Arian Foster admits to taking money at UT...

he is #2 in career yards because he played all 4 years.... because he wasnt good enough to be drafted.... because he sucks.

Uh, his junior year he rushed for 1,193 yards and 12 TD's. His senior season he and the rest of the squad got the Clawfence. His and everyone else's production probably ranks as the worst in school history. Couple that with some ball security issues and an odd personality and it's a recipe for going undrafted. Certainly, he didn't suck as a RB.

Football players at UT and every other major Div 1 football program eat both (better and more food) than any other student athlete in any sport. Furthermore athletes in the other sports still eat (far better and far more) than the average student. If you don't believe this, you have obviously never attended college or either you are very naive. Any football player at UT claiming he lacked food is lying plain and simple.

This all day......I'd love to hear them plead their hard time case to guys in boot camp......athlete "warriors" my ass.

Reactions: 1 person
Foster you didn't do anything wrong, until you opened your mouth that is! But hats off to Fulmer for doing the right thing.

AF could have just said,I went hungry and it shouldn't happen,not this,I remember counting baloney sandwiches out for days,till my next pay check came in and some times it didn't add up,nothing like a ketchup sandwich

I'm sure he didn't go threw anything like that at UT,and I'm suppose to think sports players are suppose to get paid too?I think not,they can get a job at 18 instead and see how happy they are then,I just hope he didn't take anything that has a paper trail to it

This is where my line of thinking lies. The only issue I have is there is a gap somewhere in this process. Maybe they need a Dave Ramsey intro course to budget food and what stipends they do get.

The billions of dollars are made off of us..CFB fans. We are fans of particular teams because of different reasons, but because of certain players is hardly ever one of the reasons. The money is made because we watch our teams play whether they suck or not. It is not a personality driven business. If anyone should be pissed it is us, the ones who can barely afford to go to games anymore. My 3 kids are killing themselves right now to get a college education. Screw these bastards that think the opportunity is nothing more than toilet paper.

Preach on!!!

witness.png

AF could have just said,I went hungry and it shouldn't happen,not this,I remember counting baloney sandwiches out for days,till my next pay check came in and some times it didn't add up,nothing like a ketchup sandwich

I'm sure he didn't go threw anything like that at UT,and I'm suppose to think sports players are suppose to get paid too?I think not,they can get a job at 18 instead and see how happy they are then,I just hope he didn't take anything that has a paper trail to it

Even if he lived off campus Gibbs hall is open to players. They don't serve bologna at Gibbs. It is top notch. Far far far better than presidential, strong or the Hess Hall burger and fries.

Student athletes aren't "employees." You're student athletes, just like any other student who plays any other sport for The University of Tennessee. When you start throwing around the word employee it implies that the person deserves a salary. You cant pay players of one sport without paying the players of another sport, and we all know we cant pay every single student athlete on campus. You play high school ball to hopefully get recruited to play college ball. You play college ball to hopefully get drafted to play in the NFL. You play in the NFL for a LIVING. Thats when you deserve to get paid. HOWEVER, these players do need some type of unlimited eating plan. I think a 24 hour dining hall would be a great idea.

Reactions: 4 people
Student athletes aren't "employees." You're student athletes, just like any other student who plays any other sport for The University of Tennessee. When you start throwing around the word employee it implies that the person deserves a salary. You cant pay players of one sport without paying the players of another sport, and we all know we cant pay every single student athlete on campus. You play high school ball to hopefully get recruited to play college ball. You play college ball to hopefully get drafted to play in the NFL. You play in the NFL for a LIVING. Thats when you deserve to get paid. HOWEVER, these players do need some type of unlimited eating plan. I think a 24 hour dining hall would be a great idea.

Somehow, this gets lost with some people.

Even if he lived off campus Gibbs hall is open to players. They don't serve bologna at Gibbs. It is top notch. Far far far better than presidential, strong or the Hess Hall burger and fries.

Dude I still don't eat as well as an Athlete in Gibbs....that buffet was positively Vegas worthy.

Gibbs breakfast was amazing. Does he think he is special because he went hungry one night? Dude graduated with 5000 people and makes more money than all of them. What is his deal?

Houston has got to be getting tired of this knucklehead with all his intelligentsia crap because everyone I know is.

I was on the meal plan. Good eating Mon-Fri. Sat and Sun I was on my own and had no money. Mostly starved on weekends and often went to bed early on Sun just so Monday morning would hurry up and get here so I could eat. So, I got no sympathy for Arian on this one.

How long till the common fan gets sick of the mercenary, and gives up on all big time sports? We want to see players who play for the love of the game, the guys who would play if all they could get was Arena ball wages. They ***** and moan for a bigger piece of the pie. We should be the ones *****ing and moaning.

Gibbs breakfast was amazing. Does he think he is special because he went hungry one night? Dude graduated with 5000 people and makes more money than all of them. What is his deal?

Houston has got to be getting tired of this knucklehead with all his intelligentsia crap because everyone I know is.

I hate Houston and that ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffing Foster that SOB costs us more than 1 game when he was here.:furious3:

VN Store

Back