Arian Foster admits to taking money at UT...

Arian just doesn't come across to me as someone who was struggling to make ends meet. To me, this is more of a "Coach drives a Lexus while I do all the work, I'm gonna get mine" type of deal.

Just my opinion of course, but that's the tone I get while reading the article.

Yup - "I'm the reason these people are here therefore I should get mine now, not later".

It was selfish to take it and even more so to blab about it.

Lay with dogs you'll wind up with fleas.

Reactions: 1 person
Maybe his intent was good, but you have to wonder when he prefaces his statement with, "I don't know whether this will throw us into an NCAA investigation...".

Yeah true. It's hard to say.

I don't have a problem with his message, but it makes no sense for him to create a false dilemma to do it. Just say you took money because you thought you deserved it.

What I don't understand is why is Tennessee becoming the media's leading school for justifying student athletes getting paid? Sure, you have the Yahoo article a couple weeks ago but two other schools were also mention and you haven't heard a thing from them or about them.

Now this, we have a former player trying to help push the paid student athlete agenda. Arian is not a dumb guy, he has to know the results of making this kind of public statement. There are only two reasons why he would do it.

1. He has some hard feeling about his time here or
2. He cares more about this issue than about Tennessee

WTF. They don't get an education?

Whose fault is that?

You don't have money for food?

Whose fault is that?

When I went to college, I played ball and got a freakin' job to pay for what I needed. Oh and I also got an education. A good thing too, because I would have never made a living based on my athletic ability, unlike poor Mr. Foster.

Where is a person's personal responsibility and pride any more?

They might as well do away with collegiate sports if this is what it is coming to.

Then where will they all be?

rant/off

Reactions: 4 people
Arian Foster wanted to be a professional football player. There is no path to the NFL that does not involve going to one college or another and having the broken NCAA system forced upon you. That is not a meaningful choice. It's easy to see why players treat the system with the contempt it deserves.

Fine, why hose your school and implicate it in the process?

He found a soap box in the shape of Neyland's statue and stepped up on it to give us his woe is me speech.

But since they are forced by gunpoint to play football and get a free education, they don't have enough time to work on the side to be able to afford Jimmy Johns on the weekend.

What an f'ing tragedy.

During the offseason, sure. Not during the season, though. Their schedules are crazy.

Arian Foster wanted to be a professional football player. There is no path to the NFL that does not involve going to one college or another and having the broken NCAA system forced upon you. That is not a meaningful choice. It's easy to see why players treat the system with the contempt it deserves.

Lots of people want jobs where they have to go through crap to get there. AF is no different, except that he's an attention whore.

What I don't understand is why is Tennessee becoming the media's leading school for justifying student athletes getting paid? Sure, you have the Yahoo article a couple weeks ago but two other schools were also mention and you haven't heard a thing from them or about them.

Now this, we have a former player trying to help push the paid student athlete agenda. Arian is not a dumb guy, he has to know the results of making this kind of public statement. There are only two reasons why he would do it.

1. He has some hard feeling about his time here or
2. He cares more about this issue than about Tennessee

Foster was a philosphy major. Ever met a philosphy major? I'm sure he feels like it's his obligation to say what he thinks is the truth as loudly as possible regardless of what the consequences are.

He's a scumbag. Not only is he attempting to harm his university, the school that gave him an opportunity to play college football and prepare for the NFL where he could make millions, but he also betrayed its fans.

Not to mention the coach who gave him food when he was hungry.

Reactions: 2 people
When I went to college, I played ball and got a freakin' job to pay for what I needed.

Doesn't the NCAA may have a rule the preventing athletes from having a job? Their lame attempt to prevent athletes from cush jobs where alumni pay lots to do little.

Either way, doesn't a full ride include a meal ticket to the training table?

Fine, why hose your school and implicate it in the process?

He found a soap box in the shape of Neyland's statue and stepped up on it to give us his woe is me speech.

I'm not defending Foster for throwing UT under the bus like this at all. I'm merely defending him for taking the tacos in the first place.

SI is just trying to dig up everything they can about scandals in college sports. They aren't doing it because they feel bad for the athletes; it's for the story.

He's a scumbag. Not only is he attempting to harm his university, the school that gave him an opportunity to play college football and prepare for the NFL where he could make millions, but he also betrayed its fans.

Foster has shown before he doesn't give a damn about UT before. I guess his HS had better tacos.

is he a scumbag that betrayed his school and fans because he took money or only because he admitted it? If you personally knew it happened yet Arian said nothing would you hold the same opinion of him?

VN Store

Back