Arian Foster admits to taking money at UT...

They helped get our basketball coach fired over having a recruit at a cookout.

I wouldn't discount the inability of the NCAA to exercise common sense.

That isn't why Pearl was fired. The NCAA wants this to just go away. The likely hood of them being around 5 years from now is slim to none anyway.

They helped get our basketball coach fired over having a recruit at a cookout.

I wouldn't discount the inability of the NCAA to exercise common sense.

The circumstances were different. It happened while pearl was coaching. The players were just starting into the league, and it was used as a recruiting ploy.

Fans booed him when he fumbled. Again and again. At the goal line. He's carrying a grudge. Seemed like he was getting over it, but apparently not.

Butch has welcomed him back to the program with open arms. If anything this is a slap to the face of CBJ.

Reactions: 1 person
Fans booed him when he fumbled. Again and again. At the goal line. He's carrying a grudge. Seemed like he was getting over it, but apparently not.

Did Arian Foster rat out UT because he had his feelings hurt for being booed or did you implicate him of that because you are still mad at him for fumbling?

Foster has a huge chip on his shoulder, and ax to grind, and is probably enjoying the current state of Tennessee football right now.

Did Arian Foster rat out UT because he had his feelings hurt for being booed or did you implicate him of that because you are still mad at him for fumbling?

I think this is the better question. I dont think UT needs to worry about this, but I wonder why foster said it the way he did.

So with $740 million in fresh play dough, I'm guessing that Sumlin will be bringing over Ruth Chris steaks and Laundry's seafood to his down and out starving athletes. SOB!

Thin skinned chump IMO. Did he want us to applaud his ball security problems. Butch needs to 86 his on campus access and I got a few ideas about bricks and the windows of Arian's house. Brick by Brick. Go Vols.

Reactions: 2 people
Ridiculous that so many fans feel that college athletes need pay. Yes, money is made. They don't have to have a cut of it. If that is your best rationale, several 5-yr olds need to be cut a weekly check from YMCA. Get your education and be thankful. Play football, or don't. And quit whining.

Reactions: 8 people
but we want to get on our high horses because kids like Arian Foster got a big bag of tacos?[/B]
Does this sound at all reasonable, much less equitable? I'm not sure where I stand on paying these kids as illegal crap will still continue, but I think all of us can agree the current system is exploitative and unfair...at least from the perspective of the kids who are putting on the uniforms to entertain us.

No, I'm getting on a high horse because Arian thinks of himself as some f##ing martyr, doing the greater good for his fellow athletes. In reality he's being a selfish prick, who has thrown his former coach and University under the bus.

Reactions: 4 people
Ridiculous that so many fans feel that college athletes need pay. Yes, money is made. They don't have to have a cut of it. If that is your best rationale, several 5-yr olds need to be cut a weekly check from YMCA. Get your education and be thankful. Play football, or don't. And quit whining.

amen

Good for Arian for speaking out. The exploitation of college athletes - mainly football and basketball players - is ridiculous. Those bastards with the NCAA are getting rich off of 18-22 year old kids who put their bodies on the line, and what do they get in return? If it's not about the money then why does the cost of tickets continue to go up. The NCAA system is flawed. There should be a new division of college football created to include all of the big time programs that will allow for payment to players. Hopefully, with all the recent so-called "breaking stories" of players taking money while in college will be the start of conversations about the topic of paying players. They are the ones that the fans are coming to see and where does that money go?

Huh? I didn't implicate him for anything and I'm not mad at him for fumbling. It was a decade ago, and I wasn't even there.

VN Store

Back