These guys are LIARS.

Reactions: 1 person
My point is that if he wasn't using money for rent he could buy his own food. He chose to live somewhere that he had to pay for. Unless I'm wrong and athletes don't get free room and board in the dorms, then he put himself in that position.

My guess is that pursuant to the scholarship, the school will pay them the amount that it takes for on-campus room and board. Let's say that is $1000/month. Then, the players get that amount to pay rent if they want to live off campus. I think that's how it works.

In this case at least, I don't think anyone is debating the validity of the issue, but rather the way in which Arian has chosen to tackle it.

True, but how long to people have to wait before this problem is addressed?

I agree with Arian. It's bull crap that a coach can't buy you a meal. Just freaking stupid. Just because your schooling is paid for doesn't mean you always have food and playing a sport there is no time for a job. Yeah you could eat at the cafeteria but coming from a student that crap gets old. And a lot of times it is closed after practice and meetings. This stuff is happening at every major school in the country. It's just a matter if someone wants to spill the beans or if they get caught. I think now people are letting it out and the media is searching harder because of the recent push in wanting to pay college athletes.

Let's look at the facts.

Arian's scholarship, with room and board was worth about $38k.
Cost Estimators | One Stop

Further, there are Pell grants available for these athletes, which will MORE than cover the cost of living.

Source: Football Players Receive $17,000 Annually in Cash, all within NCAA Rules « HolyTurf

Arian decided to live off campus and pay rent and forgo a meal plan then he is an idiot who needs to be punched in the throat for lamenting this situation. HOw about Arian go away and never come back to campus. The problem is that no one in the media is brave enought to call BS on these people.

These guys are LIARS.

We have a winner.

Reactions: 1 person
Normal college students don't play on an X-box and drink smoothies?

I'm not defending anything about Foster himself here. I just think it's dumb that people expect college kids to stay in the dorm, eat nothing but dorm food, get by with very little spending money because they can't have a job, etc., and then act SHOCKED!! when they go outside the system. I'm sure the Vols' dorms and lounges are very nice, but it has to feel like living in a bubble. Normal students live off campus, have jobs, eat what they want, buy what they can save up for.

The system is broken.

This.

Foster, the gift that just keeps giving. What a joke of a statement. The football players eat better than anyone on campus. Maybe he kept losing money like he did footballs.

So Arian tell us, did you fumble in those critical situations that cost you teammates the win because you were "doing something stupid" your words.

damn it's something every week, every season, every sports.
These guys get rich...then they start singing like a parrot !

I'm not defending anything about Foster himself here. I just think it's dumb that people expect college kids to stay in the dorm, eat nothing but dorm food, get by with very little spending money because they can't have a job, etc., and then act SHOCKED!! when they go outside the system. I'm sure the Vols' dorms and lounges are very nice, but it has to feel like living in a bubble. Normal students live off campus, have jobs, eat what they want, buy what they can save up for.

The system is broken.
You're pretty naive man. Did you actually go to UT? If you did, than you these players got whatever they wanted, and places like Sterling Heights and College Park provided apartments for "discounted" rates for players.

Come on bro, you need to wake up.

No idea. But campaigning for a cause is one thing, that article is something different altogether.

I cant disagree on this, but I am not mad at him for it. I don't see anything that would cause someone to be worried about any sort of repercussions. Course that is all I really care about on this.

You're pretty naive man. Did you actually go to UT? If you did, than you these players got whatever they wanted, and places like Sterling Heights and College Park provided apartments for "discounted" rates for players.

Come on bro, you need to wake up.

That is news to me. Did you go to UT. Where the heck is sterling heights?

The system is broken.

Normal college kids don't have the university providing the x-box and smoothies for the, by and large, and that was my point.

I'm not arguing whether the system is broken or not. But the fact of the matter is:

AF knew the system he was signing on for. If it sucks that bad, no one broke his fingers to get a signature.

He made his own decisions, including moving off-campus, so he's lost the right to ***** and moan about what those decisions led to.

Maybe he sees how utterly inept the NCAA is & figures what can they really do. Johnny football laughed at them & he's still playing. Only difference is they can't follow a money trail when the kid already has money.

I cant disagree on this, but I am not mad at him for it. I don't see anything that would cause someone to be worried about any sort of repercussions. Course that is all I really care about on this.

Steverino has already offered up 5-10 scholarships.

VN Store

Back