Arian Foster admits to taking money at UT...

Did Arian think about the other thousand student athletes in track, swimming, soccer, golf, field hockey, etc.? Or how about the scholarships and grants to regular students? The 107,000 football fans he saw paid for all of them to get a free education, room and board, and many of the same advantages he got. So he should get paid extra while none of the others do? The system is the best we can do, it's just that some football players see fans in the stands and feel entitled to more than any other student athlete or student. They are part of a system that benefits all students who choose to go to a large university. He could've played football at NAIA school and he would've still gone undrafted and may have not made an NFL team.

Reactions: 2 people
So they are putting their well being on "display" for free, in the off chance that an organization may in the future compensate them? What a great deal!

The NFL is another big winner in this equation. They get a free minor-league system without having to pay a dime.

The big time athletes already know they are bound for the NFL. At least in their arrogant minds. Whether its true or not, only time tells us. But that;s they way they THINK. So they pick whichever school they feel will give them the most national exposure and opportunity to showcase their skill. That's just a fact.

Thought I'd make a meme for this. If somethings already been done like this or its been quoted a lot, my bad

Attachments

• 2332322.jpg
    2332322.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 96
Reactions: 4 people
Because they aren't normal. Normal college kids go to cookouts. Football players fly all over the country to play a game.

Playing a bit of devil's advocate, but one kid goes to sleep full with a clear conscious and the other goes to sleep hungry or a cheater.

That not fair trade...

Your constitutional right to go get a job?

Um...

Just further proof of how screwed up these guys' minds are. WTF? They take away your rights? I must have missed the detail where they came into your home, put you in chains, put you on a ship, sold you to the University of Tennessee and forced you to play football for them.

AF could have just said,I went hungry and it shouldn't happen,not this,I remember counting baloney sandwiches out for days,till my next pay check came in and some times it didn't add up,nothing like a ketchup sandwich

I'm sure he didn't go threw anything like that at UT,and I'm suppose to think sports players are suppose to get paid too?I think not,they can get a job at 18 instead and see how happy they are then,I just hope he didn't take anything that has a paper trail to it

Reactions: 1 person
Football players at UT and every other major Div 1 football program eat both (better and more food) than any other student athlete in any sport. Furthermore athletes in the other sports still eat (far better and far more) than the average student. If you don't believe this, you have obviously never attended college or either you are very naive. Any football player at UT claiming he lacked food is lying plain and simple.

Reactions: 6 people
Just further proof of how screwed up these guys' minds are. WTF? They take away your rights? I must have missed the detail where they came into your home, put you in chains, put you on a ship, sold you to the University of Tennessee and forced you to play football for them.

The better ones are the ones that claim its modern day Slavery

Man that's rich

Playing a bit of devil's advocate, but one kid goes to sleep full with a clear conscious and the other goes to sleep hungry or a cheater.

That not fair trade...

I'm pretty sure Arian was not weighing that decision in his mind. He knew damn well what he was doing and he WANTED it. He's arrogant and felt like he was owed something and he took it. He wasnt worried about what you or the media or anyone else thought of it.

Just looked it up, as of 1997 they can have a job. I just remember watching a documentary talking about in the 80s they couldn't get a job. Maybe it was the 30 for 30 SMU one. They can make up to $2,000.

Last edited:
Just looked it up, as of 1997 they can have a job. I just remember watching a documentary in the 80s about saying they couldn't get a job. They can make up to $2,000

Per Academic year, doesn't include Summer.

$2,000 will buy a lot of tacos but it won't buy a new Lexus.

VN Store

Back